Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Mistake fare LHR - TLV [Tickets now cancelled by BA]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mistake fare LHR - TLV [Tickets now cancelled by BA]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2018, 6:52 am

It is £100 per person
Old Jun 16, 2018, 6:59 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
I'd rather have 140TPs and a trip to TLV...
Old Jun 16, 2018, 7:13 am

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
Originally Posted by secretplantofightinflation
Why is it that airlines get a free pass to not own their mistakes? Genuine question.
I wonder this too. The OTAs seem to have cast iron ways out of their respective contracts too. The Netflights one categorically states that if you want to cancel you'll be penalised, yet if they want to cancel it's just tough luck.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
So just to give another update, I was just proactively called by Omega, which was earlier than expected.
They say a full refund will be processed by the OTA and a voucher will be sent directly by the airline in between three and five working days.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by Deltus
I'd rather have 140TPs and a trip to TLV...
Me too ...

Noticing the reservation was gone from my MMB, I called GGL to inquire about what happened. Was told that Omega had cancelled the flights yesterday, but contrary to BA SOP, not given any reason for cancellation. I was recommended to call Omega, which I did. Call answered in less tan 1min (!). The agent said flights were cancelled by BA due to a "booking glitch". I was told to have fare back and a BA voucher of £100. No further elaboration, but repeating the same info when I told her about contradictory response from BA.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 2:03 pm

My bookings have dissapeared. No word from Omega or BA. Spoke to both on Fri they seemed as baffled as I was. Well probably even more tbh.

My bookings are going to give BA a real headache as they have now left my three kids booked separately on Avios points alone on a flght.

I booked with Amex Ba Plat and they said its £200 for airline cancellation. I think its per booking vs per Pax
Old Jun 16, 2018, 2:06 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by shayele
My bookings are going to give BA a real headache as they have now left my three kids booked separately on Avios points alone on a flght.
well presumably you'll either rebook for yourself (cash or avios) and travel, or not take the trip and cancel their tickets?
Old Jun 16, 2018, 3:15 pm

Yes. But cancelling will incur the cancellation costs. Unless BA waive them.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 3:22 pm

Yes. But cancelling will incur the cancellation costs. Unless BA waive them.
I don’t know which office or line you call, and this might make a difference, but my sense is they will probably want to help here.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by Woodbinerich

I don’t know which office or line you call, and this might make a difference, but my sense is they will probably want to help here.
Im a silver member so that the line I call. Time will tell.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by sxc
11 pages of excitement over an economy fare??
You need to change your FT display settings...
Old Jun 16, 2018, 11:18 pm

Im a silver member so that the line I call. Time will tell.
Just to expand on the point (I was rushing through the airport whilst typing yesterday), I think generally airlines will not take responsibility for consequential losses arising from mistake fares. But in this case, we are taking about related admin/penalty costs which the airline itself is charging and as long as you get someone with a bit of authority and who has some information/access to info about the TLV situation, I think they will waive the charges.
shayele likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by Woodbinerich
Just to expand on the point (I was rushing through the airport whilst typing yesterday), I think generally airlines will not take responsibility for consequential losses arising from mistake fares. But in this case, we are taking about related admin/penalty costs which the airline itself is charging and as long as you get someone with a bit of authority and who has some information/access to info about the TLV situation, I think they will waive the charges.

Thanks!
Old Jun 17, 2018, 12:36 pm

Just an interesting side note. A close family member that booked with this offer/mistake for tomorrow has now checked in. Their ticket seems to be fine. I guess Ba didnt want to upset the apple cart to much.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 1:01 pm

Just an interesting side note. A close family member that booked with this offer/mistake for tomorrow has now checked in. Their ticket seems to be fine. I guess Ba didnt want to upset the apple cart to much.
Interesting , would be good to see an update on this on if they get any issues either at the airport or the return flight.
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.