Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club World LHR CAI LHR - with pictures

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2018, 6:35 am

Out of interest was this BA154 on 30/05? I was on CAI-LHR and go around due to a 4U missing his/her runway exit...

Pilot very calm and kept pax informed. Sadly not the case with a go around at LAX a few months ago...utter panic!
Old Jun 9, 2018, 10:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by crthomson
Out of interest was this BA154 on 30/05? I was on CAI-LHR and go around due to a 4U missing his/her runway exit...

Pilot very calm and kept pax informed. Sadly not the case with a go around at LAX a few months ago...utter panic!
yes it was, and yes the go around was handled very well. Allowed me to watch the end of my movie.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by binman

yes it was, and yes the go around was handled very well. Allowed me to watch the end of my movie.
likewise! A real shame about the state of the cabin and your seat, although admittedly 13K wasn’t in such a bad state of affairs
Old Jun 11, 2018, 8:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
I though I would update the thread with the response from BA following an email with the pictures to customer relations.

I had a call earlier today and there were profuse apologies and assurances that the experience was not to their normal standards.

The offered a total of 2500 Avios per passenger per flight so a total of 20,000 for the family account. Pretty poor in my view.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 9:08 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Originally Posted by binman
I though I would update the thread with the response from BA following an email with the pictures to customer relations.

I had a call earlier today and there were profuse apologies and assurances that the experience was not to their normal standards.

The offered a total of 2500 Avios per passenger per flight so a total of 20,000 for the family account. Pretty poor in my view.
Didn't you challenge the compensation offered and if so what was their excuse?

Also it is good to see they called you directly and not just send you a standard email.
Old Oct 12, 2018, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
What is the service pattern on the 345am departure from CAI? I am hoping to sleep, but will want to have breakfast, too. Is it a one-tray service or multiple courses? Served after take off or before landing?
I know ex-DXB is a longer flight, but the 2am departure is also curious to me...dinner after takeoff and breakfast before landing? Or is it just a one-tray snack after takeoff?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.