Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dirty Club World seats

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2018, 4:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Originally Posted by bmibaby737

Well that's fine, but I doubt that will have very little affect on how clean BA's planes are. The cleaners will still have an certain amount of time to clean an allocated area of space.
It will probably have a big affect as the current contracts with the contractors will at some point have to be renegotiated when they come up for renewal. BA's deciding factor will be cost.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 11:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
My last WT+ flight has a screen that was at 30 deg because the bolt was loose and the area around the seat was dirty and I had second thoughts about kicking my shoes off. However, the next flight was Ł1000 more than WT on QR so I flew QR. Even in economy it was nice. This trip BA was again about Ł1000 more than WT+/PE in CX so I had my first flight on the CX350 from LGW to HKG and then on the same from HKG to ICN. Really noticeable cleaner planes.

Looking to 2 weeks time. BA WT+ is Ł500 more than QR club exEU from OSL and Ł900 more than CX. It is a real no brainer now to fly with others. I was a Only BA and Direct from UK person (with the exception of the GLA-LON link) but now I'm looking at others first.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 4:01 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
BA needs better J passengers it seems. It's not the crew making these messes. (But I agree the cleanliness is an issue!)
Old Jun 13, 2018, 9:57 am
Suspended

Read some of the latest comments again and you will see, it's all about money. As long as the buying public puts price ahead of all other considerations, the airline will do the same. Low price seats, low price cleaning. The people always get what the people deserve, whether they think that is what they deserve or not.

Unfortunately, those willing to pay a bit more for better comfort and service, have to suffer the consequences of the majority not being willing to pay.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by dulciusexasperis
Read some of the latest comments again and you will see, it's all about money. As long as the buying public puts price ahead of all other considerations, the airline will do the same. Low price seats, low price cleaning. The people always get what the people deserve, whether they think that is what they deserve or not.

Unfortunately, those willing to pay a bit more for better comfort and service, have to suffer the consequences of the majority not being willing to pay.
Except that BA is rarely cheaper than some of the other airlines mentioned in this thread. So if the likes of CX or LH can have clean aircraft and charge less for seats, why can't BA?
williamn78 and ermis177 like this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 2:04 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by icegirl
It will probably have a big affect as the current contracts with the contractors will at some point have to be renegotiated when they come up for renewal. BA's deciding factor will be cost.
Well unless Jeremy introduces legislation saying you can't let your cleaners clean more than 2 747's an hour, I really don't see how it would change.

And if he did, BA just take 1 or 2 cleaners off the job and you have the same cost and quality of clean as before.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 2:25 pm

Programs: Qatar, Turkish, Aeroflot
Originally Posted by yb90
This was me, banging on about a scuff in F, happy to defend my position, please refer to post and I am sorry if you cannot understand it. Apparently expecting an undamaged first class seat or a clean CW seat is over entitlement, unfortunately I am not content enough as you then.

If I had the time and was feeling stubborn enough I would not seat myself until cleaned in this scenario, it looks to be breeding a world of toxins and most certainly not safe.
Yep, seen the thread now, and my original sentiment still stands as highlighted below:

Originally Posted by dulciusexasperis
Reading this leads me to reach three conclusions.

There are people who look for any reason to try and get some free points out of it. " I couldn’t be bothered to point this out to cabin staff (in retrospect probably I should have) but I decided to email Customer Services with the pictures. Their response was very disappointing and basically said they can’t offer any Avios but they appreciate my valued feedback. " So yeah, you 'couldn't be bothered' but you could be bothered to take pictures and ask for some Avios. You're motives are quite transparent. You didn't write to them and say, 'hey guys, clean up your act, get your cleaning staff to do their job right.' You didn't really write to complain about the cleanliness and lack thereof, you wrote to get some free Avios. When you didn't get them, that's what you find "very disappointing', not the lack of cleanliness.

Second, the two sets of photos above lead me to believe that BA unfortunately seems to fly some pretty sloppy passengers. After all, the lack of cleanliness does come from those who fly on the planes, not the cleaning staff who fail to do a good job of cleaning up after them. There is no excuse for cleaning staff to not do their job of cleaning, but there is also no excuse for passengers who create the mess to begin with. The photos by Frequent_Flyer1, look like someone was sloshing wine all over the place.
The first 3 are what really irks me about many of the 'premium' flyers on here. Again, as I've said before, the sense of millennial-esque overentitlement. Sure, I understand when one pays a lot, one expects a lot, no one has ever said that should never be the case, but over minor cosmetic issues (not quite so much the utter filth build up...that's a different matter) which have absolutely 0 impact on one's travel experience seems not only OTT but also grossly selfish.

It also strikes me that the American 'compensation culture' has made its way over to the UK and they're trying to do the same at any minor inconvenience and that a lot of the premium flyers perhaps don't realise how fortunate they are, whether they do it for business, self-made or are just able to do it. So it seems a little distasteful to cause a palava over tiny things when others could only dream of such luxuries.

As for the type of passenger...well...let's just say I believe nationality does play quite a significant role in that...

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I guess that's a telling comment.
  1. They aren't going to reward serial complainers, suggesting they think the OP is really clutching at a straw, something of no substance, in the hope of getting smothered in avios
I couldn't possibly agree with this more. This is hitting the nail on the head, particularly for the 'seat scuff' more than anything.

Originally Posted by Sealink
BA needs better J passengers it seems. It's not the crew making these messes. (But I agree the cleanliness is an issue!)
It does occur to me that as a Brit and having lived out of the UK for some time now, Brits are inherently quite messy as a nation which is caused 1) by a lazy attitude "that's someone else's job" (very much like the Saudis but not quite as forceful) and 2) an approach to a lack of bins/recycling facilities for one reason or another. It happens in restaurants, on the streets, in the cinemas, can't really see why it wouldn't happen in a premium cabin of an aircraft too.

But hey, that's just my opinion which I KNOW most of you won't agree with and will vehemently deny/counter etc
Old Jun 13, 2018, 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by ilcannone

The first 3 are what really irks me about many of the 'premium' flyers on here. Again, as I've said before, the sense of millennial-esque overentitlement.
Excuse - what on this thread points you this demographic. I can say the same about Gen X etc... spare me the generalisation.
LCY8737 and rickg523 like this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by dodgeflyer
Excuse - what on this thread points you this demographic. I can say the same about Gen X etc... spare me the generalisation.
I never said anything about an actual demographic, I was merely describing the entitlement attitude. Adjectives and all...
Old Jun 13, 2018, 3:42 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Global Entry
Seriously? ilcannone I'm not going to quote your post, it's your opinion but full of lazy generalisations.

Just look again at the pictures at the top of this thread and tell us again how entitled we are when we pay THOUSANDS of pounds for a service which is advertised using the most luxurious adjectives and imagery.

If I feel entitled to a premium experience, it's because BA has led me to believe that's what I'm getting for my money.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 4:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Can you imagine when you're a sleep on the plane and one of them is crawling all over you?

Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:21 pm

Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:54 pm

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by ilcannone
I never said anything about an actual demographic, I was merely describing the entitlement attitude. Adjectives and all...
If there is one thing that unites my grandparents, my parents and myself then it is a desire for a cleanliness. All of us would agree that one should not sit in filth, irrespective of how much money was spent or how old one is. It's just one of those things that one either learns before the fifth birthday - or never.
passy777, wrp96 and RolfD like this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by FeedbirdNiner
Seriously? ilcannone I'm not going to quote your post, it's your opinion but full of lazy generalisations.

Just look again at the pictures at the top of this thread and tell us again how entitled we are when we pay THOUSANDS of pounds for a service which is advertised using the most luxurious adjectives and imagery.

If I feel entitled to a premium experience, it's because BA has led me to believe that's what I'm getting for my money.
Apologies for not making it clearer, I was referring more to the "seat scuff". The poor cleanliness is a somewhat different matter and I would agree to a good extent about being unhappy with it. I even referenced that as well.
FeedbirdNiner likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 11:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by LCY8737

If there is one thing that unites my grandparents, my parents and myself then it is a desire for a cleanliness. All of us would agree that one should not sit in filth, irrespective of how much money was spent or how old one is. It's just one of those things that one either learns before the fifth birthday - or never.

I agree completely that cleanliness matters. However, at the same time, the evidence does not always back up the stated beliefs of people. I blame much of the mess on the passengers as I have already said and the 'price is all that matters' mentality of the majority of air travellers today regardless of what class seat they are flying in.

I notice that those disagreeing with ilcannone, are not making any comment in regard to his statement, "It does occur to me that as a Brit and having lived out of the UK for some time now, Brits are inherently quite messy as a nation which is caused 1) by a lazy attitude "that's someone else's job" (very much like the Saudis but not quite as forceful) and 2) an approach to a lack of bins/recycling facilities for one reason or another. It happens in restaurants, on the streets, in the cinemas, can't really see why it wouldn't happen in a premium cabin of an aircraft too."

Dare I connect that statement by ilcannone LCY8737, to your statement about cleanliness being desirable? If it is so desirable, tell my why it is that I was at a loss at first to understand what all the 'dark blobs' were on UK streets. It seems that while you, your grandparents and parents find cleanliness desirable, your fellow Brits act contrary to that stated belief, to the tune of 2,000,000 times a day. And to add insult to injury, the response is to try to blame it on someone else and make that someone else pay to clean it up.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...eets-lga-says/

Hello! Do you not have anti-littering laws? If there are, why is the outrage not about those laws not being applied to those doing the littering? No one can argue or is trying to, that the airline's could not do a better job of cleaning their planes. At the same time however, no one can argue that the passengers have no blame in this regard. Everything isn't always someone else's fault or responsibility to change their behaviour about.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.