Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Mistake fare LHR - TLV [Tickets now cancelled by BA]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mistake fare LHR - TLV [Tickets now cancelled by BA]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2018, 4:00 pm

Programs: BA
Yes, has to be booked with the same OTA and the discount is per passenger and is applied per passenger, so if you say had a family of 4 your get 4 x £100 vouchers, but each one can only be applied against a new ticket, so you can't use the £400 for yourself to escape the family !
KARFA likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2018, 4:01 pm

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
This (the idea of the voucher through the OTA) is contradictory to what the BA GGL line told me and also my OTA (Omega) on the phone.

Also the email Omega sent me about the glitch said

British Airways is also providing a voucher of 100 GBP per passenger as a compensation you will receive in 3- 5 working days which you can utilise directly with the airlines.
Which OTA did you use? Thanks
Old Jun 18, 2018, 4:08 pm

Unless they are telling different OTA customers different things

Voucher details

1. Can only be used by affected customers, discount is not transferrable and has no cash value

2. Bookings to be made via the original travel agent. Discount is not available via BA directly or via another agent.

3. New booking must be made by 31 July 2018 for travel by 30 June 2019

4. £100 per customer to be used against a future booking on BA services
Old Jun 18, 2018, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by Woodbinerich

Interesting , would be good to see an update on this on if they get any issues either at the airport or the return flight.
Thanks!
Update. No issues at the airport and have arrived safe and sound. Return is next week but I doubt BA will leave them high and dry if they cancel.

On another note. I booked 8 tickets with a Ota called World Travel and they are adamant that the tickets will be honored. They claim that they have liaised with Ba and all the tickets will be reissued. I find that very very hard to believe. (Meanwhile they are cancelled with the same manifest fare error)
Old Jun 18, 2018, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by mobbo
Yes, has to be booked with the same OTA and the discount is per passenger and is applied per passenger, so if you say had a family of 4 your get 4 x £100 vouchers, but each one can only be applied against a new ticket, so you can't use the £400 for yourself to escape the family !

Can vouchers with BA be stacked?

(I know these weren't BA vouchers but my question is in general)

Last edited by shayele; Jun 18, 2018 at 4:24 pm Reason: Mistake
Old Jun 18, 2018, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Surprisingly, Omega has sent different explanatory e-mails. Over the phone I was told that "due to the glitch caused by BA, they are giving every affected passenger a voucher worth £100". In my e-mail, considerably shorter than quoted by @Woodbinerich, it just says " Airline will also provide £100 voucher per person as compensation"

None of these statements implies other than what many others also understood, a voucher/code from BA to be used for future travel. As 'First impression lasts', my experience with Omega does not entice me to continue our short relationship
Old Jun 18, 2018, 10:54 pm

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
Originally Posted by shayele
Update. No issues at the airport and have arrived safe and sound. Return is next week but I doubt BA will leave them high and dry if they cancel.

On another note. I booked 8 tickets with a Ota called World Travel and they are adamant that the tickets will be honored. They claim that they have liaised with Ba and all the tickets will be reissued. I find that very very hard to believe. (Meanwhile they are cancelled with the same manifest fare error)
Sounds like all the OTAs and BA have different stories and ideas about what is going to happen. It'll be interesting to see if your tickets do get reissued. I suspect that if they are, this whole clusterf will just get worse for BA.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 1:38 am

I don't understand, instead of offering (some passengers) a voucher, why don't ba give everyone a option of transferring their flight to the basic fare. That way they would make their money back from suitcase sales. I would be happy with that. (I only need 1 or 2 suitcases for the family)
Old Jun 19, 2018, 1:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by sunnyuk
I don't understand, instead of offering (some passengers) a voucher, why don't ba give everyone a option of transferring their flight to the basic fare. That way they would make their money back from suitcase sales. I would be happy with that. (I only need 1 or 2 suitcases for the family)
With the refund the person can rebook at such a fare and get a GBP100 discount using the voucher - seems even better for the person
Old Jun 19, 2018, 2:01 am

Vouchers are generally pretty cheap forms of compensation as the redeem rate is often surprisingly low.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 2:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold/GGL, IHG Diamond AMB
Just had a few mins between meetings and called Omega - straight through and super helpful, think I would use the guys again if I needed a TA. Not sure what the last paragraph means though!

Here's the email...

Dear Valued Customer,

This email is in regards with your Booking Reference Number- <redacted>, We are very sorry to inform you but your booking got cancelled by British Airways due to their system glitch (Manifest Fare Loading Error).

As your booking agent we asked airline for alternate flight / reshedule options however British Airways denied and instructed us that they have cancelled and processed full refund of total amount paid by customer . We sincerely apologies for this unusual error from British Airways. Airline will also provide £100 voucher per person as compensation. Please note we will process your refund today only, however it might be possible that the amount will reflect in your account or card in 03 to 05 business days. You will receive £100 voucher with refund amount only.

Also as we are your booking agent , we want to help you with new booking however it will be as per today's availability of seats and fares. We will adjust the full refund amount with your new booking with us and waive off the new booking admin fee as one time gesture of goodwill .

Kindly acknowledge this email by replying to us.

Thank you for your understanding & patience.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 2:12 am

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
Understanding? hehehe...
Old Jun 19, 2018, 2:38 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by our_kid
Just had a few mins between meetings and called Omega - straight through and super helpful, think I would use the guys again if I needed a TA. Not sure what the last paragraph means though!

Here's the email...

Dear Valued Customer,

This email is in regards with your Booking Reference Number- <redacted>, We are very sorry to inform you but your booking got cancelled by British Airways due to their system glitch (Manifest Fare Loading Error).

As your booking agent we asked airline for alternate flight / reshedule options however British Airways denied and instructed us that they have cancelled and processed full refund of total amount paid by customer . We sincerely apologies for this unusual error from British Airways. Airline will also provide £100 voucher per person as compensation. Please note we will process your refund today only, however it might be possible that the amount will reflect in your account or card in 03 to 05 business days. You will receive £100 voucher with refund amount only.

Also as we are your booking agent , we want to help you with new booking however it will be as per today's availability of seats and fares. We will adjust the full refund amount with your new booking with us and waive off the new booking admin fee as one time gesture of goodwill .

Kindly acknowledge this email by replying to us.

Thank you for your understanding & patience.
Is this a cut and paste of the actual email? If so, the person who wrote it needs sacking. Immediately.
flyuk likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 2:42 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by KARFA
Rather than focusing on someone to blame (TA/IATA/airline) it is clear that refunds shouldn't be taking as long as noted by onobond - unless of course the airline concerned has cash flow issues and would prefer to hang on to it as long as possible
I agree 100% with that - it's explaining that TA's are expected to refund immediately when they don't have the money, the airline do. And I know TA's can be reluctant to refund until they have the money back from the airline as frequently they have to dispute ADM's or refund amounts. If you book directly with the airline, and they are being slow with refunds it's because a) they have a shoddy or understaffed accounting dept, or they are using it as cashflow, which is worrying.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 2:52 am

This is exactly the same email as I received I hope it's not a template and that we just had the same person write the mail!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.