Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Fiji Airways - new BAEC partner incl. earn/burn and status benefits (start date TBC)

Fiji Airways - new BAEC partner incl. earn/burn and status benefits (start date TBC)

Old Feb 1, 2019, 7:39 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
We now have a date for completing the oneworld Connect integration for Fiji: before the end of March 2019.
Source: oneworld press release today:
https://www.oneworld.com/news/As-one...s-and-airlines
EuropeanPete and email2markt like this.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 4:04 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
We now have a date for completing the oneworld Connect integration for Fiji: before the end of March 2019.
Thanks! I'll be there April/ May, so I might hold off a few bookings/ look at seeing whether I can book some flex tickets.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 3:57 am

Programs: BA Silver
I know that this is only partially related to this thread, so feel free to move it to a more appropriate place. I was fed-up waiting to be able to use Avios on Fiji Airways so last week I paid for a one-way trip from Samoa to Sydney (via Nadi). I have now checked and the same flights are Ł50 cheaper. I assume there is nothing I can do to recoup this difference, but I was wondering if there are any tips to prevent this happening again? Thanks
Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by 99flying
I know that this is only partially related to this thread, so feel free to move it to a more appropriate place. I was fed-up waiting to be able to use Avios on Fiji Airways so last week I paid for a one-way trip from Samoa to Sydney (via Nadi). I have now checked and the same flights are Ł50 cheaper. I assume there is nothing I can do to recoup this difference, but I was wondering if there are any tips to prevent this happening again? Thanks
Dont look at the price of flights after you have booked.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 5:29 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, IC Plat RA, Fairmont Plat...
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Thanks! I'll be there April/ May, so I might hold off a few bookings/ look at seeing whether I can book some flex tickets.
When I called the BA Gold line they thought it would be 2020 when avios redemptions would be available for Fiji - this was about a week ago.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 1:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Meh. Thanks for the update. Better figure out how to draw money early from my pension fund after all then.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Time is ticking on this deadline...
Old Mar 29, 2019, 3:39 am

Well this is pretty much the end of March- any news anyone?
Non Compos Mentis likes this.
Old Mar 29, 2019, 4:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I was just gonna ask, because it has always been a place I wanted to see!
Old Mar 29, 2019, 5:42 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
I was wondering the same....
Old Apr 2, 2019, 10:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, Avis Presidents Club
I have two flights with FJ over the next week - AKL-NAN-SIN.

Any info on whether I can get lounge access, priority boarding, ideally some Avios? I've heard & seen nothing from the airline...

Edit - just seen this: https://www.fijiairways.com/en-gb/one-world-connect/
"From the 5th of December 2018, customers with Emerald, Sapphire or Ruby status in any oneworld® member airline’s frequent flyer programme can use priority check-in desks, where available, when flying in any cabin class on Fiji Airways. While customers with Emerald or Sapphire status in any oneworld® member airline’s frequent flyer programme will also be offered priority boarding when flying on Fiji Airways. "

But also in the footnotes...
  1. Benefits to customers from British Airways, Cathay Pacific and Qantas phased in from 5 December 2018. A date for when these benefits will be applicable to American Airlines customers will be announced in due course.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DeanB
I have two flights with FJ over the next week - AKL-NAN-SIN.

Any info on whether I can get lounge access, priority boarding, ideally some Avios? I've heard & seen nothing from the airline...
Above post 94 link has a table on lounge access. It is not simple
Please report back how it works out.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/30507350-post94.html
Old Apr 3, 2019, 2:10 am

Was refused priority boarding today as OWS on an FJ flight at NAN, despite the clear OneWorld signage of a priority lane at the gate and clear tannoy announcements. Was told that it was “because the plane was a twin Otter” which it wasn’t- actually an ATR-72.
Slightly disappointing but had better things to do than discuss further, and waiting an extra 5 min didn’t exactly spoil my day!
Old Apr 3, 2019, 4:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, 1MM
As a family, all with OWE or OWS status with AA, we were welcomed into the lounge in December 2018 for a flight NAN-SYD in Y, even though the benefits for AA members had not yet been introduced.
EuropeanPete and george77300 like this.
Old Apr 4, 2019, 6:35 pm

Looks like I'm out of time. I have about 700 tier points on Fiji Airways in the next few months that I'm now going to guess that I'm never going to see.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.