Wiki Posts
Search

My First in First - Impressions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: MUCCI du gingembre cinquant, CAMRA
A good positive review but I disagree with the OP's comment:
It is however miles better than Club World
My view of BA First is the same as my view of Grand Cru over Premier Cru, yes Grand Cru is better, but not double the quality of Premier Cru. The difference between ordinary Chablis (Y+) and Premier Cru is notable and worthwhile... but the small quality step up to Grand Cru is just not worth the extra dosh.

Cheers!

G50
CatchThePigeon likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 3:28 pm

I flew BA First for the first time LHR to SAN this week on 777. I was the only person in it. Seemed odd they didn't have people to upgrade but I have no clue how that works. Service was great of course. Food was fair. The one thing that keep me from sleeping was the thundering herd of FA's walking by all the time. I never experienced the thumping of the floor on LH's 340, 747 or 380s. Also, the 777 First bathrooms were tiny. Well I assume both were same size as I asked a FA if they were both the same size..she looked at me funny. JL's 777 has one larger bathroom so its easier to change into/out of pj's (and the drop down floorboard to stand on). It was my first transiting through LHR. Getting from T3 to T5 was not fun. I must of missed a better way, while traveling in first, to get to T5 gate.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 3:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by delmardave
I flew BA First for the first time LHR to SAN this week on 777. I was the only person in it. Seemed odd they didn't have people to upgrade but I have no clue how that works. Service was great of course. Food was fair. The one thing that keep me from sleeping was the thundering herd of FA's walking by all the time. I never experienced the thumping of the floor on LH's 340, 747 or 380s. Also, the 777 First bathrooms were tiny. Well I assume both were same size as I asked a FA if they were both the same size..she looked at me funny. JL's 777 has one larger bathroom so its easier to change into/out of pj's (and the drop down floorboard to stand on). It was my first transiting through LHR. Getting from T3 to T5 was not fun. I must of missed a better way, while traveling in first, to get to T5 gate.
Actually that's something I forgot to mention. The bathrooms! Very very tiny and it was indeed difficult to change into my pijamas.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 4:55 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by flatlander
Clearly, you sit differently or something. You hear it a number of times because it's a real problem. I'm 188cm tall.

The back support on the QR seat (especially their 787 seat) ends below the top of my shoulders - it ends somewhere on the middle of my shoulder blades. There is a sharply pointed edge on the top of the back support padding and a gap to the headrest, which also doesn't adjust high enough to actually support the middle of my head. So I'm sitting with nothing to rest my head on and a sharp edge digging into my shoulder blades (unless I slouch a lot).

The BA CW seat doesn't have this problem (except CW LCY which has exactly the same problem).

The older QR seat, as on the 777-200LR in a 2-2-2 layout, is less problematic.
Very strange, I've never experienced anything like this and I'm slightly taller than you at 192cm. What I do find a real problem is that the CW seat is slightly too short when folded down for me to lie on comfortably. I don't have this problem in either BA F or QR J (or CW extra legroom seats such as 62K etc.)
Old Jun 15, 2018, 1:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Ancient Observer
Do Lord Lucan's rants disappear?
Do you mean me? Didn't realise I was ranting
Ancient Observer likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 1:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by itsmeitisss
He's on a rantfest at the moment. But he is an award winning revenue manager (apparently).
Yes, I've been following that other thread too
Old Jun 15, 2018, 4:51 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
It was a tiny little jest.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.