Wiki Posts
Search

BA WiFi on iPad

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2018, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
BA WiFi on iPad

I'm on my first BA flight with WiFi just now. I repeatedly tried to connect on my iPad for about two hours, always receiving an error message saying "WiFi currently not available". The weird thing is that it works without any problems on my iPhone.

Anybody had the same problem? Any solution?
Old Jun 12, 2018, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I find that it is quicker to find the .air homepage then type shop.ba.com into their browser.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Can I help you
I find that it is quicker to find the .air homepage then type shop.ba.com into their browser.
What is the .air website? Whatever I type redirects to shop.ba.com?
Old Jun 12, 2018, 12:40 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Premier (Level 1), Marriott Platinum Premier, Hilton Diamond (via BA)
Does staff get to use Wifi? I assume it is just for the CSD's iPad for BA related things and regular staff in the air (working) would pay for it as they are working?
Old Jun 12, 2018, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As long as that’s where you are directed you are in the right place, shop.ba.com
Old Jun 12, 2018, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Can I help you
As long as that’s where you are directed you are in the right place, shop.ba.com
It goes there, then says wifi is not available. But only from the iPad - it works perfectly fine from the phone.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

At present all customers and crew get one free hour, it is some kind of promotion, I expect that the SCCM will be able to access the internet in the future for free as this will be useful for our job.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 1:49 pm

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
On public WiFi it's airways best to try a non Https site if you need to authenticate, which can be hard to find nowadays. http://neverssl.com is my preferred choice.
lavajava likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.