Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which is the better F? A380 or 777

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2018, 2:20 am

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by KARFA

any aircraft is better than the 777. The 777 is by far the worst aircraft out there I have been on for leaving you very dehydrated after a flight. Regardless of cabin I actively avoid it for overnight flights.

The A380 is pretty good and I have found the 787 very good.
Seconded, I often feel terrible coming off a long flight on a 777 whereas half an hour after getting off an A350 if I've managed to sleep well on the flight I can't even tell I've been on a flight sometimes! Unsure if some of the newer 777s are perhaps better in this regard.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 4:58 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
I think I feel worse coming off an F flight, but that's because it'll put me in holiday mode even on a business trip and there's a reasonable chance I'll over indulge and under sleep.

That said, the issue with upgrading to F from J on the A380 or 747 is that for me, if you can get a top deck, window but with aisle access seat in J, with the new product (ie inc bedding) thn that is a very compelling offering (as you get the side bins too, so it's relatively roomy for a BA J). Plus for HKG business trips specifically, outbound simply not a huge fan of the CCR over GF and on the way back due to the friendly timings I tend to have an early team dinner / beers in Kowloon having done the in town check in, before hopping on the airport express.

So for me F over J on the triple, any day of the week and twice on Sundays. But on the 747 or big bus much less cut and dried and very seat selection dependant as some of the other ancillary F benefits I tend not to consume.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
Interesting reading everyone’s comments on A380 v 777.

We have now booked the A380 in F. We phoned yesterday but in fortunately the Inverness seats had not been released at that point (something I had forgotten about). BA held the 2 seats for us HKG - LHR in F. Phoned back in this morning to add on the LHR - INV seats.

As I mentioned it might be the only time we get to do F. It wasn’t even contemplated until last week! Prepared to do BNE - HKG in QF Y so we can have an opportunity at F.

Thanks to everyone here at FT and also to Raffles/Rob at HFP. My husband admitted tonight that he is sceptical of loyalty schemes but this one has come up trumps!

I’ll report back on my first First but you’ll have to wait almost a year!

Cheers!
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2018, 4:25 pm
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Good luck!
And welcome to the hobby
Old Jun 18, 2018, 9:27 pm
amt

Programs: BA GGL & CCR
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK

HKG is not one of my regular sectors so no comment on the usual flight loads, what I would say is that I find no difference in the service or ambiance of the cabin whether the cabin is full or occupied by just a few. The First suite/seat is very private and often the only time you notice there are other passengers on board is when paying a visit to the toilet.
Well for a start you get the food service over and done with, the plates whisked away, your bed made up a lot quicker so an extra hours sleep, an extra pillow, they usually leave the bottle of champagne and the box of chocolates and tell you take the left overs home, there’s no queue for the bathroom and no one else to mess it up...
Old Jun 19, 2018, 12:50 am

A380 > B777, if Y available in upper deck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.