Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Fiji Airways - new BAEC partner incl. earn/burn and status benefits (start date TBC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fiji Airways - new BAEC partner incl. earn/burn and status benefits (start date TBC)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:06 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
On BA codeshares definitely yes to TPs and now in place. For Fiji Airways prime flight codes, there is the statement of intent to award TPs but it's not plugged into the system yet. Best to keep an eye on this thread to see what happens there and the timing.
Keen to find out when this integration takes place! Have a trip planned in Feb and debating whether to book QF or FJ now, or wait and see if Avios seats open up or promotional BA fares etc.....
Old Sep 29, 2018, 6:36 am

Programs: BA GGL
A friend of mine will be flying Hong Kong to Fiji, likely on Fiji Airways, in April/May next year. If he has a silver/gold BA card (he doesn't at present, but this may see his travel plans alter accordingly), will this permit lounge access - or will this be dependent on with which carrier the booking is made? Thanks for info.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mmxbreaks
A friend of mine will be flying Hong Kong to Fiji, likely on Fiji Airways, in April/May next year. If he has a silver/gold BA card (he doesn't at present, but this may see his travel plans alter accordingly), will this permit lounge access - or will this be dependent on with which carrier the booking is made? Thanks for info.
As it stands right now, no benefits, because the oneworld connect partnership has not yet come into effect. However if it does before April - which is certainly possible but not yet known - then he is likely to have lounge access in Fiji. I would also think it would include Hong Kong, given both QF and CX are fellow sponsors along with BA. The access details haven’t yet been confirmed though.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 7:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Following with a sense of curiosity more than anything specific. The price is likely to dissuade us, but it might offer the opportunity for a Round The World 2-4-1 ... or is that in the realms of fantasy? Can that even be done? LHR-LAX-NAN-SIN-LHR?
Old Sep 29, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Having just returned from Cook Islands and wanting to visit Samoa this is great news. I haven’t seen a lot of choice for QF flights around the Pacific Islands (JetStar has a few) and NZ fares can be punchy for premium classes. Slightly tempted by a HNL TP run and a Hawaiian flight to Pago Pago, but that’s $2k in biz.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 5:48 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Having just returned from Cook Islands and wanting to visit Samoa this is great news. I haven’t seen a lot of choice for QF flights around the Pacific Islands (JetStar has a few) and NZ fares can be punchy for premium classes. Slightly tempted by a HNL TP run and a Hawaiian flight to Pago Pago, but that’s $2k in biz.
I'd just flag that Samoa and American Samoa (where Pago Pago is) are two different places. Getting to the latter is a little tricky from what I recall unless you have a US, UK or Aussie passport.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 5:54 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
Originally Posted by MP001
Will IAG ever be interested in having Aer Lingus connected to Oneworld?
As impossible as it is I would love to see Flybe and Loganair in OW.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by T8191
Following with a sense of curiosity more than anything specific. The price is likely to dissuade us, but it might offer the opportunity for a Round The World 2-4-1 ... or is that in the realms of fantasy? Can that even be done? LHR-LAX-NAN-SIN-LHR?
No, because the 2-4-1 voucher can only be used on BA metal, not BA codeshares.
T8191 likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 7:37 am

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
Originally Posted by Ldnn1

I just recently learned that the 241 flight is only on Avios flights.
Old Oct 2, 2018, 8:27 am

A bit confused. From reading this thread, seems NOW, one can earn Avios and TPs if the flight is a BA codeshare but operated by FJ, but not if the flight is booked directly with FJ?
Old Oct 2, 2018, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Ldnn1

Of course ... silly old me ☹️
Old Oct 2, 2018, 12:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
A bit confused. From reading this thread, seems NOW, one can earn Avios and TPs if the flight is a BA codeshare but operated by FJ, but not if the flight is booked directly with FJ?
Correct. You always earn avios and TPs on a flight booked as a BA flight number (in an eligible booking class).

If not booked as a BA flight number, you only earn if the flight is one of the earning partners listed here. Fiji Airways is not yet one of those.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 7:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Gold, IC Plat RA, Fairmont Plat...
I booked LAX-NAN for end of May 2019 in Y via the AA codeshare on Fiji.
As a BA Gold will I be able to access the Qantas First lounge at LAX?
Old Nov 28, 2018, 8:35 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by r281
If the OW Connect scheme has come into effect by that time, then I would be inclined to believe so, if not then no, because the codeshare would have to be both marketed and operated by a OW airline
Old Nov 28, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by r281
No - at least that was the case a few years ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.