Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Mistake fare LHR - TLV [Tickets now cancelled by BA]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mistake fare LHR - TLV [Tickets now cancelled by BA]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2018, 12:00 am

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
Originally Posted by sxc
11 pages of excitement over an economy fare??
Chill Winston.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 12:03 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
#tongueincheek
flyuk likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 2:40 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
So who do I need to go to court with - the OTA or BA? My confirmed ticket is a contract with BA, right...? It's been a while since my degree module on commercial law...
Old Jun 16, 2018, 2:59 am

Programs: AA EXP
This was not a clear fare mistake, easily within realm of a deep sale. I suspect the attraction here was the high TPs, most of public would have no inkling of that. Hope someone does do the lawelawy thing...
Old Jun 16, 2018, 3:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
It was extremely cheap for a B class (and therefore flexible) ticket - offering 140 TPs and 8k Avios. Indeed that was surely the reason FTers booked it.

I don’t think many on here seriously thought it wasn’t a mistake. The fare element was -£9 after all.

That said, given cancelling tickets like this isn’t a zero cost option - and it’s not a loss like some of the J/F mistake fares - I’m a bit surprised BA didn’t let this one slide.

Provided I get my money back reasonably swiftly, I’m not going to get in a state about this.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 3:06 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I am going to say this - I have often wondered when these sort of incidents occur, whether they caught on because of all the noise on here? We can never prove that, of course, but I do wonder nevertheless. Promotions and sales are one thing, but mistakes are another. I remember those feeding frenzies over some of those error fares - the Scandinavian one comes to mind. I forget which country it was, but it did cause a lot of upset. That is not a criticism of anyone, but I do wonder whether we kill these in our eagerness?

That said, I am indebted to some of the wrinkles that have been unearthed here and for some of the help and advice freely and willingly given to me.
It’s hard to know generally, but in this case I think the fare was more widely known.

It was sent to 92,000 people who subscribe to “Dan’s deals”.

https://www.dansdeals.com/airfare-de...57-round-trip/

As another datapoint if helpful, I took the step of calling BA to find out what was going on, as the OTA are saying call Tuesday. BA confirmed it was a manifest error and all flights will be/ have been voided, but they will offer a 100 gbp voucher to all affected as goodwill (details were scant , I don’t know whether that’s per trip or per person, how the voucher will be redeemable etc).
Old Jun 16, 2018, 3:10 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Vgravity
It was extremely cheap for a B class (and therefore flexible) ticket - offering 140 TPs and 8k Avios. Indeed that was surely the reason FTers booked it.
How did you know what the selling class was when booking? I tried to find out on momondo and omega during the booking process but it wasn’t shown anywhere. First I knew it booked in to B selling class was when looking at the booking in BA MMB
Old Jun 16, 2018, 3:16 am

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
I didn't know the class either. Netflights doesn't tell you at the time of booking.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 5:52 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR , HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Woodbinerich

It’s hard to know generally, but in this case I think the fare was more widely known.

It was sent to 92,000 people who subscribe to “Dan’s deals”.

https://www.dansdeals.com/airfare-de...57-round-trip/

As another datapoint if helpful, I took the step of calling BA to find out what was going on, as the OTA are saying call Tuesday. BA confirmed it was a manifest error and all flights will be/ have been voided, but they will offer a 100 gbp voucher to all affected as goodwill (details were scant , I don’t know whether that’s per trip or per person, how the voucher will be redeemable etc).
Really helpful, thank you. I have not received any communication from my OTA (Omega) but will proactively call the GGL line early next week ^
our_kid likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by Woodbinerich
Thanks for this. If this turns out to be the case then a voucher for £100 certainly would seem reasonable.
our_kid and nufnuf77 like this.

Last edited by KARFA; Jun 16, 2018 at 6:23 am
Old Jun 16, 2018, 6:04 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Originally Posted by KARFA
Thanks for this. If this turns out to be the case then a voucher for £100 certainly would seem a reasonable.
I rather have 15k avios so I can UuA but £100 is almost just as good
Old Jun 16, 2018, 6:12 am

Programs: BA Gold
Why is it that airlines get a free pass to not own their mistakes? Genuine question.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 6:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA

How did you know what the selling class was when booking? I tried to find out on momondo and omega during the booking process but it wasn’t shown anywhere. First I knew it booked in to B selling class was when looking at the booking in BA MMB
Because I read it in this thread before I booked.

I wouldnt have booked it otherwise.
Woodbinerich likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 6:42 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by Scallywag72
Really helpful, thank you. I have not received any communication from my OTA (Omega) but will proactively call the GGL line early next week ^
Just to be clear on this, we didn’t discuss this aspect in huge detail when I spoke to the GGL line, but it seemed like a BA staff update or factsheet went around internally yesterday on this fare which mentioned the gesture toward the end of the text (- FYI the manifest error incidentally also affected the DXB route), and I certainly took it as any voucher will be offered through the OTA.
I am planning to speak to Omega on Tuesday ( Omega said they needed the managers to look at things for this fare on Monday and they would be ok to respond the next day).
Old Jun 16, 2018, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by Vgravity
Because I read it in this thread before I booked.

I wouldnt have booked it otherwise.
Ah ok. I hadn't seen the selling class in the thread before I booked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.