Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Just as I predicted: I now have two Exec Club accounts

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just as I predicted: I now have two Exec Club accounts

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2018, 6:01 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Yes but the letters are going out until April, and the changes take affect 60 days after your letter. So I at least haven’t had it and am therefore still eligible.
Old Nov 10, 2018, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by pauldb
Yes but the letters are going out until April, and the changes take affect 60 days after your letter. So I at least haven’t had it and am therefore still eligible.
Ah i see I had the Lloyds Avios card but just binned it after they announced the downgrade so was'nt up to date on how it was being managed. Hope you get your voucher ^
Old Nov 23, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze; ALL Gold
Just checked the crediting of Avios to my BAEC account and my Avios.com account - former from BA AMEX card, which worked as usual on my statement date, and latter from Lloyds Avios Rewards cards (AMEX and MasterCard). My Avios.com account remained open and active because I have AERClub membership; I was able to cash the latest BA upgrade voucher a month or so ago, and the Lloyds Avios were crediting there until this month. I too got a 'here is your BAEC PIN' email earlier this year, with no mention of an account number so I didn't pursue it as the Avios account seemed to continue working.
However this month's Lloyds Avios did not credit on the statement date, so (to avoid extortionate 7p/minute phone call charges) I had an online chat with an agent. We soon established that the missing Avios had indeed been credited to a different BAEC account, which they had set up for me without telling me the number... (like so many others further up this thread). However once all the security rigmarole hoops had been jumped through, the agent said he was able to merge the two accounts and, importantly, the new one into the old one. It will take up to five working days... we shall see.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 10:41 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Travelling Inspector
Just checked the crediting of Avios to my BAEC account and my Avios.com account - former from BA AMEX card, which worked as usual on my statement date, and latter from Lloyds Avios Rewards cards (AMEX and MasterCard). My Avios.com account remained open and active because I have AERClub membership; I was able to cash the latest BA upgrade voucher a month or so ago, and the Lloyds Avios were crediting there until this month. I too got a 'here is your BAEC PIN' email earlier this year, with no mention of an account number so I didn't pursue it as the Avios account seemed to continue working.
However this month's Lloyds Avios did not credit on the statement date, so (to avoid extortionate 7p/minute phone call charges) I had an online chat with an agent. We soon established that the missing Avios had indeed been credited to a different BAEC account, which they had set up for me without telling me the number... (like so many others further up this thread). However once all the security rigmarole hoops had been jumped through, the agent said he was able to merge the two accounts and, importantly, the new one into the old one. It will take up to five working days... we shall see.
I'm in almost exactly the same situation! Who did you online chat with to sort it all out - Avios, Lloyds or BA?
Old Nov 23, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze; ALL Gold
Sorry, should have said - all done on the Avios.com site with their chat feature.
Old Nov 23, 2018, 11:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I have also had the "welcome to BAEC" email and posting as Blue on the "new" account - though I'm Gold on my normal one

my Avios account balance was something pathetic like 600 Avios - I can't remember why I ever had it - all my Avios collection is from flights and my BA Amex, which posts direct to the "real" BAEC Gold account

Long story short - do I actually need to do anything at all here? Assume I don't care about the tiny Avios balance left behind. Can I just totally ignore this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.