Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priority Luggage never offered?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2018, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by makin'miles
There were four passengers on a recent WDH-JNB service, including myself and a friend. Our four bags were the first onto the carousel. YMMV and this is one data point, but it appears Comair do prioritize baggage.
Good to know, thanks. That's been my experience fairly consistently with Comair/BA in Club, especially into SA airports.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
At ABZ and WAW the bins come off aircraft and get dumped on to the reclaim belts, everything is mixed together
I'm not sure whether it's purely down to luck as such but my bag is always amongst the first at WAW, and I believe that SK, AF and AZ all share the same handler (i.e. WAS). How they actually manage je ne sais pas but they somehow do (unless they get loaded separately at CPH/CDG/FCO? But I'm no expert so surely I'm wrong...). It works perfectly with LH/OS as well but they have a different handler (namely LS, same as the home carrier-LO). The Mrs has also always reported positive experiences with LH/OS/LO in that respect.

G
Old Jun 4, 2018, 5:08 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PAL62V
I just learnt a new word!!
I knew the word meretricious but not the term "AKE bin".

Googling that led me here so I am now much better informed about cargo containers than I was when I woke up this morning
Old Jun 4, 2018, 5:11 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Fitch
I knew the word meretricious but not the term "AKE bin".
An LD3 without forklift holes/half ALF. How can you not know that?
newyorklondon likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 6:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
When i flew LHR-SIN,

no tags were offered for me but bags with priority tags were first out.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 6:34 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
If they had worked, I'd say people might be inclined to carry a bit less in the cabin...
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 6:41 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
If they had worked, I'd say people might be inclined to carry a bit less in the cabin...
True - but then they'd have to promise not to lose them or damage them either.

I very rarely check bags - I only do so when I have been shopping and have foodstuffs or other items that would not go through security. I am also persuaded that the length of time that one waits for one's belongings depends rather on when the baggage Shift is near and Overtime beckons. OP it's a status item and nothing more.

I recall when there were different colour BPs in Europe - Blue for CE and Brown for the others.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 7:57 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
entirely meretricious
Originally Posted by PAL62V
I just learnt a new word!!
Very useful word round these parts. There was a great exchange on That Was The Week That Was - as recounted by Rt. Hon Lord Hattersley:

Originally Posted by Roy Hattersley
Ned Sherrin - producer, 30 years ago, of That Was The Week That Was - recalls a programme in which Richard Adams, author of Watership Down, told Vidal that his work was meretricious. "I beg your pardon," said Gore. "Meretricious," Adams repeated. "Meretricious." Vidal smiled - like many handsome men he smiles a lot. Then he replied: "Meretricious to you and a happy new year."
HIDDY, wrp96, subject2load and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 8:24 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
What are the four routes in the First baggage trial? I thought it was just JFK..

I'm flying IAD - LHR next week in F - will I get my small bag unnecessarily taken off the carousel for me
Old Jun 4, 2018, 8:33 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by noFODplease
What are the four routes in the First baggage trial? I thought it was just JFK..

I'm flying IAD - LHR next week in F - will I get my small bag unnecessarily taken off the carousel for me
JFK, LAX, DXB, and JNB
Old Jun 4, 2018, 8:35 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by newyorklondon
Does anyone happen to know if the Club/Priority tags on Comair-operated BA flights actually get the bags expedited? They appear to come out ahead of the rest (in DUR/CPT/JNB anyway). Mind you, I find the whole BA/Comair Club experience significantly better than BA CE in most instances.
Yes, the Club tags on Comair definitely do work. And that's from experience at CPT, PLZ, JNB (both dom and int) and LVI.
newyorklondon likes this.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 8:44 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by Frequent_Flyer1
It’s labelled in the barcode so just enforce that ground staff put it in an extra container as other airlines do. With LX/LH, most of the time it works well!? Certainly better than BA
I don't see the point. BA should address the slow delivery of bags first. What's the point in having priority tags if they take 50 minutes to get the first bags of the flight onto the belt?
Old Jun 4, 2018, 8:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Probably that many passengers with 'priority' on every flight nowadays some are bound to get cheesed off when their bags aren't off first.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 10:44 am

I don't see the point. BA should address the slow delivery of bags first. What's the point in having priority tags if they take 50 minutes to get the first bags of the flight onto the belt?
Perhaps we should be campaigning for EC261 compensation to be based on baggage delivery time rather than doors open time?
Old Jun 4, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), IHG Rewards (Gold Elite), Marriot (Gold Elite), HHonors (Gold Elite), SPG (Gold)
The GF checked a bag the other week on our CE ABZ-LHR and got a Priority tag.

i was sitting thinking “Hold on, I’m pretty sure FTers have highlighted before that there is no Priority Handling SH into LHR”.

Well sure enough her bag was third last bag to appear on the belt, and the first one with a “Priority” tag lol 😂. Leaves you wondering sometimes if the handlers see the tag and deliberately shove it to the back of the queue, heaven forbid such an attitude could exist in our esteemed handlers....
auldlassie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.