Wiki Posts
Search

767 - CE to row 15

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2018, 12:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
767 - CE to row 15

Hi all - I have a flight coming up in CE on the 767 to ATH - it’s currently showing almost full back to row 15 - whats service normally like on these birds with such a full cabin - should I expect any shortcomings? My last few CE flights (on Airbus) have been really very good in terms of service and food quality.

Old Jun 4, 2018, 5:21 pm

Programs: BA Silver, SAS EB Silver, Hilton Honors Diamond, Starwood Gold, Accor Silver
Had 2 flights to/from Larnaca last year on the 767 with CE back to 15 and service was very good. I tend to find the 767 crews more polished for some reason.

I suppose the other question you should be asking is “is CE full to row 15?”. In our flights it was far from and that felt like it made a difference.

Not sure if you are regularly on the 767 but it’s worth avoiding the rear cabin (12-15?) if possible as the divider to economy is rarely closed properly these days. The front cabin feels more exclusive.

I personally love the 767, even if it is a bit tired looking inside. Reminds me of better days on BA. Hope you enjoy it too.
lukew likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 5:29 pm

Don't forget that it's a 2-3-2 config so only the middle seat is left empty
Old Jun 4, 2018, 5:44 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
I have found that the crew that are on the few remaining 767s tend to be very experienced, professional and yet fun. They're very proud of the old aircraft and you should have a great time. I recommend you choose a D or F seat for best comfort and someone not right next to you
Old Jun 4, 2018, 6:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Diamond, IHG Diamond
Despite a lot of the hate on here I really enjoy flying on the 767 and find the first 17 rows to be among the comfiest economy seats going. It sounds like it’ll be a very large CE cabin but they have sufficient crew to cover it and much bigger galleys compared to the Airbus fleet. You should have a great flight!
PUCCI GALORE and gliderpilot like this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 12:13 am
Original Poster

Thanks all - yes I’ve done 767 a few times in CE but almost always been an empty cabin. Apart from the few gold blocks on expertflyer almost every seat is taken back to row 15.

Im a huge fan of the 767 - we had other options on same day on A320s but always opt for a 767 where possible.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 1:54 am

Programs: BA, Accor, Hilton, ITA
I did Larnaca last year coming back into LHR, and I found the size of the cabin (even with 2 trolleys down each row) made the service appear less exclusive and slower. In particular they only poured champagne from full size bottles. 6 loaded for both the outward and return, and only 2 left for the return. I could easily drink a full bottle to myself on a > 3-4 hour flight, not 2 bottles between 3 dozen people!

So my experience was overall not impressed. Be good riddance when they go IMHO.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 2:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
I have found that the crew that are on the few remaining 767s tend to be very experienced, professional and yet fun. They're very proud of the old aircraft and you should have a great time.
Was chatting to the head honcho on my flight back from FRA a few weeks back, and he told me he was embarrassed by the state of the cabin on these old birds. Generally gets comments/complaints about how old and tatty they are and spends a chunk of his flight apologising for those 767 first timers.

He was certainly counting the days until they are gone forever.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 2:21 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Nice comfy seats though!
Old Jun 5, 2018, 2:44 am

Programs: BA Silver
We came back from ATH in CE in May on the 767 where it went back to row 14. The only difference in service was that they plated the full dinner service at once (due to the number of passengers, we were told) - starter, main, dessert and cheese all on the one tiny tray! We were in row 1 so we had the spare seat/table but it was a bit of a balancing act!
Old Jun 5, 2018, 10:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bhbloke
Was chatting to the head honcho on my flight back from FRA a few weeks back, and he told me he was embarrassed by the state of the cabin on these old birds. Generally gets comments/complaints about how old and tatty they are and spends a chunk of his flight apologising for those 767 first timers.

He was certainly counting the days until they are gone forever.
I must just be lucky on the 767s I’ve been on recently - they were only refreshed a few years back and other than a few telltale signs of them being ‘old’ I never find them in a state worthy of a complaint. I’ve been on much worse older A320s and 747s with BA - gosh even the 787-9 I was on in first had more dents, scrapes and loose parts 😂
Old Jun 5, 2018, 10:13 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

@ Chris 9642 - Just a note to avoid row 14 as it has a full window blank and row 13 has around 2/3 rds of a window but a blank in front of that too, just perhaps something to bear in mind.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PETER01
@ Chris 9642 - Just a note to avoid row 14 as it has a full window blank and row 13 has around 2/3 rds of a window but a blank in front of that too, just perhaps something to bear in mind.
Thanks - I’m well up to the front so no worries I once remember getting that row in ET on the 767 and felt strangely claustrophobic through the flight sat next to a wall.
PETER01 likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 10:35 am

Programs: BA Gold
I'm also flying on a 767 in CE from Rome to London this year and my seating plan has not changed since the minute I booked it. All of the same seats have been blocked out for some reason.

Old Jun 5, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Well, all you lucky people, wife and I are flying to FCO in a 767, but we're in economy as an included fare with a cruise. I have booked seats 12 JK, so maybe they'll be the more comfy business class?

Please can someone point me to the recommended link for seat plans

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.