Priority Luggage never offered?

Old Jun 5, 18, 3:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by duncgor View Post
Well sure enough her bag was third last bag to appear on the belt, and the first one with a “Priority” tag lol 😂. Leaves you wondering sometimes if the handlers see the tag and deliberately shove it to the back of the queue, heaven forbid such an attitude could exist in our esteemed handlers ...
I had to check a bag on a HKG-LHR a week or so ago. It was entertaining to see how the bags came out in identifiable batches. A priority can with First bags, another priority can or two with orange tags, a large batch of non-priority bags, then someone found another priority can (that had my bag in it).

I wasn't in that much of a rush that morning, and I did remind myself to be entertained by the demonstration, as normally my bag gets delivered much more quickly at LHR.
Old Jun 5, 18, 4:22 am

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by gav0106 View Post
Morning All

Not a big deal but on last 4 flights:

LHR-EDI - First Check In
LHR-WAW - First Check In
WAW-LHR
ABZ-LHR

No priority tags given, wife and I both Gold's.

In Warsaw agent said only give when ask and only if you finish in London, if transit they only out transit tags.

In LHR T3, the agent did not out tags, and then completely ignored me as he explained to my wife where the First lounge was, I must not have looked the right type for the First Lounge

Just wondered if there any reason for lack of tags?
As others have said I too have never noticed any real difference when my luggage has a BA/OW priorty baggage rag... There's always a wait while other baggage comes out. It's one of the reasons I don't do hold luggage anymore, it keeps me from getting frustrated at not getting what I'm supposed to and having to wait!
Old Jun 5, 18, 4:32 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK Elite
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
Very useful word round these parts. There was a great exchange on That Was The Week That Was - as recounted by Rt. Hon Lord Hattersley:
Not sure what parts you are frequenting, cws...

meretricious
Origin: early 17th century, from Latin meretricius (adjective meretrix, meretric- 'prostitute', from mereri 'be hired')
Old Jun 5, 18, 4:46 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Talking

Originally Posted by duncgor View Post
Well sure enough her bag was third last bag to appear on the belt, and the first one with a “Priority” tag lol 😂. Leaves you wondering sometimes if the handlers see the tag and deliberately shove it to the back of the queue, heaven forbid such an attitude could exist in our esteemed handlers....
Clearly, she should've gone with a fragile sign and check in last.
Originally Posted by DailyMail Australia
Waiting at the airport baggage carousel for your luggage to arrive can be one of the most frustrating experiences for impatient travellers. Luckily, savvy passengers have revealed a few tricks you can use to ensure your luggage arrives first - and you won't have to pay a cent.

One of the hacks to ensure you're not wasting time at baggage claim is to simply label your luggage 'fragile'. [...] It means the luggage will be typically loaded into the aircraft last, and therefore, come out first.
[...]
Another hack to help bump long luggage arrival wait times is to check in last. It will mean your luggage is loaded on to the an aircraft last and will likely be unloaded first.
Source: Airport hack ensures your suitcase arrives at baggage claim first | Daily Mail Online

Take notes. Fragile sign and checking in last.
Old Jun 7, 18, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Location: Berlin, Germany; Toronto, Canada; and SW Florida, USA
Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, and assorted others
The 'loaded last and offloaded first' is a bit of a myth. I have witnessed additional AKE/AKH rolling up at the cargo door at last minute, for example. And I know from many personal experiences that the sequence of these in the tow is often changed.