Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Transferring from RBC Avion and AMEX MR to Avios

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2018, 2:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First

Hi all,
Now that Aeroplan will no longer be partnering with AC in the coming years. I have started getting rid of my Aeroplan Miles it was good since I was in Canada.

However I will be in Germany for sometime. I never flown BA before, but since I have lots of Avion and MR points I'd like to utilize the conversion bonus that they have yearly or so.

Usually I fly to Canada at least twice a year. However next year I am thinking of visiting Asia, from FRA, possibly flying Cathy Pacific or JAL on J/F using points.

I don't know much about Oneworld and the Avios Points system. If I transfer my points to Avios I assume I have access to the Oneworld?

Last edited by BRAISKI; Jun 6, 2018 at 2:16 am
Old Jun 6, 2018, 2:50 am

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
What do you mean by “If I transfer my points to Avios I assume I have access to the Oneworld “?

However, yes, you can transfer both RBC points to Avoid (I get mine automatically every month) and AMEX MR points. The one snag you may have is if your BAEC account is in a different country (Germany) to your points (Canada) however...

Note that by just transferring points you do not get OneWorld status, if that was what you were trying to ask. However, you can use your points on partner flights, but may be more efficient to either buy a J ticket to Asia ex-FRA, since they sometimes have very good sales!
Old Jun 6, 2018, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Originally Posted by LondonCanuck
What do you mean by “If I transfer my points to Avios I assume I have access to the Oneworld “?

However, yes, you can transfer both RBC points to Avoid (I get mine automatically every month) and AMEX MR points. The one snag you may have is if your BAEC account is in a different country (Germany) to your points (Canada) however...

Note that by just transferring points you do not get OneWorld status, if that was what you were trying to ask. However, you can use your points on partner flights, but may be more efficient to either buy a J ticket to Asia ex-FRA, since they sometimes have very good sales!
I meant, is I have access to partner airlines I guess is what I'm trying to say. Oh so OneWorld is a status! Thanks for clarifying... I'm done traveling for work.

I used to have a BAEC account but have never used it, I tried to login but it looks like it got cancelled. I still have a place in Canada and technically still a Canadian resident since I just moved to Germany two months back. I'm going back to Canada next month for a month so I can register again for BAEC account. Then back to Germany again for sometime...

Good sales on J, that sounds awesome, coming from Air Canada never "experienced" a good sale in J (YYZ-FRA)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.