Search

Flying different cabins

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2018, 3:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Flying different cabins

Hello,

It's looking likely that I will fly to Tokyo soon for work in CW (direct) and I'm thinking of bringing my wife and baby along for the ride. It's likely that we won't be able to justify the cost of the CW tickets (£5k) for my wife and baby would go in WT+ (£2k).

What is BA CC view on myself (or my wife) going between cabins? Or me bringing my baby into Club from WT+ for some time? Or even swapping my seat for my wife seat?

Thank
Old Jun 4, 2018, 4:02 am

Programs: Mucci, BA GGL/CCR
It's generally considered acceptable to go back and see friends and family in lower cabins but not the other way round (guesting in First at the discretion of the SCM is allowed). I'd suggest you could go back and see your wife and baby in WT+ but that bringing your baby into Club if he / she is ticketed in WT+ would not be acceptable.

It would probably be OK to swap seats with your wife but if your employer has paid for the ticket, that might also be an issue. She could then visit you and the infant in WT+. Again, it wouldn't get your baby into J if he / she is ticketed in W so this might not work either.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 4:06 am

Programs: BA Silver
Generally they are OK with people in a higher cabin strolling through lower cabins but not vice-versa.

In practice, if you have a word with the cabin crew and explain the situation, they will probably be OK with you swapping seats and baby etc as you suggest.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 4:07 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Depending on the date of travel, could a quick back-to-back in Amsterdam the ngiht before be on the cards? That's very straightforward, even with an infant, and might solve the issue. Otherwise it might be a question of hoping for avios availability or an op-up!
Old Jun 4, 2018, 4:22 am

Programs: BA Bronze SPG
Friends of mine had a similar situation. Mum and baby in W and dad in J. They weren't allowed to go and visit but Dad and mum swapped seats for a while to let mum have a rest on a nice flat bed and a glass of champagne!
konagirl2 likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 4:26 am
Suspended

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH DIAMOND, AVIS Presidents Club, Karahi Express
Originally Posted by Cymro
Depending on the date of travel, could a quick back-to-back in Amsterdam the ngiht before be on the cards? That's very straightforward, even with an infant, and might solve the issue. Otherwise it might be a question of hoping for avios availability or an op-up!
@Cymro What issue would that solve? 🤓
Old Jun 4, 2018, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Absolutely no problem visiting whoever is in WT plus with the baby, bringing the baby into CW will not be allowed.
As long as there is only one person seated in CW a swap of occupants shouldn’t be a problem but just pass it by the cabin crew.

Last edited by Can I help you; Jun 4, 2018 at 6:07 am Reason: Spelling
Old Jun 4, 2018, 5:44 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by deboyzoned

@Cymro What issue would that solve? 🤓
It will depend on dates, but AMS-LHR-TYO is likely to be much less than LHR-TYO.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 5:55 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Absolutely no problem visiting whoever is in WT plus with the baby, bringing the baby into CW will not be aloud.
Looks like a sub conscious typo....,
Old Jun 4, 2018, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently

Looks like a sub conscious typo....,
He he.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 6:25 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by fruitcage
Generally they are OK with people in a higher cabin strolling through lower cabins but not vice-versa.
I would still say that people in lower cabins should not be inconvenienced by my visit regardless of where I am seated, and would keep it to the minimum, or meet up in the galley when no meal service etc. is taking place and talk very quietly so as not to cause nuisance for others.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
Thanks for all the replies. The wife really wants me to travel in WT+ with her and the little one. So, if I went for that option can I link our bookings together to get seat selection based on traveling with an infant? I’m only bronze FYI.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.