Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Wetlease QR A330 for Kuwait, Delhi & Muscat flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Wetlease QR A330 for Kuwait, Delhi & Muscat flights

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2018, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Not exactly. The caselaw in this situation is the Mennens v Emirates, so among other things my reading is that the carrier surcharge (buried in the £425 figure) would also be refunded at 75%, which is £203.

On a £543 WTP fare (the cheapest to MCT) you would be looking at a refund of about £318, making a net fare of £225, assuming a downgrade on both outwards and return. So the 75% headline figure becomes a bit below 60% in realiity. The Involuntary Fare Refund may be a similar figure.

The cheapest WT fare to MCT is £332.
Given such a cheap WT fare, UUA to Club World might be an attractive proposition for some due to the absence of WTP.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 2:46 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Boniface Eighth
Do we actually know what sort of A330s have been leased? I have three reward business class seats booked to MCT in June and if the planes have the dreaded angled seats, I'm frankly not prepared to blast 200,000 airmiles and a 2.4.1 voucher for the privilege of sloping. If that's going to be the case, then I'd rather just pay for economy tickets and save the airmiles.
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum Boniface Eighth, it's good to see you here and I hope you also have a good time in Oman, which is a really great place to visit in my view.

I don't have any insight on to this, other than that a day or so before the first flights we will find out the registrations of the aircraft and I think we will then know if it's Diamond seating or slidey-slope. So keep an eye on this thread. One aspect to perhaps bear in mind is whether the 2-4-1 can definitely be used more productively given the voucher's expiry date.
Boniface Eighth likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 2:57 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Just too a look at the Y section on BA for the A330 and it runs to 40 so is indicating it is a v2

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Qa...A330-200_D.php

Angled J product
Old Jun 4, 2018, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai
Just too a look at the Y section on BA for the A330 and it runs to 40 so is indicating it is a v2

Angled J product
Thanks for this - am new here - please can you explain "Just took a look at the Y section on BA" to me?

Doesn't look good if is angled product. Will have to discuss with others in my trip and see what they think... as corporate-wage-slave said, depends on when my voucher runs out (and I can't remember!)
Old Jun 4, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
If it is angled non horizontal lie flat to MCT, I would seek to cancel, refund and rebook with QR via DOH from MAN, HEL, CWL or LHR or scrap it entirely.

I booked it as a BA Holiday so I can see it being a right mess to work out if I can cancel flights only, or flights + hotel, and the related refund if so.

No notifications received from BA or BA holidays.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 3:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by gcampbell
Yes - judging from what I see in MMB for my Muscat trip later this month and comparing to SeatGuru.
Originally Posted by ExpatSomchai

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Qa...A330-200_D.php

Angled J product
Why is everyone using SeatGuru? Every single configuration and description they have for the QR A330 is about 5 years out of date

To all intents and purposes all of QR's active A330s have been refitted with either B/E Diamonds or Minipods, so they're either flat (UA J, legacy Continental) or flat (like the non-suite QR 777s). Check the old fleet thread on the QR board (at least two of the non-refitted A330s have since exited the fleet and are flying for Eurowings)

This is definitely an upgrade if you're in Y, and if you're a couple in J, then either QR configuration is nicer than BA CW. If you're travelling solo, not so much, but I'd choose a middle aisle rather than either of the window pair, as the footwell on the Diamonds appears to be designed for Chinese concubines...
BAFlyer74 and Boniface Eighth like this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 3:36 pm

I have very small feet, but looking at the photos I think even I might struggle!!! Thank you very much for the update - much relieved.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 3:49 pm

Programs: BA Gold, ELAL Top Platinum
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The refund would buy you at least 2 meals in Reubens even at their prices. Will that do?
You'll find that me and @msm200uk prefer La Fiesta.
Why iss it that they can't provide KSML? QR provide from Doha. Another point, slightly OT, why can't they provide ex-DXB? If one flies EK they provide as well.
msm2000uk likes this.

Last edited by tedcruz; Jun 5, 2018 at 12:21 pm
Old Jun 4, 2018, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
It's a serious downgrade if you're in WT+. Usually MCT is a great route for WT+ with very keen (DIF) pricing, but now you can end up paying similar money to be in economy.

MCT will not now be in my nearer travel plans, I'm afraid.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
Interesting that BA are offering the original tier points when downgraded, even though this definitely not the policy in their standard 'cabin closure' guidelines.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by G_CIVV
Given such a cheap WT fare, UUA to Club World might be an attractive proposition for some due to the absence of WTP.
Since you'll get stung for an extra £78 APD + goodness knows how much extra YQ + twice as many avios, I'd say that UUA from WTP to CW would likely be much better value than UUA from WT to CW...
Old Jun 5, 2018, 10:36 am

Programs: M&M, BA Silver, Accor LeClub Gold
Originally Posted by Porky Speedpig
I wonder if these flights will be subject to the same overflight restrictions imposed on Qatari flights by certain neighbouring countries? Maybe these will be treated as if they were BA's own.
The overflight restrictions apply to all Qatari registered aircraft so will apply to these flights even though they are operating for BA.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: BA Silver, SAS Silver, Oman Air Silver, Hilton Silver, Amex Gold
Hi, if anyone can give guidance, much appreciated since it's the first flight I've had that's been changed (doesn't look like such bad news, though...)

I booked economy from LHR to MCT, then MCT to LHR in premium economy and given the changes, I've been downgraded on the return flight. I called up and was told that, as a Silver member, I could have the 20,000 Avios points as mentioned earlier in this thread along with the fare difference. They mentioned, though, that I would get these after completing the flight and by putting in a manual claim. Is this typically how it's done?

Not looking a gift horse in the mouth, an instant 20,000 would be nicer given upcoming plans as I assumed that's how it done, but fair enough if I need to wait a bit
Old Jun 5, 2018, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by mickeyjaw
Since you'll get stung for an extra £78 APD + goodness knows how much extra YQ + twice as many avios, I'd say that UUA from WTP to CW would likely be much better value than UUA from WT to CW...
Using a gold upgrade voucher I paid 700 pounds for NCL-LHR-MCT-LHR-NCL all in J which I thought was good value.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 11:23 am

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Originally Posted by Mike P
140,000 Avios plus a ticket reprice to fly QR J rather than BA F. Wish I had been booked on one of these flights!
Plus the usual earning Avios! Goldmine

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.