Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The results of the BA staff survey are in ....

The results of the BA staff survey are in ....

Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:14 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by Raffles
Alex.

I reckon that more than 5% of people who manually 'collect' bull semen for a living would say they were 'happy' in their job .....
Yes but those people are w*****s...
Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:15 am

I chuckled at the irony of the 40% who recommend BA as an employer coupled with the 82% who intend to stay for more than 3 years. Golden handcuffs in action
ajamieson and subject2load like this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
That is a slating! Especially 'how do we feel about working for BA right now'.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:21 am

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Fair play for actually publishing this, I would be horrified if this was my staff, but I would want to know this. Will be interesting to see if these are more or less effective than the Nunwood surveys for passangers.

Results are similar to Glassdoor's reviews in BA where 44% would recommend to a friend (22% approve of Alex Cruzis)

https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Overview...3462.11,26.htm
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:24 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

The survey results are also in from 2 members of the BA Board on Flyertalk and BA (me and HIDDY)

82% prefer flying on Qatar, Cathay, JAL and Qantas
39% haven't actually flown BA for a number of years
91% love the ex EU's even though they're not as good as a few years ago
95% Like the Ambassadors but very few actually buy PETER01 a drink at Do's.
100% love the info on here and queries and help are here 24 x 7 - 365 days a year (that's very true in my view!)
100% of us love the Staffers posting here
27% can't see other peoples points of view
34% just like a good moan from time to time and feel better after it

Suspended

Originally Posted by BABenchley
Don't know how you got hold of this. This is not meant to be posted on a public forum as it contains commercially sensitive information.
You could say the same about the Lounge Access document, but it’s out in the open now - I’ve see it in in 3 places elsewhere already.
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Doesn't change my long term opinion that the calibre of BA management is low compared to the rest of the organisation, and continues to let down the great work done by front line staff.
wrp96, HarryHolden68 and LSunbury like this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:29 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Originally Posted by drakepassage

You could say the same about the Lounge Access document, but it’s out in the open now - I’ve see it in in 3 places elsewhere already.
@drakepassage Whats the Lounge Access document ? If its a good read ... could you share it via PM.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:30 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Peter01.
And 100% want CIHY and CWS to be given Knighthoods.
PETER01, T8191, squawk and 5 others like this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:35 am
Suspended

My only worry is, if the BA management does not respond correctly, this sentiment can turn into industrial actions very quickly. Large number of employee not happy but decide to stay means resentment and empowerment. This will create clash somewhere along the way. And history told us this is how industry actions would brew in the legacy airline industry. I hope this would remain a worry rather than reality.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:36 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by deboyzoned
@drakepassage Whats the Lounge Access document ? If its a good read ... could you share it via PM.
BA seem to publish it themselves now, although not sure it’s supposed to be public facing.. it was doing the rounds when it was still internal-only.

https://askba-faqemail.custhelp.com/...4P+%284%29.pdf
deboyzoned likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
It doesn’t make good reading does it but guess what BA management are trying to spin this into positive results.
ajamieson likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:47 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Raffles
It was sent to 17,000 people! I'm not running it on HFP though because that would be unfair.
Presumably 17,000 employees, still not designed for public consumption.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:53 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
Very sad, but at least they've actually bothered to get the feedback. I fear similar results would be fed back from customers. However, if planes are full and profits are up etc. then why care?
Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by drakepassage

BA seem to publish it themselves now, although not sure it’s supposed to be public facing.. it was doing the rounds when it was still internal-only.

https://askba-faqemail.custhelp.com/...4P+%284%29.pdf
Yep things are published regularly in non-secure places. As part of a "new company comes in trying to tell your granny how to suck eggs" thing, I had to do a presentation on a competitor.

So I presented on 1) their financial status
2) their profit by section
3) their 5 year plan and timelines

4) ETC ETC.

THe people that were supposed to tell us how to think outside the box were open jawed (excuse the FT pun). The all asked loudly. How did you get these figures and did I make them up?

Me: No I got them from THIS powerpoint posted on an insecure site which was an internal investors presentation by their CEO. I used Google and typed in "company financial and sales strategy". :-)
T8191, wrp96, GaxxyFlyer and 3 others like this.

Last edited by GlasgowCyclops; Jun 13, 2018 at 5:55 am Reason: predictive text is rubbish

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.