Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Can curtain-induced seat shifting happen after OLCI?

Old Jun 12, 2018, 12:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA (LTG), Miles&More (whatever the lowest level is), Oyster card (zones 1-2)

How soon before departure does BA lock down the position of the curtain between ET and CE? Currently for a flight next week I'm sitting in the second exit row (row 12) with the seatmap showing CE up to row 9. If I get to OLCI at T -24 and I can still select the seat does that mean I'm 'safe', or could BA extend CE and move the curtain (bumping me back) even after that?
Old Jun 12, 2018, 2:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Hilton Diamond;a miscellany of other hotel non-statuses
I think I've seen it move after OLCI started, given that I was then unable to change to a preferred seat easily (so was checked in).

I usually aim for front of cabin, and so go for 2nd row of ET to allow for a minor move. Also check in but not get BP to allow further moves. But I don't think they'll move curtain back three rows in final days so expect you'll be OK.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.