Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

LHR Terminal 3: Is there a survival guide for BA travellers?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR Terminal 3: Is there a survival guide for BA travellers?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2018, 5:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by jerub
All my frequent flying has been from Terminal 5, and having tasted the fruit of the First Wing, I'm suddenly feeling berift, like the best thing about my trip has suddenly been enhanced.
I must admit (and no offence) reading the title of your thread as well as the content I thought you must be a newbie around here, but not so. plenty of threads around re T3 and the excellent lounge options available to GCHs. I would take T3 any day over T5 purely for the First lounges which I find nicer than the CCR too,
Old Jun 3, 2018, 5:57 am

BA have confirmed in a video iirc that a First Wing of sorts will open in t3. This is going to be some kind of shared facility with AA. I think they also mentioned improving the t3/t5 connection system, though without any specifics.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 6:01 am

Originally Posted by jerub
Also required: which lounge should I go to? Perhaps if that person with 6 family members completed his lounge crawl by now he'd know?
I'd give CX & QF a go for sure. Give yourself enough time and you could try both.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 7:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by clubman
I must admit (and no offence) reading the title of your thread as well as the content I thought you must be a newbie around here, but not so. plenty of threads around re T3 and the excellent lounge options available to GCHs. I would take T3 any day over T5 purely for the First lounges which I find nicer than the CCR too,
As with all things. Experience and comfort varies with more experiences. I've simply never flown from T3.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 8:38 am

Programs: AA - EXP 1MM, Marriott/SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, BA, DL, TWA Royal Ambassador
Triple Agree with secretplantofightinflation! Lounge Hopping is in order... QF has a gin bar.. Great meals in CX. Though with the Dim Sum, I prefer to walk to the business side and create my own dipping sauces and carry them back to FC lounge.... Best Potato Chips(Crips) in BA & AA. Best shower in CX!

Originally Posted by secretplantofightinflation
IMO T3 is a better experience than T5 (assuming you do not need to transfer between the two).
certainly from a lounge perspective, you will have access to AA, BA, QF and CX (which is one of the best in the Oneworld network).
newyorklondon likes this.

Last edited by MarJon; Jun 3, 2018 at 8:41 am Reason: Splng

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.