Wiki Posts
Search

Seat selection on AA as BA Gold

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2018, 11:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Seat selection on AA as BA Gold

Just booked a US domestic itinerary on AA (economy) and was very pleased with the seat selection process. Actual booking was using Ultimate Rewards points but used the AA confirmation number to access my booking on the AA website and enter my BA FF number. Their system must communicate with BA instantly (or else they have a database of OW elites) because I was immediately able to select any premium seat (including MCE) in the economy cabin for free, for both myself and my son traveling with me. Anyway, just a very positive experience and pleased with the benefits AA gives BA elites and with the speed and efficiency of how this was done. Good job!!

(Moderators, feel free to merge if there is a thread on this. I searched but couldn't find anything.)
Old Jun 1, 2018, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
We have been very pleased with AA’s treatment of us as BA Gold/OWE. Not sure about details, but we seem to get good treatment that others in our cabins (Biz/Dom F) don’t seem to get.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 1:37 pm

I've always been treated significantly better by AA flying as a BA Gold than I have by BA when flying BA.

Obviously I can't speak to how BA treats its GGL and premier customers, or any other Golds for that matter.
T8191 and Expatbear like this.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 2:01 pm

Programs: Mucci, Diamond Status & on the Supreme Council des Conseillers, BA Ag, Bonvoy GFL/Plat, xVS Au
This works for OWS also. Very useful to get the MCE seats. Don't forget the free baggage allowance on domestics also (saves $25 a flight).
Old Jun 1, 2018, 9:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by gliderpilot
Don't forget the free baggage allowance on domestics also (saves $25 a flight).
And quite a bit of inconvenience at check-in.
Old Jun 2, 2018, 12:11 am

Programs: BAEC bouncing from Blue to Gold to Blue VSFC Red CXGreen Club Accor Platinum Hilton Silver.
I find I'm well treated as a BA Gold on all the oneworld airlines I have travelled with... except BA strangely
John
T8191 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.