Club World LHR CAI LHR - with pictures

Old Jun 9, 18, 6:35 am
  #46  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: London, UK
Posts: 23
Out of interest was this BA154 on 30/05? I was on CAI-LHR and go around due to a 4U missing his/her runway exit...

Pilot very calm and kept pax informed. Sadly not the case with a go around at LAX a few months ago...utter panic!
crthomson is offline  
Old Jun 9, 18, 10:04 am
  #47  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK
Programs: BA Silver / Hilton Diamond / IHG Spire Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 2,059
Originally Posted by crthomson View Post
Out of interest was this BA154 on 30/05? I was on CAI-LHR and go around due to a 4U missing his/her runway exit...

Pilot very calm and kept pax informed. Sadly not the case with a go around at LAX a few months ago...utter panic!
yes it was, and yes the go around was handled very well. Allowed me to watch the end of my movie.
binman is offline  
Old Jun 10, 18, 4:58 am
  #48  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: London, UK
Posts: 23
Originally Posted by binman View Post


yes it was, and yes the go around was handled very well. Allowed me to watch the end of my movie.
likewise! A real shame about the state of the cabin and your seat, although admittedly 13K wasn’t in such a bad state of affairs
crthomson is offline  
Old Jun 11, 18, 8:28 am
  #49  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: UK
Programs: BA Silver / Hilton Diamond / IHG Spire Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Posts: 2,059
I though I would update the thread with the response from BA following an email with the pictures to customer relations.

I had a call earlier today and there were profuse apologies and assurances that the experience was not to their normal standards.

The offered a total of 2500 Avios per passenger per flight so a total of 20,000 for the family account. Pretty poor in my view.
binman is offline  
Old Jun 11, 18, 9:08 am
  #50  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Posts: 971
Originally Posted by binman View Post
I though I would update the thread with the response from BA following an email with the pictures to customer relations.

I had a call earlier today and there were profuse apologies and assurances that the experience was not to their normal standards.

The offered a total of 2500 Avios per passenger per flight so a total of 20,000 for the family account. Pretty poor in my view.
Didn't you challenge the compensation offered and if so what was their excuse?

Also it is good to see they called you directly and not just send you a standard email.
icegirl is offline  
Old Oct 12, 18, 7:22 am
  #51  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: NC
Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Posts: 11,146
What is the service pattern on the 345am departure from CAI? I am hoping to sleep, but will want to have breakfast, too. Is it a one-tray service or multiple courses? Served after take off or before landing?
I know ex-DXB is a longer flight, but the 2am departure is also curious to me...dinner after takeoff and breakfast before landing? Or is it just a one-tray snack after takeoff?
SkyTeam777 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread