Wiki Posts
Search

BA728 LHR to GVA 1 June cancellation

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2018, 1:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
BA728 LHR to GVA 1 June cancellation

Does anyone know the official reason for today’s (1 June) cancellation of BA728 LHR/GVA?

Many thanks in advance.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 1:13 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by strawberryflyer
Does anyone know the official reason for today’s (1 June) cancellation of BA728 LHR/GVA?

Many thanks in advance.
ExpertFlyer reports as follows:

DOBA728/01JUN
* OPERATIONAL FLIGHT INFO * BA 728 0 FR 01JUN18
CITY INFO HOUR (LOCAL)

FLIGHT CANCELLED 1716
WEAT
*1A PLANNED FLIGHT INFO* BA 728 0 FR 01JUN18
I would think it is a decent guess that the cancellation code of WEAT = Weather.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 1:18 am
Original Poster

Great, many thanks.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 1:23 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I can see a few cancellations today (EDI, GVA, LIN, DUS, LBA, LAX, CDG, BRU, SJC), with SJC and LAX being cancelled some days ago due to the 787 issue. I was half expecting rather more but it may be the pattern of thundery showers will avoid LHR. So this will either be down to a small amount of pro-active cancellations to reduce the pressure on LHR, or due to weather at or en route to GVA. Yesterday congestion over European air space seemed quite bad.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 1:39 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. Much appreciated.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 2:07 am

Programs: BA Silver
But odd that only BA flights appear to be being cancelled, could it be aircraft and crews out of place from yesterday? Was supposed to have been on the 0728 myself!
Old Jun 1, 2018, 2:50 am

Programs: On Sabbatical, BA Bronze
Beautiful day in GVA at the moment but the weather has been highly volatile this week. Sunny one minute, hail storm the next.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 3:23 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yesterday congestion over European air space seemed quite bad.
It was indeed very bad for congestion across Europe yesterday as I was unlucky to be caught up in it on a LHR-LUX-LHR flight. We boarded on time at T3 for an 18.10 departure but the app was showing us landing 1hr late at 21.20 (instead of 20.30, and despite the Captain telling ATC we were ready to go on our original departure time), we had to wait the full hour at the gate before being cleared for take-off. On the return we aimed for a 22.11 departure (instead of the scheduled 21.30) but only pushed at 23.10 and arrived back into LHR at 23.25. Thankfully we got away as LUX was having runway maintenance conducted last night and was due to close around 23.30 from what the Captain told us.

Pilot37

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.