Corfu Airport improvements

Old Jun 12, 18, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Corfu Airport improvements

I flew with BA from Corfu recently and can report that online check-in is now available, and that boarding passes on the app are accepted at security and the gate. So if you don't need to check a bag that should save some time. There's also now boarding by groups for BA flights, a new security search area with greater capacity and renovated toilets. There's still not much to do after security, and no sign of a lounge, but the airport experience is better than it was last year, and hopefully will improve further. As the airport is so close to Corfu Town (I walked, which may not be for everyone) it's probably worth staying there as long as possible and keeping time at the airport to a minimum. And if you are in Corfu Town I can recommend eating at Pomo D'Oro, which is one of the best restaurants I've been to in Greece.
Woodbinerich and Dan72 like this.
Old Jun 12, 18, 4:53 pm

Programs: BAGGL, TK Elite, Accor Gold, Hilton Dia, IHG Spire
I like the idea of a walking transfer. I once did it in Mahon, although was 5km so defiantly not for all!
Old Jun 12, 18, 4:56 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Thanks for that update, it will be interesting to know if the other Greek locations are going the same way: these airports have recently been privatised to Fraport (owned by FRA airport), and in the deal Fraport agreed to update these airports' IT systems. Speculating here but this may have allowed the airport to use more than the cut-down version of FLY, which in turn forced everyone to check-in at the airport (SKG and ATH excepted). So it would be good to get more datapoints from other Greek airports.
HighlandPark likes this.
Old Jun 12, 18, 5:39 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH FTL (Silver)
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
Thanks for that update, it will be interesting to know if the other Greek locations are going the same way: these airports have recently been privatised to Fraport (owned by FRA airport), and in the deal Fraport agreed to update these airports' IT systems. Speculating here but this may have allowed the airport to use more than the cut-down version of FLY, which in turn forced everyone to check-in at the airport (SKG and ATH excepted). So it would be good to get more datapoints from other Greek airports.
Will do JMK in about a month's time. I am curious to see the Fraport improvements, I hope at least it will be cleaner and less dusty than last time I used it!
Old Jun 12, 18, 5:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Another data point is HER. When I flew back from there to LGW recently I was very pleasantly surprised to be able to check in online and to be able to sit in the air-conditioned departure lounge (luxurious compared to how HER was last year) after security. There is no BA lounge sadly, but things are perfectly bearable. Group 1 was called first, so me and Mrs drpabs were first onto the bus to the plane and with a little deduction we were able to position ourselves so as to be first off too.
corporate-wage-slave and SK like this.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: