Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Mistake fare LHR - TLV [Tickets now cancelled by BA]

Mistake fare LHR - TLV [Tickets now cancelled by BA]

Old Jul 2, 2018, 3:25 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by ajbrowc
Still no refund as of this morning so I called Omega Travel. They processed the refund on the phone and made a new booking using the £100 voucher. After the voucher I got a return ticket to Istanbul for £6. Can't help but feel the jokes on BA on this one.
Perfect - you can go there, have a kebab - all for under a tenner.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 3:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Woodbinerich
There is no "voucher" as such. You have to contact Omega for the details (I say this in case it changed, and I don't want you to rely on this post), but essentially what they said to me was;

1. Book any BA operated flight, originating in London on 125 ticket stock.
2. When it comes to payment, put a false security number so that the transaction fails
3. Apparently the booking will still be created
4. Then you need to phone in to Omega, they will apply the discount and take payment over the phone, issue the ticket.

I haven't got around to actually doing any of the above. I would be interested if anyone has done so.

Thanks Rich
Thanks for this. I followed the process you posted and did my declined booking earlier today. As you say just enter the wrong 3/4 digit security code for your card on the booking so it gets declined. You won't get any reference number to quote, but your booking attempt should show as "Card Declined". I then called omega, mentioned the original TLV booking & booking reference, and the £100 voucher. The agent said I needed to create a declined booking which I mentioned I had done and after checking he could see it.

As I had already put all me details in for the declined booking he didn't need to take them again.

He then subtracted the £100 from the amount quoted and sent me an email whilst I was on the phone with the requoted amount and a link to click on to make payment. I submitted the payment and he then checked it from his end. He said the ticket and email confirmation would follow in around 2/3 hours - it actually arrived 10 minutes after the end of the call. Checked on BA.com and it all seems ok.

Overall not as painful as I expected, but clearly more hassle than simply having a voucher code. For reference I got my refund on my card about 6 days after I originally called.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
After 2 emails to Omega without replies, I ried to phone them. Contrary to the day when every flight was cancelled, I had a hard time getting someone to talk to. After many calls ( actually 12 attempts) with 2 busy line signals, 3 disconnects before anyone answered, and 7 disconnects after giving my name and Omega booking reference and/or BA booking reference, I called Amex to request a charge-back. No need for any documentation, they thought this was the correct step to take, especially since the time limit when re-imbursement should have been cleared was promised 3-5 working days, and 14 already passed.

The voucher problem was of course nothing to discuss with Amex, but they promised to let Omega know I waited for re-imbursement, and if not cleared fast enough, they could cut Omega out from using Amex in the future. In the mean time I called BA GGL, not for the money, as that definitely was on Omegas business, neither for the voucher, as BA had informed TAs to offer this compensation to pax with cancelled flights. Instead, I wanted to say how the whole situation was tarnishing the BA brand, as some of the TAs neither paid back nor sent any vouchers. I have never done business with Omega before,and do not see them as a future partner in my travel, but did not plan to jump the BA ship for this incident.

3 hours later Amex called and said they now had the correct amount credited to my account. The next morning an email response from BA with a personal voucher, with original ticket # as reference, valid for 12 months, with no restrictions on needing to book before end of use, fully usable on ba.com website, thus no need to do business with Omega again. They made this as some sort of exception, but did not elaborate if done to others as well.

So, now I'm ready for new adventures. TLV or anything else exciting in the pipeline? A happy-end mini-Do for BAFTers with cancelled flights?
flyuk likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 8:26 am

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
Sounds like that's what I will be doing if Netflights don't reply... Go to BA directly.
onobond likes this.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 3:41 am

I complained to BA before getting the Omega refund and voucher (which I did eventually, both) and received a BA voucher too! Turned out pretty well
Old Jul 3, 2018, 3:59 am

I had a grumble last night, and BA customer services coughed up a voucher this morning...
Old Jul 3, 2018, 4:08 am

which dept in BA did you complain to? My agent is trying everything she can to not issue me the discount. Literally every flight that I ask her to book - she tells me 'oh those are just advertised fares, when I came to book it the price went up by £1000 because you are such a large group'. Funny that keeps happening! crystal travel clearly can't be bothered and are waiting for the vouchers to expire. Absolute liars.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 4:56 am

I phoned the GGL line, but I honestly don't think it matters too much as the relevant department is customer services. I would phone in, explain the issues you are having (agent changing the price, numerous phone calls etc - pick what is relevant to your case), state that in light of this can BA rectify this situation directly and whether customer services (if you are not speaking to them) can issue a voucher directly. They have clearly issued a few now, and I hope this approach should yield a voucher it is easier to redeem (and with a longer expiry on it - they seem to issuing a one year voucher).
Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:11 am

thanks!
I just sent an email to BA, I really don't want to deal with this agent ever again. I think they are trying everything they can to get out of it, as they have to initially fund the discount. They also have promised all 10 tickets would be cancelled as 8 were cancelled by BA because of the mistaken fare. I have just logged in to see two tickets are still active (paid at full price). We don't want to travel separately so they said they'll cancel all 10 tickets, but clearly they haven't and still waiting for refunds. The lies continue.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:20 am

Good. Your situation is a little more complicated than I realised.
I'm sure you are aware of this,but from what you described you need
  • BA to cancel the remaining two fares
  • BA to issue a goodwill voucher/s
  • BA won't be able to help with any refunds for money paid to the travel agent, so the TA will need to do this.
See how you get on with the email, but you may need to go to a phone call. You are likely to get a quicker response as well.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:35 am

Yes that is correct. I'll try calling BA a bit later. I have a case reference when I sent the complaint to them, so it may be easier to give that over the phone as they can see screenshots of all the emails etc.

I've logged in a dispute with Amex now for the charges, as I've paid out for the other tickets who were going to pay me back, and now I have £3200 that I would have had to fund because I am still waiting for the refund to come though God knows when!
Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
This get weirder.

Phoned Omega who had sent me an email saying I'd get a refund in 3 - 5 days. They said they hadn't actioned a refund as they were holding the money in case I wanted to rebook via them.

Called BA Gold Line who said there would be no voucher, as it wasn't a downgrade.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:59 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Vgravity
This get weirder.

Phoned Omega who had sent me an email saying I'd get a refund in 3 - 5 days. They said they hadn't actioned a refund as they were holding the money in case I wanted to rebook via them.

Called BA Gold Line who said there would be no voucher, as it wasn't a downgrade.
see my post 512 which has a report of my experience with omega. they should refund regardless of what you want to do. the £100 is clear in the letter BA sent to the affected TAs as well, see this copy (already posted upthread as well);

Old Jul 3, 2018, 6:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
see my post 512 which has a report of my experience with omega. they should refund regardless of what you want to do. the £100 is clear in the letter BA sent to the affected TAs as well, see this copy (already posted upthread as well);

Thanks. Eventually got an email from Omega saying if I call them they will do a £100 discount from BA. Plus an extra £25 discount from them.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 6:43 am

I think that's the sum of it. Two options for the voucher:
  • £125 in total if you re-book with Omega this month
  • £100 from BA with a longer expiry, but mixed reports on getting that agreed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.