Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat 25B on A319

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2018, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, United 1K, Avis Presidents Club, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Elite
Seat 25B on A319

Whilst my flying has reduced recently while I am on gardening leave, I am still flying regularly (weekly) between LHR and BHD. On this service there is often an A319, and when I am booking around half the time I get a seat near the front on the aisle with the middle seat blocked (I don't fly club on short domestic services). However quite often the computer puts me in seat 25B- the last row and whilst its technically a middle seat there is no 25C so in effect an aisle seat.

Out of curiosity I ventured to the back of the aircraft to see it recently and as suspected, its a terrible seat. Does anyone have any idea why Fly/'the computer' would put me in that seat?

Thanks!

Last edited by OnslowSW7; Jun 14, 2018 at 6:59 am Reason: typos
Old Jun 14, 2018, 7:04 am

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
Have you been sneaking crisps out of the lounge?😉
Old Jun 14, 2018, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Is this on HBO? I had that seat allocated before status pax could move for free. It's an awful seat agreed / that row is claustrophobic
Old Jun 14, 2018, 7:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, United 1K, Avis Presidents Club, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Elite
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Is this on HBO? I had that seat allocated before status pax could move for free. It's an awful seat agreed / that row is claustrophobic
I'm usually flying on a redemption flight.... Just seems a bit random and strange. I thought perhaps it was a 'secret super seat'!

Although, quite often at BHD they exit from both the front and the rear of the plane, so you could be off quickly. Although not sure that makes it worth being in such a ghastly seat.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 7:13 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
If you are booking under T-72 hours then this can be the result, at least temporarily, though perhaps with the TS block - I don't think it's specifically that seat but it could be one down the back. If you leave it untouched for a few hours it may well move. If you are booking over 72 hours from departure then normally it will not / should not happen unless the aircraft is very full (e.g. LHR-BHD on a Thursday or Friday evening).
Old Jun 14, 2018, 8:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond
Do they unload at BHD via rear door ever?
When I fly LGW-SZG, I get auto seated in the rear of the plane, but they do often unload via front and rear to a bus.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 8:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by YacozA
Do they unload at BHD via rear door ever?
Quite often, steps to the tarmac and a few strides into the terminal building. Those at the front deplane via airbridge as usual.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If you leave it untouched for a few hours it may well move.
Well that is my next interesting experiment- to leave the seat allocation and see if it changes. I'll confess after I've booked the first thing I do is go into Manage My Booking and ensure I'm in a seat I like....
Old Jun 14, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Thanks for the head up. I'd actually selected these seats for a couple of flights with my wife this summer (LHR-OSL and back for an ex-EU (well, ex-EEA technically )). Thought it'd be nice for a couple as there's only the pair of seats rather than 3, but if it's this bad...
Old Jun 14, 2018, 10:52 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
AFAIK there is no window either in this row.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.