Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Mistake fare LHR - TLV [Tickets now cancelled by BA]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mistake fare LHR - TLV [Tickets now cancelled by BA]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2018, 7:54 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by simons1
A flight in a tardis perhaps
good point! Lol. I made a mistake - can I cancel my post?
orbitmic and Ned1968 like this.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: BA GGL, CR
Originally Posted by Deltus
How would you litigate though? Pay for a new B-class ticket for the same flights and MCOL for the ticket price? Seems quite high-risk...
doesnt need to be a B class ticket. Just book in the cheapest ticket for the flight you were on and sue them for the difference.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 8:15 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Hopefully, BA will lose further market shares to both TLV and DXB over their stretching of the notion of "manifest" error.
Re: DXB sadly we lost the 2 x daily QF A380's and now BI have announced they are dropping the DXB stop on their BWN flights, so I can only see BA gaining market share and increasing price (note - slightly negated by 1 new STN flight on EK).

I'd never comment on the TLV as it's a very unique route / destination!

But the point I wanted to make listening the Radio 2 section is that apparently BA are now in discussions with people who bought non-cancellable hotels etc, so this may well be a small shift in position.

Also, the above quoted correspondence from BA talked about only cancelling flights from next Wednesday. I presume flights were booked for departures prior to next week, and BA has made the decision not to cancel them. Because - I assume - far greater risk of this blowing up at them? People rocking up at airports etc?
Old Jun 21, 2018, 8:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
Old Jun 21, 2018, 8:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
Given the extent and the tone of the coverage on this, do BA regret not letting this one slide?
Old Jun 21, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Sounds like decision made by revenue management, who, in any company I've worked for, rarely consider customer service/recovery.

But, I'm sure it's been mentioned before, £187 is arguably not a mistake fare, so BA are on thin ice.

What would make a fare obviously a mistake fare?
Old Jun 21, 2018, 8:41 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Eskimoboy
It was on the Money Saving Expert bit of a show on BBC 5Live earlier in the week, someone had bought the flights, paid for a non refundable hotel and non refundable car hire and didn't know what to do now his flight was cancelled. The question was about whether BA would compensate him for that.

I can see why BA did cancel it but there will be people (like the man on the radio show) who probably booked in good faith and it's not necessarily a good luck. Alex Cruz has made a big deal about people searching on price alone and thus BA has to compete on it. It's a bit difficult if you're not sure if the price being offered is actually correct though :-)
to which the answer is surely for him to rebook with a LCC or maybe using his voucher? If it is all about the non refundables on a genuine trip, surely the loss of Avios or TPs is irrelevant?
Old Jun 21, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by ajbrowc
The "Flexible Ticket" doesn't wash I'm afraid, as my booking confirmation says:
but you can change the dates so it is flex
Old Jun 21, 2018, 9:32 am

Programs: BA Blue, IHG Spire, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bluemoon68

to which the answer is surely for him to rebook with a LCC or maybe using his voucher? If it is all about the non refundables on a genuine trip, surely the loss of Avios or TPs is irrelevant?
At that time the news about the £100 voucher was only just breaking on here and no mention of it on the radio, I imagine he was a bit happier once the news of that filtered through to him (assuming his travel agent let him know anyway!)
Old Jun 21, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: BA Gold
VS is right in there:

Old Jun 21, 2018, 11:20 am

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
I was waiting for that.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by Eskimoboy
At that time the news about the £100 voucher was only just breaking on here and no mention of it on the radio, I imagine he was a bit happier once the news of that filtered through to him (assuming his travel agent let him know anyway!)

My OTA hasnt even told me if/that my tickets are cancelled!!!
Old Jun 21, 2018, 11:51 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
Excellent, you really can't blame them. I'd have been all over this if I'd been working for one of BA's competitors.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 11:57 am

Just to come back to the legal standard here. In layman's terms the passenger "must have known" that BA made an error.

Given Wizz's offer, I do not see how BA can meet that standard.

​​​​​​​
Old Jun 21, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: BA Silver AA Lifetime Gold
VS is right in there:

https://twitter.com/VirginAtlantic/status/1009809030125096962
Was just going to share something similar from them on Instasham.

Oh how I want them to have a mega mistake fare.........

Spike

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.