Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Mistake fare LHR - TLV [Tickets now cancelled by BA]

Mistake fare LHR - TLV [Tickets now cancelled by BA]

Old Jun 21, 2018, 1:08 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
So you are suggesting that you saw a thread titled "Mistake fare LHR - TLV" , based on which you booked a ticket LHR-TLV and do not think that it was an error?
the thread title had a question mark when it first started and clearly in the first few posts there was some uncertainty about whether it was a mistake fare or a well priced sale fare.

additionally the test isn’t “did I have a reason” it’s what I posted above - did I know or ought to have known it was a mistake.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 1:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by KARFA

the thread title had a question mark when it first started and clearly in the first few posts there was some uncertainty about whether it was a mistake fare or a well priced sale fare.

additionally the test isn’t “did I have a reason” it’s what I posted above - did I know or ought to have known it was a mistake.
The 1st post queried "Is this a mistake "
at Jun 12, 18, 9:17 am it was stated These fares book into 'B' inventory!
At Jun 12, 18, 9:37 am, you stated "I have been persuaded to book"

yet you suggest that you have no good reason to believe that that price was a mistake for a B class fare?
Old Jun 21, 2018, 1:21 am

the fact it was cheap is not relevant, neither is the fact I booked because it was a very atttactive fare despite not previously having plans to book to TLV, that’s not the test as I noted above.Sure I booked because it was cheap and of course I didn’t have an intention of going to TLV before someone highlighted the fare. The test is did I know or ought to have known the time of booking that there was an error on the part of BA - well in my case no. I didn’t know the selling class and it was comparable to other carriers’ fares to TLV.
Sorry but those facts patently are relevant. They are very relevant to the question of whether you knew, or believed, or ought to have known, that it was a mistake.

The fact you didn’t know the selling class is also relevant, but by no means conclusive either way.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
The 1st post queried "Is this a mistake "
at Jun 12, 18, 9:17 am it was stated These fares book into 'B' inventory!
At Jun 12, 18, 9:37 am, you stated "I have been persuaded to book"

yet you suggest that you have no good reason to believe that that price was a mistake for a B class fare?
again the test isn’t “I had no good reason” and again I didn’t know what the fare class was when I booked.

You are assuming I had read the thread before I booked as well which I hadn’t. I had seen the title but not opened it, I was persuaded by someone else through a different channel to book as this was a cheap fare. The timing of my booking email was 0032 on 12 June so not sure how that ties in with your timings.

I am clear in on what I believed when I booked even if you are struggling to believe it
Old Jun 21, 2018, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by Ldnn1
Sorry but those facts patently are relevant. They are very relevant to the question of whether you knew, or believed, or ought to have known, that it was a mistake.

The fact you didn’t know the selling class is also relevant, but by no means conclusive either way.
ok let me clarify, the fact it was cheap on its own is not sufficient which is almost what was being suggested, especially when it was in line with other fares on that route from other carriers. This was no £350 J fare from OSL-US which I would agree was obviously an error.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 2:00 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

I never booked the TLV flight but I don't believe KARFA when he states he didn't know it was a mistake fare.

He knew all about this one below and he had no hesitation in purchasing it knowing full well it was a mistake!

YET ANOTHER Bratwurst mistake price!!!!!
Old Jun 21, 2018, 2:02 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, SkyMiles Gold, Mucci deux fois
Just a straw poll...
Had BA come along and said Ok, we’ll honour these tickets, but you have to accept the bucket was an obvious error, so you relinquish the error TPs and Avios, would there have been as much outrage and indignation, or is this, as some are intimating, actually about thinking you’d got something for nearly nothing and now you’ve got, well, nothing?

Seems to me it’s cool when the customer pulls a fast one at the company's expense, but the company’s the devil when they’re perceived to pull a fast one back, whether that’s what they’re doing or not...

That said, one wonders whether fare loading is a suitable placement for Apprentices... wouldn’t FT be mundane without them.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 2:13 am

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
I'd happily have the flights on the lowest economy bucket instead of an awful £100 voucher.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by PrimaVista
Just a straw poll...
Had BA come along and said Ok, we’ll honour these tickets, but you have to accept the bucket was an obvious error, so you relinquish the error TPs and Avios, would there have been as much outrage and indignation, or is this, as some are intimating, actually about thinking you’d got something for nearly nothing and now you’ve got, well, nothing?

Seems to me it’s cool when the customer pulls a fast one at the company's expense, but the company’s the devil when they’re perceived to pull a fast one back, whether that’s what they’re doing or not...

That said, one wonders whether fare loading is a suitable placement for Apprentices... wouldn’t FT be mundane without them.
Imho that is exactly what BA should have done and as much as there might have been some disgruntled passengers, I think on the whole people would think that fair. What happened here is.
1. Ba cancelled a whole 5days later
2. When I called on Friday the BA rep had no idea that they were actually cancelled, he told me that it was an it problem of the pnr not corresponding to the tickets, the tickets still being there.
3. I think the vouchers and the way the vouchers are/were being handled is the last straw. Making anyone almost go through hoops to be able to use them.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 2:18 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Why can’t BA just say sorry we messed up, we will honour all tickets?

it really won’t bankrupt the airline !
Old Jun 21, 2018, 2:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

again the test isn’t “I had no good reason” and again I didn’t know what the fare class was when I booked.

You are assuming I had read the thread before I booked as well which I hadn’t. I had seen the title but not opened it, I was persuaded by someone else through a different channel to book as this was a cheap fare. The timing of my booking email was 0032 on 12 June so not sure how that ties in with your timings.

I am clear in on what I believed when I booked even if you are struggling to believe it
The times posted at 9 hours ahead of the UK and the details of booking class were in the thread at 00:17

I find it very hard to believe that you had no thought that it was an error
Old Jun 21, 2018, 2:33 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by PETER01
I never booked the TLV flight but I don't believe KARFA when he states he didn't know it was a mistake fare.

He knew all about this one below and he had no hesitation in purchasing it knowing full well it was a mistake!

YET ANOTHER Bratwurst mistake price!!!!!
I’m confused as to whether there is a mistake in your comment. Did you mean do or don’t? What you wrote suggests you mean you do believe him but you actually wrote don’t.

If KARFA says he was not aware that this was a mistake fare then I for one will take his word for it. I’ve certainly argued the case with other error fares, including the one around late last year to South America which was clearly more obvious.

However, how does this fare differ from the TLL fare in J that was not a mistake or the GIB fare for £70 in Y. Both of these were/are great deals and not a mistake.

The real issue here, as far as I can see is not the fare but the booking class, and this was clearly not shown whilst booking. Therefore nobody would have known this until they had booked, and therefore would assume they were just getting a really good fare.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 2:34 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond

You posted to this thread at 11.47pm on June 11th! Yet you claim you had not read or opened the thread before booking

Also some more recent comments on Omega here Booking through Omega Flight Store
I feel sorry for someone who genuinely just came across the fare and booked it. Those who booked after reading a "mistake fare" thread on Flyertalk (or elsewhere) should just accept they tried and failed, and move on.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 2:41 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
The people I feel sorry for are those who booked this fare in good faith believing it to be a genuine fare and who are now, in some cases substantially, out of pocket for other expenses such as hotels, transfers etc. There will be a lot of people who now need to book replacement flights and might not be able to get them as cheaply with alternative carriers as they would have done when they booked these fares.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 2:42 am

Programs: Newbie BA Gold
Why are you guys so pedantic? Who cares what time people posted things, do you win the internet if you are right?
cosmo74 and GlasgowCyclops like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.