Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The results of the BA staff survey are in ....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The results of the BA staff survey are in ....

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2018, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by flyuk
My opinion is that it should have been properly protectively marked, and that if it had been it would have offered BA mitigation when faced with embarrassing questions about an infosec leak, which this clearly is.
There is no point 'protectively marking' something that is sent to 17,000 people. Either you keep circulation limited, or you publish it to the entire workforce knowing that it might get out. Even if the slide itself wasn't leaked, the substantive content (54% engagement, 40% would recommend, etc.) would obviously have been shared.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 2:23 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Oh dear, surveys like this should be at 60 to 70% happy, not good at all. Our management team flagellated themselves on a drop from 82% to 80% on one measure.

I don't consider where I work to be totally wonderful and there is room for improvement but these are dreadful engagement scores. I would say some of this is down to literally having a mobile workforce but it would seem the management have a long way to go on communication and improving working conditions (not just money)
Old Jun 13, 2018, 2:32 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
N.B. The survey would have been sent to the 35,000 something employees BA has. Of those 35K, 17K responded. These are the results of the answers they got and would be published on the Intranet for all staff to see.

It does seems telling to me that under 'What do we need to work on?' the answer seems to be 'Step up the propaganda' instead of 'Address the root cause of why our valuable employees feel so dang despondent'

With SpeakUP! surveys in the past, the steps to 'improve' something would be a footnote in a 5/10 year plan - which is of course forgotten/replaced in about 3 years. I wonder what changes will happen in response to this one?
Old Jun 13, 2018, 2:38 pm

Pretty bad results. Based on my experience with such surveys..the outcome likely leads to various pointless initiatives and staff being bullied into being 'happier' at least when they answer the survey.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 2:47 pm

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
The 3 year answer is very telling
they dont like their employer but know there is no better other option out there
im sure in the old days the crew got wuite a buzz from flying ; there still must be a small buzz? No?
Old Jun 13, 2018, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by JAXBA
N.B. The survey would have been sent to the 35,000 something employees BA has. Of those 35K, 17K responded.
45k according to the BA Media Centre, which would equate to an response rate of about 38%...

No idea if that’s relatively high or low for these things.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 3:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by golfmad

I would be very surprised if the document from which it came did not have Company Confidential somewhere written across it. Call me old fashioned but I also don't think this should be made available here.
The slide was embedded in the email as an image. There is no presentation, or if there is then this is the only slide sent to staff.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 4:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Or maybe like the Ordnance Survey with their mapping; they subtly change a little tiny piece of it, even at pixel level, and then send out a different variant to every person, then they can track the leaker!
mikeyfly and dawntreader380 like this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 4:19 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Heathrow Tower
Or maybe like the Ordnance Survey with their mapping; they subtly change a little tiny piece of it, even at pixel level, and then send out a different variant to every person, then they can track the leaker!
I remember that one well!

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2001/mar/06/andrewclark
Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:37 pm

One thing to consider is that the answers to the survey are heavily skewed towards head office folks. I attended a briefing where the %s of answers were given for all departments, and those based in the HQ (and 10th floor of Engineering) had a comparatively higher number of replies than, say, Customer Services or IFCE. I hear that this was quite a surprise for the grown-ups.

Will anything change, in my opinion?

Not-a-chance.

Cost is king, cost is king, cost is king. The City is telling IAG they don't like non-fuel CASK with a "+" sign before it, they want a "-". And that's what matters.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:42 pm

I don’t really care one way or another whether this information has been shared. I think it simply confirms what a lot of us all suspected. A question for Raffles though - in the past you’ve had exclusive articles / photos about things relating to BA and presumably these opportunities were orchestrated with the assistance of BA. Do you think that by posting this information online it may limit the opportunities presented to H4P in the future? After all, I would imagine some people in the BA Press Office would know Raffles on FT is Rob at H4P.
flyuk likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:54 pm

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
Originally Posted by Ldnn1
There is no point 'protectively marking' something that is sent to 17,000 people. Either you keep circulation limited, or you publish it to the entire workforce knowing that it might get out. Even if the slide itself wasn't leaked, the substantive content (54% engagement, 40% would recommend, etc.) would obviously have been shared.
Of course there is, that's its purpose. Even if you do assume it's going to get out, you have to be seen to do all you can to prevent that happening. I'm pretty sure that most of us in our working day have access to information that could be very damaging to the companies we work for, should it be released. "I didn't know it was to stay in the company" is an easy excuse to use if you don't put protective marking on it.

Also, you need to ensure that if it's found on a bus somewhere, whomever finds it (if they have some integrity) would return it to the originator or destroy it.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 12:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I actually think they're not too bad for a company that's been going through a transitional period for many years. .......................................
A survey revealing that 5 % of your employees are happy working for the company .... and the results are “not too bad” .........

Had to do a double-take on this one, and check that HIDDY’s identity had not somehow been stolen by Comical Ali, aka Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf.
(“There are no American infidels in Baghdad. Never! “)
DYKWIA likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 12:38 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by wingtip428

45k according to the BA Media Centre, which would equate to an response rate of about 38%...

No idea if that’s relatively high or low for these things.
There’s a difference between number of staff employed vs full time equivalents (most of Worldwide are part time on 30% or 50% contracts) which is often confusing depending on which figures are being used.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 12:58 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by flyuk

.................................................. ....

Also, you need to ensure that if it's found on a bus somewhere, whomever finds it (if they have some integrity) would return it to the originator or destroy it.
Perhaps what happened in this case is that the document was left on a BA plane somewhere.

The cleaners didn’t find it.

But an interested passenger did.

LCSinTexas likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.