Wiki Posts
Search

BA1311 ABZ-LHR 12 Jun problem?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2018, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
BA1311 ABZ-LHR 12 Jun problem?

Something amiss I think. Due to depart at 1240, gate closed and all boarded.
I was watching from the lounge area. Saw a few police walking outside, then saw luggage containers taken off.

A few mins later all passengers off with their luggage.

No doubt info will follow from the airport or BA.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 6:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Ambassador
Plane damaged by luggage lift, aircraft is now unserviceable, all offloaded and queuing at check-in for rebooking.

Unlikely to make start of holiday in PSA tonight.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 6:20 am
Original Poster

Thought so! Just had it confirmed by staff. Where are you? I am at gate 4
Old Jun 12, 2018, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Just reminded me that I have a EU 264 claim for the same last year to lodge!!
Old Jun 12, 2018, 6:23 am

In the queue back at check-in. Which isn't moving. Might try the silver line.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 6:45 am
Original Poster

I am boarded on the plane next door, why I could see the outside goings on!

Safe travels, hope they sort you out ok
Old Jun 12, 2018, 8:21 am

As it was a BA holiday booking, silver line couldn't rebook, but the BA holiday duty line picked up very quickly and rebooked.

Unfortunately it's on the 1317 at 20:25, then a schlep to Gatwick, overnight hotel, then on to PSA tomorrow morning on the 2600 @ 07:15.

Does anyone know if BA can issue bus tickets at LHR, or is it a claim back? Might take the taxi option instead if I have to claim back.

Is there a chance of an EC261 claim in this case?
Old Jun 12, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: BA Silver, SAS EB Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond, Starwood Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ExAbz
Absolutely! I had a claim paid a couple of years back by BA for an aircraft being struck by a ground unit at Gatwick. Mind you, the result was a A319 replacing an A320 and us being offloaded.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by sph77

Absolutely! I had a claim paid a couple of years back by BA for an aircraft being struck by a ground unit at Gatwick. Mind you, the result was a A319 replacing an A320 and us being offloaded.
I was being considerate to BA as they are unlikely to have spare aircraft at an outstation such as ABZ.

Anyway I shall probably submit a claim, especially as the captain expedited boarding for some reason, we had to vacate the lounge mid-snack it was so early, and which possibly contributed to the ground handling incident by rushing the baggage loading.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 9:01 am
jmd

Programs: BAEC gold
Yes - BA should give you national express vouchers for the bus. I run into this quite often, as if there is a delay out of JER which results in a misconnect at LGW then the re-route is often via LHR.

Last edited by jmd; Jun 12, 2018 at 9:02 am Reason: Typo
Old Jun 12, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: BA Blue, Avios, Accor Basic, IHG Gold
As it was a BA holiday booking, silver line couldn't rebook, but the BA holiday duty line picked up very quickly and rebooked.

Unfortunately it's on the 1317 at 20:25, then a schlep to Gatwick, overnight hotel, then on to PSA tomorrow morning on the 2600 @ 07:15.

Does anyone know if BA can issue bus tickets at LHR, or is it a claim back? Might take the taxi option instead if I have to claim back.

Ouch cruddy itinerary... hope it goes well. On the plus side, buses from LHR to LGW are reasonably regular and quick.

Hope you don't end up in one of the myriad 'LGW' hotels that are nowhere near the airport. If so, feel free to give me a shout and I'll see if I can provide any advice.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Of course, if BA do not issue a voucher for the National Express coach then keep your receipt and claim it back later. Taxi is pushing it, BA's reputation is not to pay out more than £50 for a taxi which won't get you to Gatwick. In this case, the coach is an entirely reasonable option and a taxi is not justified for the average passenger.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:59 am

Programs: BA Silver, SAS EB Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond, Starwood Gold, Accor Silver
I was being considerate to BA as they are unlikely to have spare aircraft at an outstation such as ABZ.

Anyway I shall probably submit a claim, especially as the captain expedited boarding for some reason, we had to vacate the lounge mid-snack it was so early, and which possibly contributed to the ground handling incident by rushing the baggage loading.
sorry, should have expanded on this better. It was EDI-LGW-FNC. We were denied boarding at Edinburgh as the incoming A320 had been struck by a ground vehicle at LGW. They substituted an A319 and a number of us, therefore, found ourselves unable to check in. We were re-routed to FNC via LHR and LIS and landed 6 hours late. We received €400 each after a brief fight (they wanted to pay based on the distance from EDI-LGW!)

I guess the principle of the aircraft being hit by a ground unit is what matters?
Old Jun 12, 2018, 11:14 am

Programs: BA Gold
A BA plane in ABZ was hit by a catering truck apparently
Old Jun 12, 2018, 11:54 am

The BA holidays agent mentioned a taxi, I've used the bus before so would be ok with that.

Apparently we're in The Block at the South Terminal. Presumably a hotel and not some form of penitentiary.

Not offered any vouchers and as the lounge at ABZ doesn't do hot food having a "high quality" dinner in The Globe. Will add this to the claim.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.