Wiki Posts
Search

Question re: BA 16,000 Avios promotion

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2018, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold
Question re: BA 16,000 Avios promotion

Last April I noticed the promotion giving you 16.000 Avios extra if you flew 8 times (for instance 4 return trips) between April and the end of June. My situation is as follows:

1 return flight flown in April after registering but booked before registering - So 2 flights
2 return flighs in May and June booked and flown after registering - So 4 more flights.

As things stand I think I will get a bonus of 4,000 Avios. Are 12,000 worth a cheap London-XXX return before the end of June?

If the rules of the promotion mean that only flights booked and flown after registering qualify I'll keep whatever bonus I get, but if I am two flights away from the big prize I wonder if a day trip on an HBO fare would be worth it.

Views, Opinions, etc. please
Old Jun 5, 2018, 4:18 pm

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by londonfog
As things stand I think I will get a bonus of 4,000 Avios. Are 12,000 worth a cheap London-XXX return before the end of June?
Depends on how cheap the London-XXX return is. I'm seeing same day returns to BRU/LUX for 79£ in Y (probably less via an OTA) on a couple of dates in June.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 4:23 pm

Programs: BA:Gold Amex:Green :IC Platinum Elite Amb
Got the same issue. 7 segments flown by the end of the month, OH only 6. So is it worth the extra flights?
12,000 AV is worth a minimum of £97 so not worth the extra flghts unless they are stupid cheap (economy HBO) or 2-4-1 and GUF earning are taken into account.Not sure why they ran this promotion.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 5:49 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by UKTony
Got the same issue. 7 segments flown by the end of the month, OH only 6. So is it worth the extra flights?
12,000 AV is worth a minimum of £97 so not worth the extra flghts unless they are stupid cheap (economy HBO) or 2-4-1 and GUF earning are taken into account.Not sure why they ran this promotion.
I’d agree I’m not sure why they ran the promotion. Either you’d qualify easily due to normal travel patterns, or it’s not really worth trying to buy more flights to achieve (which i assume would be the ultimate aim)?? Personally it’s all good extra Avios for me but I’d have flown the same flights anyway..
Old Jun 5, 2018, 10:24 pm

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
If you have no other means to gain avios, a cheap flight can worth it. If the flight is also associated with a leisure weekend, the better

PS
I was hoping to see something more substantial for LH summer flights, like in previous years, but...
Old Jun 5, 2018, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by londonfog
1 return flight flown in April after registering but booked before registering - So 2 flights

If the rules of the promotion mean that only flights booked and flown after registering qualify I'll keep whatever bonus I get, but if I am two flights away from the big prize I wonder if a day trip on an HBO fare would be worth it.
It looks like the flights booked before registering will not count
https://www.headforpoints.com/2018/0...flights-promo/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.