Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Timeline glitch??

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2018, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Timeline glitch??

Just wondering if anyone could shed some light on the current info my timeline has on the BA app. We are on holiday in the US travelling WTP (LAS/LHR/GLA for the return.) I was looking at pre booking seats for the return when I noticed the timeline on the app states we’ve been upgraded to Euro Traveller, now I’m aware that this is the basic domestic class anyway so why state upgraded?? Just for interest I’ve tried to upgrade the journey to CW ( I’m going to ask at the airport as if it’s reasonablle then we might treat ourselves) when I try and do so on the app it offers us upgrade to first only not CW. I’m now wondering if there is a chance we might be upgraded anyway... just curious if this has happened to anyone else?? Thanks

Last edited by thistlegirl99; Jun 30, 2018 at 6:07 pm Reason: Typo
Old Nov 26, 2018, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by thistlegirl99
Just wondering if anyone could shed some light on the current info my timeline has on the BA app. We are on holiday in the US travelling WTP (LAS/LHR/GLA for the return.) I was looking at pre booking seats for the return when I noticed the timeline on the app states we’ve been upgraded to Euro Traveller, now I’m aware that this is the basic domestic class anyway so why state upgraded?? Just for interest I’ve tried to upgrade the journey to CW ( I’m going to ask at the airport as if it’s reasonablle then we might treat ourselves) when I try and do so on the app it offers us upgrade to first only not CW. I’m now wondering if there is a chance we might be upgraded anyway... just curious if this has happened to anyone else?? Thanks
Was it really a glitch? The same thing has happened to me, timeline says that I have been upgraded one class up, but the manage my booking screen still says my current class.
Old Nov 26, 2018, 10:44 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by missbiz1923
Was it really a glitch? The same thing has happened to me, timeline says that I have been upgraded one class up, but the manage my booking screen still says my current class.
Welcome to Flyertalk missbiz1923, and welcome in particular to the BA forum, it's great to get new people joining us.

I must admit I'm still struggling to see what use Timeline is, and puzzled as to why they put resources into it when there are other App areas that could be added instead. But I think you are correct to look at what the seating options show in Manage My Booking, since from what I can make out that tends of accurate. It does happen that people get upgraded well before travel, usually thanks to WTP related issues, but firstly there is generally an email and secondly MMB shows the relevant seating.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.