FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Percy Pig at risk of removal from BoB menu due to Government health initiative? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1912451-percy-pig-risk-removal-bob-menu-due-government-health-initiative.html)

Sixth Freedom Jun 3, 2018 11:32 am

Percy Pig at risk of removal from BoB menu due to Government health initiative?

Everybody who flies shorthaul and reads the BOB menu knows that on every flight a famous passenger is aboard (but don't tell anyone ;)) - Percy Pig. Yet according to the Daily Mail, "Percy Pig could be BANNED by health secretary Jeremy Hunt".

[/clickbait] :D:D:D

NWIFlyer Jun 3, 2018 11:43 am

The title of this thread has been altered to more accurately reflect the story (not that it could realistically have less accurately represented it, frankly ...).

Thread Titles

Please create thread titles that are specific and descriptive and that contain an accurate (not misleading or sensational) characterization of the topic. If you wish to change your thread's title, please contact a moderator. Moderators may also edit thread titles to clarify content.

/mod

bisonrav Jun 3, 2018 11:54 am

For one awful moment there I thought bacon rolls were on the hitlist :(

duncgor Jun 3, 2018 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by bisonrav (Post 29823993)

your favourite in ET Y 😉, it would seem you’re safe @bisonrav. Don’t know how you’d cope on your GGL quest without your favourite SH snack.

Sixth Freedom Jun 3, 2018 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer (Post 29823972)
The title of this thread has been altered to more accurately reflect the story (not that it could realistically have less accurately represented it, frankly ...).

^:D

For the record of history it was something like "Famous BA passenger at risk of attack from government minister"! :D:)

Thanks for keeping me compliant NWIFlyer. ^:)

Greenpen Jun 3, 2018 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by bisonrav (Post 29823993)

I wish they would go; they are dry, tasteless and full of that white stuff but at least they are not as awful as the omelet rolls!

bisonrav Jun 3, 2018 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by duncgor (Post 29824029)

your favourite in ET Y 😉, it would seem you’re safe @bisonrav. Don’t know how you’d cope on your GGL quest without your favourite SH snack.

Indeed. I mean bugger LPGS, some things are genuinely important.

Mind you, on a similar tack, hopefully BA will ban Jamie Oliver from 241s.

msm2000uk Jun 4, 2018 2:34 am

In the current climate where vegetarianism and veganism are so popular, I'm surprised BA doesn't stock M&S sweets made with a vegetarian friendly gelatine - that would at least keep a multitude of people happy!

M

corporate-wage-slave Jun 4, 2018 3:15 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk (Post 29826140)
In the current climate where vegetarianism and veganism are so popular,

14% of the UK say they are vegetarian (source: Gresham College), 2% actually are when you check the output(!) and that hasn't changed in a decade (source: NDNS) and meat consumption per head is rising (source: OECD).

signol Jun 4, 2018 5:10 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk (Post 29826140)
In the current climate where vegetarianism and veganism are so popular, I'm surprised BA doesn't stock M&S sweets made with a vegetarian friendly gelatine - that would at least keep a multitude of people happy!

I'd be more worried about providing for those with food allergies - they don't have a choice in what to eat.

signol

Calum Jun 4, 2018 5:25 am

Originally Posted by signol (Post 29826393)
I'd be more worried about providing for those with food allergies - they don't have a choice in what to eat.

signol

A significant amount of vegans are vegans for health reasons. With that said, the vegan "movement" will die off over the next 2-3 years, as the a decent size of the moral vegans are more than willing to eat lab grown meat. People who want to be vegan but don't want to give up meat will jump on the lab grown meat boat.

As for the topic at hand, it's just another example of the nanny state at it's finest. Sales of Percy pigs will explode if they get a firm ban.

BA6948 Jun 4, 2018 5:30 am

Originally Posted by signol (Post 29826393)

signol

I'd be more worried about sticking enough food on those longer flights. Complaints about passengers going hungry on return flights from the likes of MAD, MXP, MUC, JTR, JMK, ATH, IST, JMK have spiked lately. Not so good!

FlyingScientist Jun 4, 2018 5:43 am

Originally Posted by Sixth Freedom (Post 29824128)
^:D

For the record of history it was something like "Famous BA passenger at risk of attack from government minister"! :D:)

Nobody got worried about CWS? ;)