Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fickle Stepdaughter

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2018, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by JAXBA
Daft suggestions like this...
The tone in this forum can really feel quite bullying sometimes.

Last edited by newyorklondon; Jun 3, 2018 at 8:56 am
Old Jun 3, 2018, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by newyorklondon
The tone in this forum can really feel quite bullying sometimes.
Really, why do you think that, is it because we don’t agree with you?
Old Jun 3, 2018, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you

Really, why do you think that, is it because we don’t agree with you?
No. Disagreement on an internet forum is par for the course. Calling contributions 'daft' undermines the opinion of the contributor; there's really no need for it. What does it add to JAXBA's otherwise perfectly valid post?
Old Jun 3, 2018, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Respect to you for that reply.
newyorklondon likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 10:40 am

Maybe it's just me, but if I were in that situation the young lady would have 2 options:

a) I paid for it, you're going.

b) You're paying me back in full.

Or maybe I'm just the opening on the south end of a north-bound moose. (I am, I admit it freely. Wife reminds me all the time. ) All I'm really saying is it sucks that OP is now out the money for the ticket "just because." It'd be different if work came up, or something like that which is unavoidable. It still sucks, but things happen. Just changing your mind, well... that would not please me.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 10:54 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by thunderlounge
Maybe it's just me, but if I were in that situation the young lady would have 2 options:

a) I paid for it, you're going.

b) You're paying me back in full.

Just changing your mind, well... that would not please me.
At last someone has said it. She sounds like a charmer. You refer to them as "kids" and yet this "kid" simply changes her mind and you are out of pocket?

In so far as this concerns BA - their rules are quite clear. As far as Madam is concerned, then there seems to be something very amiss with a relationship whereby she can just decide that she does not want to go. Her behaviour is her Mother's business and frankly she is the one who should be bearing the cost of this. In the interim, you are out of pocket and I trust that this is the last time that you spend so much as a brass tack on her charming daughter. Actions have consequences

This is not a BA problem, it is your relationship that is the problem from what you are telling us.
PAL62V likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2018, 11:07 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Folks, as the OP has received wide and varied advice - which I’m sure he’ll filter into practical and implausible and act accordingly - regrettably the tone of the thread has turned both rather personal and more than a little off-topic.

Consequently, it’s time for the padlock.

/mod
newyorklondon likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.