Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problem with BA App on iPhone

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2018, 3:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Upupintheair

Doesn’t work for me. For weeks now I am also caught in ‘this loop’. What helps is checkin via website and then I can download BP via app. Really wish they would resolve this...
No problem on outbound last weekend (checked in 31/5 for 1/6 flight) but attempting to check in for return (Sun 3/6 for flight on Mon 4/6) had this issue. Solved it by going to BA.com website on laptop which showed me as checked in, then back to app which gave me boarding pass.

Most frustrating.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:33 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by antichef
I have had the same problem for about a week.

the problem is when you do “Quick Check In”, but in the app if you go to “Change Seat” it takes you to a different page and if you make no changes you will see that it changes to “checked in”. When you go back to the app and select “Check In/Boarding Pass” it allows you to get and save your BP
This worked for me...I believe the change seat option takes you to the mobile website which showed I was already checked in so I exited check in and reloaded the front page of the app and the get boarding pass option appeared.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 4:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by calchas63
The last few times I try and check in with the BA App on my iPhone X, it seems to get stuck in a loop. It says it's retrieving boarding pass but the pass is not retrieved and it puts me back to the screen to Check In. The only way out is to go on to the BA website, Manage My Booking and check in from there and send boarding pass by email. If i then go back to the app, I can successfully retrieve the boarding pass.

One person on Twitter so far has seen my tweet to BA and said they have the same problem.

Anyone else? Or do you know a fix?

BA have said email them with an error message, but there is no error message, it just seems to get stuck in a loop!
Had the same issue this morning. I logged into the website via my iPad and checked in through MMB, then was able to download my boarding pass to my iPhone. For reference I'm on IOS 11.1.2

Last edited by Quarky Quark; Jun 11, 2018 at 4:40 am Reason: sp
Old Jun 11, 2018, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Pilot37
That is how I've managed to get the boarding pass since the issue started occurring, but just annoying vs. the way it should work!

Pilot37
+ 1 same problem(iPhone X) but the fix suggested seems to work. Reported it via the app feedback but never heard anything more
Old Jan 13, 2019, 12:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum
Anyone else having problems getting their boarding pass on the I-phone app?

I get the following error:
Check in / boarding pass error. Sorry, there was a problem with passbook.

It’s not my phone as I have tried in on both my personal and my work phone.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 6:09 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (OneWorld Emerald) & Hilton Honors Diamond
Using the app over the last few days it keeps erroring and logging me out! The problem is so severe that it happens whenever I move screen on the app.

Not great as I use a secure password and so have to copy and paste it from the password manager, making the app useless.

Take it I'm not alone? I can't see anything from BA flagging that they know there is an issue.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 6:11 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/GFL
Originally Posted by MileHighFizz
Using the app over the last few days it keeps erroring and logging me out! The problem is so severe that it happens whenever I move screen on the app.

Not great as I use a secure password and so have to copy and paste it from the password manager, making the app useless.

Take it I'm not alone? I can't see anything from BA flagging that they know there is an issue.
Same for me with the logging out as well.

Wish they'd fix it hi-jacking the audio as well.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 6:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum, HH Diamond; others
Originally Posted by MileHighFizz

Yes, same for me
Old Feb 1, 2019, 6:19 am

Programs: BAEC Silver/OW Sapphire
Same here. Frustrating. Seems there is an issue with either the website of the app every time I ever go to use them. Very poor. I can't think of another business with such a high profile that is so incapable of producing and managing a reliable IT platform.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 6:32 am

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Every time I try to use my BA app (iPhone X, IOS 12.1.3) it tells me there is an error and logs me out. When I log back in, I can't see any bookings. Eventually, they appear. When I try to look at any of them, I get a message telling me there is an error and I am logged out again.

Unbelievably frustrating and irritating.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 6:42 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Yes it's been happening on and off for months but never as frequently as now.

If any of my clients had something this severe, it would be a P1 issue and the dev teams wouldn't be going home until it was fixed, tested, retested and deployed. It must be affecting hundreds of thousands of customers but they seem to think it's OK. Madness as it's so many people's major interface to their business and it makes the whole business look bad by association.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 6:45 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
BA100! It's when we last updated our App!
Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by manord
Yes, same for me
and me
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:28 am

Me too, only over the last week or two. I twitted them, awaiting a reply
Old Feb 1, 2019, 8:31 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
you can't have everything the money from maintaining BA's web services was spent on the 100 advertising. They have our money so we slip down the priority list and new business is king....
John

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.