Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Fiji Airways - new BAEC partner incl. earn/burn and status benefits (start date TBC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fiji Airways - new BAEC partner incl. earn/burn and status benefits (start date TBC)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
Using Avios to Fly on Fiji Airways

Pardon my confusion - I wasn't able to book a flight on Fiji Airways on the BA site using my avios. I called BA and was told it wasn't possible. What am i missing here?
Old Nov 28, 2018, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by jjayakumar
Pardon my confusion - I wasn't able to book a flight on Fiji Airways on the BA site using my avios. I called BA and was told it wasn't possible. What am i missing here?
Hi,

As Fiji airways is not yet part of Oneworld connect, and is not a BA partner you will not be able to redeem miles yet.

Regards

TBS
Old Nov 28, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: SPG Gold
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

As Fiji airways is not yet part of Oneworld connect, and is not a BA partner you will not be able to redeem miles yet.

Regards

TBS
Thank you for the prompt reply. Is there any anticipated date for FA to join Oneworld connect.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 1:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jjayakumar
Thank you for the prompt reply. Is there any anticipated date for FA to join Oneworld connect.
Not yet. It seems that (as is often the case) the announcement was made for PR purposes, well before the technical details had been worked through.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 4:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Originally Posted by Ldnn1

Not yet. It seems that (as is often the case) the announcement was made for PR purposes, well before the technical details had been worked through.
Sigh. So - nearly 6 months on - and still waiting.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 8:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Not sure if it was mentioned before, but it's possible to earn avios and TP when booking Fiji Airways on QF codes (when available). Amount of avios was very small but better than nothing. I was hoping FJ will become full flung partner quicker but in the end I just paid for flights with cash and they weren't cheap.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 8:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, IC Plat RA, Fairmont Plat...
I asked Fiji and they said the launch will be next week
Old Dec 1, 2018, 10:07 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by r281
I asked Fiji and they said the launch will be next week
hmmmmmmmm..... for some reasons i'm not too convinced of their answer to you, but i'd hope so
Old Dec 1, 2018, 10:23 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by clubeurope
hmmmmmmmm..... for some reasons i'm not too convinced of their answer to you, but i'd hope so
There is the big press conference/anniversary event with oneworld, so that adds some plausibility to it.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 12:33 pm

Seems that Fiji Airways has updated their homepage: https://www.fijiairways.com/en-us/one-world-connect/

Very interesting here is no. 4:
"The ability for British Airways Executive Club Members to redeem Avios points on Fiji Airways and for Cathay Pacific Marco Polo Club members to earn or redeem club points or earn status points on Fiji Airways will be available shortly after 5 December 2018, from a date to be announced in due course by the airlines concerned."
Old Dec 5, 2018, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
And to come ... Royal Air Maroc!

https://thepointsguy.com/news/royal-...orld-alliance/

"Royal Air Maroc is joining the Oneworld alliance, the airline said in a press conference Wednesday.
The Moroccan flag carrier will be the first full member airline to join the group in six years. It will be implemented into the alliance beginning in mid-2020 and is currently a “member elect.”
oneworld is really living up to its name.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 12:42 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The Fiji content is also now on the oneworld website, which I checked a few days ago and was empty.

https://www.oneworld.com/oneworld-connect

In addition to the Fiji content there is a ferociously complex chart for the lounges in the region.

https://www.oneworld.com/documents/1...=1544035908000
Old Dec 5, 2018, 12:54 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, IC Plat RA, Fairmont Plat...
So it looks like if you are a BA Gold travelling on FJ with an AA flight number you can't use the lounge
Old Dec 5, 2018, 1:03 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by r281
So it looks like if you are a BA Gold travelling on FJ with an AA flight number you can't use the lounge
Temporarily yes, AA will be joined in later, but their IT department is pleading initiative overload at the moment, hence a delay until probably March 2019.
Old Dec 5, 2018, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PrimaVista
Cheapest way I've managed, and done it twice now, is an OSL-LHR-SIN-SYD-AKL return on BA/QF in J for about £2600; then a separate AKL-NAN nested in on FJ, booked through expedia.co.nz on QF code, for around £900. Pick wisely and you'll get their A330s.

Seems to be good for the rest of the year.
Aust/NZ to Fiji is competitive holiday (sand & beach) market. People will chose one airline over another for $10. Hotel & flight packages can be good value
To me always better to book direct with the airline over an OTA
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nadi_I...tional_Airport

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.