Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Help Getting to Tampa today LGW-TPA BA2167 Cancelled

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Help Getting to Tampa today LGW-TPA BA2167 Cancelled

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2018, 3:45 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Red
My sister is out in Florida near Tampa with her husband.

The weather explanation IMO a complete lie.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 3:51 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by SK AAR
If rebooking has already been made and accepted by the pax BA will not (and should not IMO) rebook again just because the pax change their minds, sorry...
Maybe the airline should have given them the full options and rights in line with the EU261 regulation and been honest with them.
Cymro and dougzz like this.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by richardwft
Has the operating air carrier fulfilled their obligation as detailed in Art 8?
There is no obligation on BA to rebook onto other carriers if there is BA service available the following day and the pax accepts that. Then the obligations in art. 8 are complied with. Period.

There is no obligation on BA to put the pax on any flight that the pax asks for as long as there is viable BA alternative.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 3:58 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
There is no obligation on BA to rebook onto other carriers if there is BA service available the following day and the pax accepts that. Then the obligations in art. 8 are complied with. Period.

There is no obligation on BA to put the pax on any flight that the pax asks for as long as there is viable BA alternative.
Not sure I would consider the following day to be a viable BA alternative?
Old Jun 15, 2018, 4:00 am
Suspended

Art 8 says “....at earliest convenience...” it appears you are making it up about “... must accept re-routing on the operating air carrier’s services, irrespective of passengers convenience ...”
Old Jun 15, 2018, 4:05 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
They would have the option of a refund too, so may be worth looking at other fares / airlines.

It is generally the case that you are given one involuntary reroute option and that you can't keep changing it. But that rule is honoured in the breach, and the lack of correct information would to my mind suggest a rethink on the BA side. In that respect it's worth thinking through why - specifically - a flight in 24 hours time is not acceptable.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 4:16 am

I am 90 minutes south of Tampa, its 6am and forecast for today is 89 degrees, sunny with small possibility of rain.

if there is a hurricane coming no one told Florida !!!!
wrp96 and MM00LL2 like this.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 4:32 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Originally Posted by flabound
I am 90 minutes south of Tampa, its 6am and forecast for today is 89 degrees, sunny with small possibility of rain.

if there is a hurricane coming no one told Florida !!!!
I’ve just been speaking to a very nice couple in the Gatwick Flounge who had come in on the delayed flight from Tampa and they mentioned that the flight was cancelled. Apparently an aircraft was struck by lightning yesterday at Tampa, injuring a baggage handler and causing some hatch damage and they reckoned that the aircraft had to be taken out of service. So weather yes, but yesterday’s weather, not today.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 4:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
So I'm back - ended up whizzing the passenger to Terminal 5.

The guy at Club World ticketing was excellent. First of all said "don't worry we'll get you to Tampa today"

After reading through copious amounts of notes; it seems the call centre spending longer finding reasons to say "no" and typing than fixing. He put the passenger on AA39/AA1921

Unfortunately the last leg is economy; this was accepted.

Overall, the call centre experience was very jaded, and it seems several 'not quite truths' were told. This will all iron out I am sure, and hopefully there will be a straight forward claim following EC261 regs.

Thanks all !
Old Jun 15, 2018, 4:35 am

Programs: BAEC
There are some incredibly helpful, understanding and proactive staff at T5. Good news for you friend.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 4:37 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Just spoke to my building manager south of Naples...expectation is for partly cloudy skies with a high of 32C. No rain in the forecast for today.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 4:46 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
The guy at Club World ticketing was excellent. First of all said "don't worry we'll get you to Tampa today"

After reading through copious amounts of notes; it seems the call centre spending longer finding reasons to say "no" and typing than fixing. He put the passenger on AA39/AA1921

Unfortunately the last leg is economy; this was accepted.
I'm glad you got a good result, finally. The MIA-TPA flight is not too long, only an hour, so it should be survivable. Now they have a ticket they can probably look for decent seats on AA1921 instead of being in 27B if they want to be pro-active about it.

Of course, I assume they've been advised to try the Cathay and Qantas lounges over in T3 where their flights leaves from. They should also get access to the Admiral's Club lounge in MIA if they present their incoming boarding pass.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by flatlander
Of course, I assume they've been advised to try the Cathay and Qantas lounges over in T3 where their flights leaves from. They should also get access to the Admiral's Club lounge in MIA if they present their incoming boarding pass.
Of course

Advised noodles and quick glass of fizz... their first T3 experience. However it has taken almost an hour from getting off tube to getting airside !!!!!
Old Jun 15, 2018, 4:53 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
....Overall, the call centre experience was very jaded, and it seems several 'not quite truths' were told. This will all iron out I am sure, and hopefully there will be a straight forward claim following EC261 regs....
Has there been some ‘Obfuscatious training’?
Don't hold your breath, there may be some ‘premiere obfuscating’ to come.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by flatlander
They should also get access to the Admiral's Club lounge in MIA if they present their incoming boarding pass.
The Flagship lounge is open in MIA and they would have access to that as well and it would be a better option.
SoggyDollar likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.