Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Just as I predicted: I now have two Exec Club accounts

Just as I predicted: I now have two Exec Club accounts

Old Jun 27, 2018, 12:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriott Plat, Radisson Gold, EI Concierge
Very strange - I've just had an email from BA with "Your executive club PIN", giving me a PIN saying Welcome to the club, and indicating blue status. I just logged into my 'old' / normal account to check and it's still there, gold as usual, on the same email address. I did have an avios.com account, no avios CC, and no avios in the avios.com account for years. So all very strange. No BA club number, just the PIN, so I can't even login to look at it....
Old Jun 27, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
@heartstring - I just had the same email. Same circumstances as it said Blue and I am Gold. What was weird is it was to my ba exec account email address but my avios account was under a different email address. My thoughts were that it was a phishing email - in particular how the blue bit looked. It did however have my correct surname!
Old Jun 28, 2018, 1:54 pm

Also received a mystery blue exec club email with my pin to my BA Gold email address, from recollection, I've never had an Avios account at that address.

No notification of a new BA exec club number.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 2:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Turkish Miles&SmilesElite;; Freccia Alata Plus; Amex Platinum; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold Elit
I have received a PM from BAEC via FT after I posted a similar tale last week asking if they can help. As Im still on holiday I have not yet responded but if they approach all FTerd reporting this shambles, they will be extremely busy.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 2:26 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Just got the old BAEC Blue PIN email. Will wait and see where my Lloyds Avios post in a few days time...

You would have thought since I regularly move the Avios from my Avios account to my BAEC they could link the two.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 7:45 am

Programs: too many
Me too, currently on the phone with BA to merge the accounts.
Apparently they created one because ALL details need to be correct across the Avios and BAEC, and I forgot to update my account with the new address following a recent house move.

All's well, sorted out in 10 minutes, and the merge should be completed in 2 days. Points, as I was told, will post in waves over the summer
Old Jul 4, 2018, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Nothing heard here, probably because my Avios.com account had a zero balance.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: AAdvantage, and BAEC in name only
My partner and I had a combined 'Household' account with Avios.com but have separate BA accounts. We rang Avios to try to get a single transfer into either of the existing BA accounts but got a 'computer says no' response and gave up.

I have no doubt that we will shortly both get new BA accounts each with c300 Avios. Shambles.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 9:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I got an email today welcoming me to the Club. I'll have to wait for the log in pin to see my account details but I suspect it'll have an old UK address I registered with Avios.com.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 2:09 am

Programs: BA Silver
Just got one of these emails too - very strange as I've had no interaction/flights on BA for months...
Old Jul 5, 2018, 3:16 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Has anyone managed to login with this new account. I tried my Avios username and email address and the PIN they sent but neither work.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 5:20 am

Anybody know when avios is being shut down, this months spend on lloyds avios card yielded me 6434 avios and was sent to avios and not into the new baec app which has taken over ??
Old Jul 5, 2018, 5:36 am

I wonder what's going to happen with pending avios, I've got about 20k from the hotel to be credited at beginning of next year.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 5:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by oruvin
I wonder what's going to happen with pending avios, I've got about 20k from the hotel to be credited at beginning of next year.
They said they'll move to ba.com's stores?
Old Jul 5, 2018, 5:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mwp1
Anybody know when avios is being shut down, this months spend on lloyds avios card yielded me 6434 avios and was sent to avios and not into the new baec app which has taken over ??
my avios account is still open I think if you opted out then you have 6 months from May. I didnt do anything I am waiting for them to merge.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.