Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Mistake fare LHR - TLV [Tickets now cancelled by BA]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mistake fare LHR - TLV [Tickets now cancelled by BA]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2018, 10:57 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by KARFA
absolutely no code received, and no email with any information on how to use the £100 voucher. Tbh I am relying on the information kindly provided by Woodbinerich upthread. I don't hold out too much hope of success though based on my dealings with them so far on the phone.
I am aware of friends getting good service from Omega, but only on the Mandarin speaking Customer Service lines. They do have physical retail stores in a few locations in the UK so that might be an option for some.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 11:09 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
I received a PDF from Netflights a few days ago with a unique code for me to use for my £100 off, can only be done on the phone via Netflights so no use at all on the BA website.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 11:16 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by plunet
I am aware of friends getting good service from Omega, but only on the Mandarin speaking Customer Service lines. They do have physical retail stores in a few locations in the UK so that might be an option for some.
I'm not claiming it's been the best customer experience of my life or entirely leaping to their defence, but the agents I have spoken to at Omega have been ok.
They've followed up on what they said and I think, at least at the beginning, were lacking support or information from the airline. They have been, I think. helpful and reasonably conscientious.
I actually really feel that BA have thrown them (and the customers) under a bus here and I find it slightly surprising. Not for any other reason than it seems short sighted and bad business.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I'm becoming really tired of BA's incapacity to provide clear guidelines to travel agents or passengers.

I've now received an email from World Airfares giving me a choice between
Option 1 – Full refundA full refund will be processed to the same card the purchase was made, processed within 72 hours.Option 2 – Full refund and £100 British Airways future travel voucherFull refund processed as above, and a £100 British Airways voucher issued with the following conditions:1.Can only be used by affected customers, discount is not transferrable and has no cash value2.Bookings to be made via the original travel agent. If a customer wants to book directly with BA.com, they can call the contact centre. 3.New booking must be made by 31 July 2018 for travel by 30 June 20194.£100 per customer to be used against a future booking on BA services
I chose option 2 (obviously) but then contacted them to ask how I can book directly on ba.com... to be told that I can't.

I got an explanation on how to use the voucher with them (by calling their sales office) but when I asked if the refund has been processed, I was told that the original booking amount will be used towards the new booking. I asked what happens if my new booking is less than the original booking+voucher and they did not have an answer.

The guy seemed surprised that I did not want to rebook my TLV flight. As it happens, as I am not a complete cretin and my trip is in August for which prices increase very fast, I did not wait for them to figure out what on earth they were doing to rebook and cut my losses instead.

It would be easy to blame the TAs, but clearly they have received no clear instruction from BA since all of them are confused. As always where BA's back office is involved, it is a case of gross incompetence and complete carelessness. Tiresome.
yas212 likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
Originally Posted by bhbloke
I received a PDF from Netflights a few days ago with a unique code for me to use for my £100 off, can only be done on the phone via Netflights so no use at all on the BA website.
Unique? I'm pretty sure it's the same as mine... Hehe
Old Jun 27, 2018, 9:19 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by orbitmic
I got an explanation on how to use the voucher with them (by calling their sales office) but when I asked if the refund has been processed, I was told that the original booking amount will be used towards the new booking. I asked what happens if my new booking is less than the original booking+voucher and they did not have an answer.

The guy seemed surprised that I did not want to rebook my TLV flight. As it happens, as I am not a complete cretin and my trip is in August for which prices increase very fast, I did not wait for them to figure out what on earth they were doing to rebook and cut my losses instead.
to be fair there is nothing in the guidance BA sent to the TAs (as posted earlier in the thread), that the refund can only be done as a credit for future bookings so I think either your TA has misunderstood what they are supposed to do (i.e. refund full amount to you) or are just trying to deliberately trying to pull a fast one on you. The simple fact is BA have said the bookings are cancelled and refunds are bing processed, and teh TA should refund you in full regardless of whether you want to book something else with them.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 10:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by KARFA
to be fair there is nothing in the guidance BA sent to the TAs (as posted earlier in the thread), that the refund can only be done as a credit for future bookings so I think either your TA has misunderstood what they are supposed to do (i.e. refund full amount to you) or are just trying to deliberately trying to pull a fast one on you. The simple fact is BA have said the bookings are cancelled and refunds are bing processed, and teh TA should refund you in full regardless of whether you want to book something else with them.
Absolutely true. However, it seems that all the TAs are confused with regards to how the vouchers can/should be used so it is unlikely that BA's communication is adequate.
Woodbinerich and KARFA like this.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 1:03 am

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
My Netflights refund is back, but communication with them is sporadic at best. I'm trying to get them to drop the £7 cost to call them to use the voucher. I am going to be calling from Japan, so the cost will be even more, and with their prices being 40% higher on SH, it seems a bit unfair that using the voucher will cost me £40 than booking directly with BA.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 1:05 am

Originally Posted by flyuk
My Netflights refund is back, but communication with them is sporadic at best. I'm trying to get them to drop the £7 cost to call them to use the voucher. I am going to be calling from Japan, so the cost will be even more, and with their prices being 40% higher on SH, it seems a bit unfair that using the voucher will cost me £40 than booking directly with BA.
I hesitate to say this , as genuinely don’t know whether it will register . But I think the more of us give feedback to BA about how unsatisfactory this has been handled the better.
orbitmic and flyuk like this.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 1:08 am

Probably a good idea. I hit BAEC Gold in a couple of weeks, my opinion might have a bit more weight then, so I'll drop them a letter then (one of those things with stamps on, paper and real ink).
Old Jun 28, 2018, 2:01 am

I hit BAEC Gold in a couple of weeks, my opinion might have a bit more weight then, so I'll drop them a letter then (one of those things with stamps on, paper and real ink).
It won't. Trust me
Old Jun 28, 2018, 2:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Unique? I'm pretty sure it's the same as mine... Hehe
I'll show you mine, if you show me yours

In all seriousness, mine has gone straight into the e-mail trash bin, I've no intention of using it. My refund has hit my CC, so it's a closed chapter for me.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by rossmacd
It won't. Trust me
i agree on only one, but are we really saying if 200 or 300 complaints are made to customer services it won’t even register? I’d be surprised.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 3:09 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Originally Posted by Woodbinerich

i agree on only one, but are we really saying if 200 or 300 complaints are made to customer services it won’t even register? I’d be surprised.
Wishful thinking. This needs to be in the tens of thousands of complaints to have any possibility of moving the needle.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 3:22 am

Originally Posted by V10
Wishful thinking. This needs to be in the tens of thousands of complaints to have any possibility of moving the needle.
Should we all leave giving any feedback to the company on the basis there’s no point and just discuss things on here instead?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.