Wiki Posts
Search

hold times to make avios booking

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2018, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
hold times to make avios booking

I've been trying to make an avios booking on S7 (BA partner) on the phone, since the option has been removed from the website.
I've tried for 20 minutes, 30 minutes, today I survived 40 minutes of their music to no avail whatsoever.
My message is also left unanswered.

Do you know what is going on in BA? What is you normal hold time? This is just horrible.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 4:09 pm

Programs: QF, FI, BA, HHonors & Le Club Accorhotels
My best advice is to call an international office on Skype
Old Jun 13, 2018, 4:48 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by garethlewis
My best advice is to call an international office on Skype
agreed. Or Viber or Vonage or your regular mobile or home carrier if you have a good international rate plan. For some reason, US hold times seem to be atrocious these days.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:34 pm

It's become worse since AGL (Avios Group) decided to take calls for Avios bookings, whether flight only Avios or ground products booked with Avios. They can't cope with call volumes. There was a 2hr wait time 2 weeks ago.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 9:00 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Hold times as a whole would be much less of a problem if the website could be relied upon to facilitate avios bookings as it should. It seems to me that at any one time there is at least 1 long term and 1 short term issue triggering what should be an unnecessary need to call.
missdimeaner likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 12:29 am

Programs: BA Gold; Marriott Plat
S7 are bookable again on BA.com. I booked one a few weeks ago.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 1:02 am

I booked a domestic flight on S7 using Avios on the BA website just a few days ago. It all worked perfectly with the whole process running smoothly and the ticket was issued almost immediately.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.