Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tier Point Run Question - 150 to San Sebastian....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2018, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Advice very gratefully received. I'm trying to get my head round the best way to do this.

I've got to be in San Sebastian, Spain (so Bilbao or Biarritz best options) on Friday 5th October at about 10am. I can leave any time on Thursday afternoon to get there in best way to earn 150 TPs.

Ideally I would fly back to London/UK direct on Sunday evening....

Is this even possible or should I just go for a separate TP run with no specific destination?

Thanks anyone who has any ideas.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
The only way to get over 150 TPs is to go to Biarritz via Madrid. IB domestic flights only earn 20 TPs in J, so BIO and San Sebastian are out. I can see it for Ł382 for your dates, which isn't too bad for 160 TPs, if you need to go there anyway. That has Thursday night in Madrid though, unless you can get away with leaving London earlier in the day on Thursday.
ba0028 likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:06 am
Original Poster

Thanks - looks like a pretty good option.

Do you know if it is possible to combine a direct BA flight back from e.g Bilbao with the Madrid/Biarittz routing out? i.e - do Iberia/BA let you combine and treat it as a return?
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:26 am

you can book it all together on the Iberia site (or phone BA)...however this would leave you a total of 120 TPs....LHR-MAD = 40, MAD-BIQ = 40, BIO-LON = 40
Old Jun 6, 2018, 12:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN , A3*G & others less exciting that don't fit in my wallet
San Sebastian has an airport which certainly used to have Iberia flights to/from MAD ... The airport isn't particularly near San Sebastian ( it's beside the French border ) , but if you did the above but returned San Sebastian - Madrid - London that would get you a few extra points to potentially make it 160 ( Though as noted below my maths is not correct .. should be just 140 in this case )

Last edited by EvilDoctorK; Jun 6, 2018 at 2:59 am
Old Jun 6, 2018, 1:51 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by EvilDoctorK
San Sebastian has an airport which certainly used to have Iberia flights to/from MAD ... The airport isn't particularly near San Sebastian ( it's beside the French border ) , but if you did the above but returned San Sebastian - Madrid - London that would get you a few extra points to potentially make it 160
Returning San Sebastian-MAD-LHR would only give you 60 TPs, so total of 140 if you got 80 from the outbound into BIQ. The OP apparently needs 150.
EvilDoctorK likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.