Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Mistake fare LHR - TLV [Tickets now cancelled by BA]

Mistake fare LHR - TLV [Tickets now cancelled by BA]

Reply

Old Jun 21, 18, 1:08 am
  #361  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 25,253
Originally Posted by Dave Noble View Post
So you are suggesting that you saw a thread titled "Mistake fare LHR - TLV" , based on which you booked a ticket LHR-TLV and do not think that it was an error?
the thread title had a question mark when it first started and clearly in the first few posts there was some uncertainty about whether it was a mistake fare or a well priced sale fare.

additionally the test isnít ďdid I have a reasonĒ itís what I posted above - did I know or ought to have known it was a mistake.
KARFA is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 18, 1:18 am
  #362  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 39,005
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post


the thread title had a question mark when it first started and clearly in the first few posts there was some uncertainty about whether it was a mistake fare or a well priced sale fare.

additionally the test isnít ďdid I have a reasonĒ itís what I posted above - did I know or ought to have known it was a mistake.
The 1st post queried "Is this a mistake "
at Jun 12, 18, 9:17 am it was stated These fares book into 'B' inventory!
At Jun 12, 18, 9:37 am, you stated "I have been persuaded to book"

yet you suggest that you have no good reason to believe that that price was a mistake for a B class fare?
Dave Noble is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 18, 1:21 am
  #363  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 7,349
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
the fact it was cheap is not relevant, neither is the fact I booked because it was a very atttactive fare despite not previously having plans to book to TLV, thatís not the test as I noted above.Sure I booked because it was cheap and of course I didnít have an intention of going to TLV before someone highlighted the fare. The test is did I know or ought to have known the time of booking that there was an error on the part of BA - well in my case no. I didnít know the selling class and it was comparable to other carriersí fares to TLV.
Sorry but those facts patently are relevant. They are very relevant to the question of whether you knew, or believed, or ought to have known, that it was a mistake.

The fact you didnít know the selling class is also relevant, but by no means conclusive either way.
Ldnn1 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 18, 1:23 am
  #364  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 25,253
Originally Posted by Dave Noble View Post
The 1st post queried "Is this a mistake "
at Jun 12, 18, 9:17 am it was stated These fares book into 'B' inventory!
At Jun 12, 18, 9:37 am, you stated "I have been persuaded to book"

yet you suggest that you have no good reason to believe that that price was a mistake for a B class fare?
again the test isnít ďI had no good reasonĒ and again I didnít know what the fare class was when I booked.

You are assuming I had read the thread before I booked as well which I hadnít. I had seen the title but not opened it, I was persuaded by someone else through a different channel to book as this was a cheap fare. The timing of my booking email was 0032 on 12 June so not sure how that ties in with your timings.

I am clear in on what I believed when I booked even if you are struggling to believe it
KARFA is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 18, 1:25 am
  #365  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 25,253
Originally Posted by Ldnn1 View Post
Sorry but those facts patently are relevant. They are very relevant to the question of whether you knew, or believed, or ought to have known, that it was a mistake.

The fact you didnít know the selling class is also relevant, but by no means conclusive either way.
ok let me clarify, the fact it was cheap on its own is not sufficient which is almost what was being suggested, especially when it was in line with other fares on that route from other carriers. This was no £350 J fare from OSL-US which I would agree was obviously an error.
KARFA is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 18, 2:00 am
  #366  
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: UK
Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Posts: 8,153
I never booked the TLV flight but I don't believe KARFA when he states he didn't know it was a mistake fare.

He knew all about this one below and he had no hesitation in purchasing it knowing full well it was a mistake!

YET ANOTHER Bratwurst mistake price!!!!!
PETER01 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 18, 2:02 am
  #367  
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: BCN, Sitges, MAN
Programs: BAEC Gold, SkyMiles Gold, Mucci deux fois
Posts: 554
Just a straw poll...
Had BA come along and said Ok, weíll honour these tickets, but you have to accept the bucket was an obvious error, so you relinquish the error TPs and Avios, would there have been as much outrage and indignation, or is this, as some are intimating, actually about thinking youíd got something for nearly nothing and now youíve got, well, nothing?

Seems to me itís cool when the customer pulls a fast one at the company's expense, but the companyís the devil when theyíre perceived to pull a fast one back, whether thatís what theyíre doing or not...

That said, one wonders whether fare loading is a suitable placement for Apprentices... wouldnít FT be mundane without them.
PrimaVista is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 18, 2:13 am
  #368  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Sapporo, Japan
Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
Posts: 458
I'd happily have the flights on the lowest economy bucket instead of an awful £100 voucher.
flyuk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 18, 2:14 am
  #369  
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 69
Originally Posted by PrimaVista View Post
Just a straw poll...
Had BA come along and said Ok, weíll honour these tickets, but you have to accept the bucket was an obvious error, so you relinquish the error TPs and Avios, would there have been as much outrage and indignation, or is this, as some are intimating, actually about thinking youíd got something for nearly nothing and now youíve got, well, nothing?

Seems to me itís cool when the customer pulls a fast one at the company's expense, but the companyís the devil when theyíre perceived to pull a fast one back, whether thatís what theyíre doing or not...

That said, one wonders whether fare loading is a suitable placement for Apprentices... wouldnít FT be mundane without them.
Imho that is exactly what BA should have done and as much as there might have been some disgruntled passengers, I think on the whole people would think that fair. What happened here is.
1. Ba cancelled a whole 5days later
2. When I called on Friday the BA rep had no idea that they were actually cancelled, he told me that it was an it problem of the pnr not corresponding to the tickets, the tickets still being there.
3. I think the vouchers and the way the vouchers are/were being handled is the last straw. Making anyone almost go through hoops to be able to use them.
shayele is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 18, 2:18 am
  #370  
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: LHR/ATH
Posts: 2,413
Why canít BA just say sorry we messed up, we will honour all tickets?

it really wonít bankrupt the airline !
ahmetdouas is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 18, 2:22 am
  #371  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 39,005
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post


again the test isn’t “I had no good reason” and again I didn’t know what the fare class was when I booked.

You are assuming I had read the thread before I booked as well which I hadn’t. I had seen the title but not opened it, I was persuaded by someone else through a different channel to book as this was a cheap fare. The timing of my booking email was 0032 on 12 June so not sure how that ties in with your timings.

I am clear in on what I believed when I booked even if you are struggling to believe it
The times posted at 9 hours ahead of the UK and the details of booking class were in the thread at 00:17

I find it very hard to believe that you had no thought that it was an error
Dave Noble is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 18, 2:33 am
  #372  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Cumbria
Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Posts: 4,205
Originally Posted by PETER01 View Post
I never booked the TLV flight but I don't believe KARFA when he states he didn't know it was a mistake fare.

He knew all about this one below and he had no hesitation in purchasing it knowing full well it was a mistake!

YET ANOTHER Bratwurst mistake price!!!!!
Iím confused as to whether there is a mistake in your comment. Did you mean do or donít? What you wrote suggests you mean you do believe him but you actually wrote donít.

If KARFA says he was not aware that this was a mistake fare then I for one will take his word for it. Iíve certainly argued the case with other error fares, including the one around late last year to South America which was clearly more obvious.

However, how does this fare differ from the TLL fare in J that was not a mistake or the GIB fare for £70 in Y. Both of these were/are great deals and not a mistake.

The real issue here, as far as I can see is not the fare but the booking class, and this was clearly not shown whilst booking. Therefore nobody would have known this until they had booked, and therefore would assume they were just getting a really good fare.
madfish is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 18, 2:34 am
  #373  
gms
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: South East, UK
Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 2,082
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
You are assuming I had read the thread before I booked as well which I hadn’t. I had seen the title but not opened it, I was persuaded by someone else through a different channel to book as this was a cheap fare. The timing of my booking email was 0032 on 12 June so not sure how that ties in with your timings.

You posted to this thread at 11.47pm on June 11th! Yet you claim you had not read or opened the thread before booking

Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
Also some more recent comments on Omega here Booking through Omega Flight Store
I feel sorry for someone who genuinely just came across the fare and booked it. Those who booked after reading a "mistake fare" thread on Flyertalk (or elsewhere) should just accept they tried and failed, and move on.
gms is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 18, 2:41 am
  #374  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cambridge, UK
Programs: Mucci des Cieux Bleus de British Airways BA GGL/CCR
Posts: 322
The people I feel sorry for are those who booked this fare in good faith believing it to be a genuine fare and who are now, in some cases substantially, out of pocket for other expenses such as hotels, transfers etc. There will be a lot of people who now need to book replacement flights and might not be able to get them as cheaply with alternative carriers as they would have done when they booked these fares.
Mike P is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 18, 2:42 am
  #375  
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: London
Programs: Newbie BA Gold
Posts: 507
Why are you guys so pedantic? Who cares what time people posted things, do you win the internet if you are right?
cosmo74 and GlasgowCyclops like this.
benjai is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread