Wiki Posts
Search

Iberia "Business Promotional" on BA Metal

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2018, 7:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HHonors
Iberia "Business Promotional" on BA Metal

Please forgive/redirect me if this has been raised previously (This is my first post).

I travel to Mallorca from London fairly regularly and when booking recently of I thought I would see if I could book through Iberia to see if it was cheaper.

I have notice that specifically on LHR-PMI-LHR returns travelling certain weekdays in August that the "Business Promotional" fares offered by Iberia were half the price of the BA CE fares and in many cases cheaper than the BA Basic Economy fares. I wondered if anyone had any thoughts on why this is?

If there has been another post about this or if it is not relevant please let me know.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Different airline, different fares. They're normally quite aligned between BA and IB, but it could simply be down to fare buckets not being the same. They credit as normal.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 10:04 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
It's a good spot. There are some very attractive fares (from what I can see from £205) from LCY starting this weekend.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
IB often tend to have ex LHR reasonable BC fares compared to BA to destinations in Spain via MAD. Quite reasonable for tier points runs as well.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 11:33 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by nivsy
IB often tend to have ex LHR reasonable BC fares compared to BA to destinations in Spain via MAD. Quite reasonable for tier points runs as well.
Sure. But I think the point here is that direct flights on BA metal are priced substantially lower on IB than the BA price for the same flights.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 2:28 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by RBMA1987
I have notice that specifically on LHR-PMI-LHR returns travelling certain weekdays in August that the "Business Promotional" fares offered by Iberia were half the price of the BA CE fares and in many cases cheaper than the BA Basic Economy fares. I wondered if anyone had any thoughts on why this is?
Thanks for finding and sharing that, I'm sure some people here will find it useful. And greetings RBMA1987, welcome to Flyertalk and the BA Forum, I hope that you will make yourself at home here,.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 6:09 am
Original Poster

Thank you all for your comments and thanks you for your welcome C-W-S, I should have mentioned that the CE fares were in the R fare bucket on both IB and BA.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 3:02 pm

Just wondered if you took any of those Iberia business promotional flights and how was the experience from booking to flying as thinking of doing the same soon? Thanks
Old Nov 20, 2018, 4:04 pm

Programs: BAEC
Definitely some good prices going through IB on BA metal. LON - AGP is £180 return vs £244 booked via ba.com.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 4:07 pm

That's right, I'm just checking for any downsides before booking, my flight would be on BA operated too so is it the BA baggage allowance as its more than Iberia says at 23kg?
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
BA's allowance.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 4:40 pm

I've booked a few of these previously primarily on the ALC route. The rules and conditions are usually stricter than the corresponding BA fare (no changes for a fee, no same day changes) but if you know exactly which flights you want then there's everything to gain - in my experience once the I class fare level has sold out on Ba.com the IB Business promo R fare is usually around £100 cheaper than the Ba.com R fare for the journey I make.

I find the IB website clunky and not particularly user friendly. Once the booking is made, I add all API and Frequent flyer details in Ba.com.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2018, 8:05 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Been posted here and HFP and TLFL for some time. Only issue I have had is BA.com doesn’t recognise IB booking reference and generally TPs don’t post automatically
Old Nov 21, 2018, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

@paulaf Flight etc went fine, and as I had input my BAEC number the booking ported straight across to the BA website. The only issue as @BAGoldBoy raised was that getting the Avios and TP was a bit of an issue. I flew with Mrs. RBMA1987 and for some reason, Iberia had issued the ticket numbers for the opposite tickets (I.E my ticket number for Mrs. RBMA1987 and vice versa). To be fair, a call to the BAEC line when I was aware that the TPs had not posted and then I put the correct ticket numbers in the Avios and T.P posted.
Old Nov 21, 2018, 1:36 pm

Many thanks, glad to hear mostly went well and the BA app picked the booking up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.