Lounge by invitation only?

Old Jun 15, 2018, 12:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
Lounge by invitation only?

This sign makes me smile. The CCR is no more by invitation than the other ones.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 12:48 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Considering that this sign is after security, I think it is needed to differentiate so people know they can’t use the secret door to get access to other lounges.

Also, as it’s not a oneworld lounge this helps differentiate for those who are not aware.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Takiteasy
The CCR is no more by invitation than the other ones.
My entry to the CCR is definitely more frequently by personal invitation than my entry to any other lounge is.

Takiteasy and armouredant like this.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 2:13 pm

Someone should really add "pointless and pathetic long way round".
JayeJ likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by ppp909
You think everyone who is going to Galleries Club should be able to walk through the CCR to get there?
Old Jun 15, 2018, 2:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Sixt Gold
Originally Posted by ppp909
I couldn't disagree more. Silver/CW/CE customers can easily go thorugh fast track north and be immedeately into their lounge. First/Gold have their dedicated wing and are straight into the lounge.

LHR is one of the fastest security to the lounge airport I know.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 2:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
That's how it is now, but that sign is on the exit of south security, which is notable for being nowhere near any lounges, and was designed that way to maximise retail spend when T5 first opened.

In any case, the "straight into lounge" aspect doesn't apply to GC south and certainly didn't apply to GF until the First Wing opened last year. In that sense, the door to the CCR was a concession to convenience. Even if the situation wasn't that bad before compared to many other airports, I can't think of many airports that have the lounge so close to security and yet so hard to reach (maybe BCN and HKT?)
Soupdragon62 likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 4:08 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
I have folks on this forum to thank for the 'Security South -> CCR' quick route.
Would never have found it as a newbie otherwise.
Having 2-4-1-ed my honoured Pa and arranged to meet him there (after providing detailed instructions on how to get through security) I think this sign serves to distinguish CCR from the other lounges and makes it seem a little more special. That was nice for him and nice for me in reflection.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.