Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Mistake fare LHR - TLV [Tickets now cancelled by BA]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mistake fare LHR - TLV [Tickets now cancelled by BA]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2018, 9:58 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Lets be honest, BA will do anything to save some pounds regardless what we say or think. This is a strategy the last few years. When did BA honoured a 'error' fare in the last 5 years or so? BA does not really care about its reputation. Yes its a race to the bottom but as long as their planes are pretty full and profitable they dont give a s**t about the reputation or feedback. Thats the sad reality.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 10:02 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ermis177
When did BA honoured a 'error' fare in the last 5 years or so?
Viking was honoured.
Clareym66 and AAtticus like this.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 10:13 am

Originally Posted by flyuk
Probably a good idea. I hit BAEC Gold in a couple of weeks, my opinion might have a bit more weight then
Good sense of humour, I must say
ermis177 likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 10:51 am

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
Originally Posted by simons1
Good sense of humour, I must say
Well, we do generate revenue for the airline... Well, When we're not booking mistake fares, anyway.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Woodbinerich

Should we all leave giving any feedback to the company on the basis there’s no point and just discuss things on here instead?
You make an interesting point.

Some things - we are assured by the man at the helm - really do get changed as a direct result of customer feedback*.

The standout example that I can think of in recent times is the switch from complimentary food & drink on all ET sectors to a BoB-style model.

(* “We have reached this point as a consequence of an increasing number of requests from our customers” .... AC told Business Traveller magazine, when introducing BoB)

Ldnn1 likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by subject2load

You make an interesting point.

Some things - we are assured by the man at the helm - really do get changed as a direct result of customer feedback*.

The standout example that I can think of in recent times is the switch from complimentary food & drink on all ET sectors to a BoB-style model.

(* “We have reached this point as a consequence of an increasing number of requests from our customers” .... AC told Business Traveller magazine, when introducing BoB)

I give up

I don't feel that strongly about this topic to argue against the cynicism/realism/despair * here....

* delete as applicable
flyuk likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
Viking was honoured.
Tequila was... for a few of us quick enough to get out there before they could say ¡ay caramba!
Old Jun 28, 2018, 12:58 pm

Well, we do generate revenue for the airline...
So do most travellers, gold or not.....
Old Jun 28, 2018, 7:41 pm

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
Originally Posted by simons1
So do most travellers, gold or not.....
Yes. But there is literally a score that sets the financial value to the company of each customer, with status holders afforded an automatically higher one.

Furthermore, airline loyalty is what creates forums like these, and feedback from frequent flyers *is* listened to, irrespective of what the bucket load of ingrained cynicism on here leads you to believe.

Finally, money is made on the front of the aircraft, not the back, that's common knowledge. Getting status on Y flying, although possible, will only happen when you spend a lot. We are the small percentage that optimise £/TP, but even so, I've spent a fair proportion of my income on BA to get gold.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I think the discussion on whether complaints will have an effect or not is frankly moot, like err... most discussion on whether any complaint to ba will have an effect or not.

by and large, their customers relations model is wholly useless and most complaints have little effects so if you are going to care about the fact it probably will lead to a copy and paste response don’t.

If what you want is to register your displeasure, however, do. Complaints are registered and the question of which are recurrent is reported upon so it is actually correct to say that if even a few dozens of people complain about something it will be noted as a recurrent complaint that month or whatever.

Whether anyone will do anything about it or not is entirely unpredictable. It largely depends on whether someone within the organisation wants to fight that particular battle. It’s impossible for any of us to know (and in my view, assuming it will happen and assuming it won’t happen rely on the same excessive belief in BA acting as a unitary actor as opposed to being an organisation which like all companies of that size is deeply divided between people with different preferences) but then complaining will only have taken you 5 minutes.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 12:24 am

Yes. But there is literally a score that sets the financial value to the company of each customer, with status holders afforded an automatically higher one.

Furthermore, airline loyalty is what creates forums like these, and feedback from frequent flyers *is* listened to, irrespective of what the bucket load of ingrained cynicism on here leads you to believe.

Finally, money is made on the front of the aircraft, not the back, that's common knowledge. Getting status on Y flying, although possible, will only happen when you spend a lot. We are the small percentage that optimise £/TP, but even so, I've spent a fair proportion of my income on BA to get gold.
My point is that there are plenty of people that generate good margin for BA. The once a year vacation traveller that pays a J fare but never gets to Gold, VIP travellers who have no need for 'status', someone who books a last minute flight at high price etc.

And on the other extreme as we know it's quite possible to get to Gold for a couple of grand if you plan it right. And quite possible to get to Gold without ever setting foot in a BA plane.

Of course BA listens to the views of frequent travellers, and no disrespect intended, but I think the notion that someone in Waterside Towers might be about to straighten up in their seat and attach more weight to your opinion on a cancelled mistake fare because you have made it from silver to gold is a touch fanciful.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 12:27 am

I'd hardly call it fanciful. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 1:22 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
So for those who threatened legal action, have any of you actioned it?

M
Old Jul 1, 2018, 7:03 am

Still no reply to my query by Netflights, they're ignoring my emails, tweets and the queries sent on their help system.

Nice that I can only use the voucher through them.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 3:14 am

Programs: BA Gold; Marriott Plat
Still no refund as of this morning so I called Omega Travel. They processed the refund on the phone and made a new booking using the £100 voucher. After the voucher I got a return ticket to Istanbul for £6. Can't help but feel the jokes on BA on this one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.