Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dirty Club World seats

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by PAL62V
As opposed to YOUR value criteria...or anyone else's? How can someone apply any value criteria but their own in a discussion?

Anyway, a scuffed seat is one thing. Not satisfactory but not exactly earth shattering either. The pics I am seeing here are far worse and I think by anyone's value criteria, pose an actual threat to health in some cases.
I agree with you, the dirty seat is much worse, but that's just my view which I believe is the same as yours. I was trying to make the point that both seats are not the web images, not the product BA claim to be selling, the degree to which they're not becomes subjective. The point I want to make is now lost across two threads. But would you for example take the plane out of service and disappoint a couple of hundred passengers for this dirty seat, in the way that was ridiculed for the 'scuffed' First seat. I don't know what is right, but my underlying issue is that the customer expecting what they were sold is not the one cancelling the flight, that is BA who run their fleet too close to maximum capacity to handle problematic seats, and then often fail to offer proper compensation, whilst continuing to run planes that are a long way from what they pretend to sell.

As CIHY says above most of the LHR fleet have had the deep clean, which is nice for flying in the next few weeks. But will that be maintained, what is in place to fix the ongoing problem. In however many months it takes of insufficient cleaning is much of the fleet back to grim seats scattered throughout the plane.
PAL62V likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
2038 for the next scheduled deep clean?
awestphal and yb90 like this.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Worcester
He didn't say high quality.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: Qatar, Turkish, Aeroflot
Originally Posted by yb90
This was me, banging on about a scuff in F, happy to defend my position, please refer to post and I am sorry if you cannot understand it. Apparently expecting an undamaged first class seat or a clean CW seat is over entitlement, unfortunately I am not content enough as you then.
I don't know what 'F' is, but I am assuming something like business or first class (not all of us are aware of such terminology). But, it would depend on what a 'scuff' is...
Old Jun 12, 2018, 12:32 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by ilcannone
I don't know what 'F' is, but I am assuming something like business or first class (not all of us are aware of such terminology). But, it would depend on what a 'scuff' is...
F referring to First Class, J business class. There's a thread on abbreviations on FT somewhere but more for the geeks, like me!
Old Jun 12, 2018, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by robbie1984

"I do appreciate why you're upset, and I note this isn't the first time you've had this problem. "

I guess that's a telling comment.
  1. They aren't going to reward serial complainers, suggesting they think the OP is really clutching at a straw, something of no substance, in the hope of getting smothered in avios
  2. Filthy seats represent a problem the complainer has, rather than one the airline has
Old Jun 12, 2018, 1:51 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by dulciusexasperis
Reading this leads me to reach three conclusions.

There are people who look for any reason to try and get some free points out of it. " I couldn’t be bothered to point this out to cabin staff (in retrospect probably I should have) but I decided to email Customer Services with the pictures. Their response was very disappointing and basically said they can’t offer any Avios but they appreciate my valued feedback. " So yeah, you 'couldn't be bothered' but you could be bothered to take pictures and ask for some Avios. You're motives are quite transparent. You didn't write to them and say, 'hey guys, clean up your act, get your cleaning staff to do their job right.' You didn't really write to complain about the cleanliness and lack thereof, you wrote to get some free Avios. When you didn't get them, that's what you find "very disappointing', not the lack of cleanliness.

Second, the two sets of photos above lead me to believe that BA unfortunately seems to fly some pretty sloppy passengers. After all, the lack of cleanliness does come from those who fly on the planes, not the cleaning staff who fail to do a good job of cleaning up after them. There is no excuse for cleaning staff to not do their job of cleaning, but there is also no excuse for passengers who create the mess to begin with. The photos by Frequent_Flyer1, look like someone was sloshing wine all over the place.

Third, BA should indeed look at changing their cleaning contractor or staff if it is their own people. But like everything else, no doubt it comes down to the lowest bidder for the work. Just like the average traveller looking for the lowest price seat. If the traveller wants the lowest price, I don't see how they can complain if the airline looks for the lowest cleaning price. Both are doing the same thing, putting money ahead of any other consideration. People who live in glass houses.......................

Are you serious?
I compare BA to other airlines, and they seem to be much cleaner!
Or are you saying that cleaner passengers fly LH than BA?
Old Jun 12, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
A few weeks ago in a 5 star hotel in London ( proper 5 star, cheaper room goes for about £500) the cleaner was detained as she stole a very expensive jewellery from one of the customers room. Althought i do not agree with her action her justification was what the UK labour market is at the moment. She was on a zero hours contract signed to work as a self employer with no benefits on a min wage. She was cleaning 15-20 rooms per day for nothing. From the way that BA treats their staff ( 'poverty salaries') i am sure the cleaners are on similar contracts. If you pay bananas you get monkeys.

@ dulciusexasperis sorry but your post defies logic. How is it possible for so many airlines to keep their fleet so clean and BA cant? I can assure you the same people that flight with BA in club world they fly with LH/KLM/AV etc in J. You cant blame the customer when as @mikeyfly rightly said it can be all sorts of reasons.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 2:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by bmibaby737
My dad recently did Club World for the first time since it became a flat bed product. LHR-MCT. He was frankly shocked how dirty the seat was and would not spend the money to fly BA again.

It's going to get to a point where they will have to do something about it.
Further to this, my last CW Flight JFK-LHR had a massive wine stain on the carpet.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Something like a bad wine stain would need deep cleaning and there normally wouldn’t be time at an outstation and would be cleaned back at base.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 3:16 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Global Entry
Originally Posted by ermis177
A few weeks ago in a 5 star hotel in London ( proper 5 star, cheaper room goes for about £500) the cleaner was detained as she stole a very expensive jewellery from one of the customers room. Althought i do not agree with her action her justification was what the UK labour market is at the moment. She was on a zero hours contract signed to work as a self employer with no benefits on a min wage. She was cleaning 15-20 rooms per day for nothing. From the way that BA treats their staff ( 'poverty salaries') i am sure the cleaners are on similar contracts. If you pay bananas you get monkeys.

@ dulciusexasperis sorry but your post defies logic. How is it possible for so many airlines to keep their fleet so clean and BA cant? I can assure you the same people that flight with BA in club world they fly with LH/KLM/AV etc in J. You cant blame the customer when as @mikeyfly rightly said it can be all sorts of reasons.
Why doesn't this affect the other airlines operating out of London then?

Last edited by FeedbirdNiner; Jun 12, 2018 at 3:21 pm Reason: grammar
Old Jun 12, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
@ FeedbirdNiner not all airlines use the same contractors. This zero hours contract etc its in the heart beat of the English neo liberal system. Its a very long conversation and its off topic so i do not really want to start it. Good examples unfortunately are Greenfell tower, NHS crisis, Police cuts etc. English capitalistic system is obsessed with cut costing and number driven. I am pretty sure the BA says to contractors ' you clean 1 plane in 1 hour you get ££, you clean 1 plane in 30 minutes you get double'. We see the results here... Also may i say i used to work in a zero hours contract for a few years before i join the civil service.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by ermis177
@ FeedbirdNiner not all airlines use the same contractors. This zero hours contract etc its in the heart beat of the English neo liberal system. Its a very long conversation and its off topic so i do not really want to start it. Good examples unfortunately are Greenfell tower, NHS crisis, Police cuts etc. English capitalistic system is obsessed with cut costing and number driven. I am pretty sure the BA says to contractors ' you clean 1 plane in 1 hour you get ££, you clean 1 plane in 30 minutes you get double'. We see the results here... Also may i say i used to work in a zero hours contract for a few years before i join the civil service.
Not going down the politics/social side of it and will stay on topic, but BA aren't being capitalistic about aircraft cleaning. Capitalism or Communism it probably wouldn't change how BA clean their aircraft.

Obviously they feel they can get away with it so just vote with your wallet. Emirates and Qatars planes are spotless.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 4:08 pm
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Originally Posted by bmibaby737

Not going down the politics/social side of it and will stay on topic, but BA aren't being capitalistic about aircraft cleaning. Capitalism or Communism it probably wouldn't change how BA clean their aircraft.

Obviously they feel they can get away with it so just vote with your wallet. Emirates and Qatars planes are spotless.
Actually its not just voting with your wallet, Corbyn (Labour) has already committed to doing away with Zero hour contracts.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by icegirl
Actually its not just voting with your wallet, Corbyn (Labour) has already committed to doing away with Zero hour contracts.
Well that's fine, but I doubt that will have very little affect on how clean BA's planes are. The cleaners will still have an certain amount of time to clean an allocated area of space.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.