Wiki Posts
Search

Poor Service Complaint

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2018, 12:18 am

Shouldn't this be in the DYKWIA thread?
haroon145 and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 12:21 am

What do you mean by “pre-drink service”? Do you mean pre take off drink? Or pre meal drink?
Old Jun 11, 2018, 2:20 am

Far be it for me to defend BA but I find this all very trivial.
haroon145 likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 2:30 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
The case of the missing drink should have been easy to fix onboard - I'll put some tips down for anyone in a similar situation going forward...

Step 1 Identify that you need a drink, or notice someone else is being served one and then realise you would like one also
Step 2 press bell, discuss with FA and ask for drink,
Step 2 Drink said drink,
Step 4 rinse and repeat as needed
flygirl68, MADPhil and Hilde like this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 2:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
Another data point...

21 flights this year so far, 100% of my First and CW flights I was personally greeted, 0% of my CE and ET flights I was personally greeted.

I'd echo what others have said, the greeting is not a published service standard so there's nothing to really complain about. The drinks, however, I can see would be annoying if you were not in the half of the cabin that got served, and so maybe a quick tweet or the customer service form would be your best bet.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 3:00 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
The contrast between the triviality of the complaint and the earnestness of finding a method of complaint that would be "actually listened to" is very amusing
Old Jun 11, 2018, 3:03 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I don't mean to sound rude, but are you seriously contemplating writing in or calling to complain about not being greeted on board? I hear Mrs Bouquet did that!

As for the drinks, and as noted above, there is a button above your head which will summon someone who will get you a refreshment (even in WT+!). The days of liveried, white-linen service on BA are long gone.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 3:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
No idea how you have managed a Gold greeting on every flight you have bee on till now.

I got an occasional Gold greeting in ET, never in WT+
Old Jun 11, 2018, 3:10 am

Programs: BA Gold
Personally I'm happy when I don't get the Gold greeting - it always seems completely pointless.
rossmacd likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 3:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by cosmo74
Personally I'm happy when I don't get the Gold greeting - it always seems completely pointless.
Same here, I don't need a reminder of the amount of cash I've shovelled the way of IAG.....
rossmacd, cosmo74 and SoggyDollar like this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by NathanM
thanks - I know it's a small thing - but in three years of being gold this is the first time I didn't have the greeting, so it stuck out.
BA has changed their slogan recently to Silence is Golden
FlyerTalker39574 likes this.

Last edited by newyorklondon; Jun 11, 2018 at 9:47 am
Old Jun 11, 2018, 3:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by ajeleonard
The contrast between the triviality of the complaint and the earnestness of finding a method of complaint that would be "actually listened to" is very amusing
It's always good to start a Monday morning with a good laugh!

I don't think it even registers with me when I don't get a Gold greeting, which is quite a lot of the time.
rossmacd, haroon145 and mikeyfly like this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 3:23 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Well, looking at my LHR-CPH this morning, there were 4 rows of CE, therefore max 16 CE passengers.

When I arrived at the gate to board, the queues had already formed and there were approx 25 people already in the Group 1 queue, and more joined behind me. So, even assuming that all CE passengers were in the queue when I arrived (and they certainly weren't!) then there were at least 10-15 Golds and above, probably more, in ET alone, on my flight.

Much as it's nice to get a greeting sometimes, I can completely see how the numbers sometimes make this impossible, even if the SCCM wants to (which is also not necessarily a certainty!)
flygirl68 likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:18 am

Programs: BA Exec
Originally Posted by NathanM
Who can recommend the best way to provide BA with feedback on my recent flights so it is actually listened to? Overall flight was fine but on my recent flight to TLV The CSD failed to give me the gold greeting on both legs, and on the return leg they only did a pre-drink service on one side of the cabin (this was in WT+)! The last point I found especially poor. First world problems I know...but I would still like to make sure they know about this.
Sorry to hear the crew on the above flight did not meet your expectations. Did you ask to speak to the CSD (or CSM, if operated by Mixed Fleet) so that you could air your disappointment and perhaps have received a response, apology or explanation straight away ?

FYI the Gold card holder greeting is dependent on circumstances on the day and is not a “must” but a “should”.

I would recommend in future you raise your disappointment with the CSD or CSM on the flight itself, so that they can take immediate action if necessary.
flygirl68 likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
OP maybe since the GDPR went live you need to opt in to receive a Gold greeting?

Ok on a more serious note, what value does this add? I'm curious as speaking for myself I'd prefer not to have it, it's often cringeworthy and I say that with the greatest respect to the BA CC who I think are BA's best asset.
rossmacd likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.