Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Class action case over fuel surcharge results in Avios distribution (US members only)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Class action case over fuel surcharge results in Avios distribution (US members only)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2018, 8:22 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by IMH
I'm guessing they have thousands of emails like yours (and mine) to deal with. Given that for some reason their first, automated searches of their records didn't come up with our names and redemptions, it may well take some time for someone to check the details we've given them against those records. I'm not expecting to hear back for a week or two.
That's my feeling too. We moved from the UK to the US during the Class Action period so I suspect we were ruled out because our BAEC address was originally in the UK. Thankfully I have all the receipts for redemptions made from 2011-2013 once we were in the US and using our US address/US BAEC address. I emailed yesterday and have set a reminder to chase in 4 weeks if I've not heard back by then.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Petroleum
$68 or 12,500 Avios. Given I struggle to use the Avios and am collecting them frequently on someone else's dime, I'm just taking the cash, even though I know it values them at diddly squat. Still money for jam.
Old Jun 5, 2018, 10:11 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
Has anyone had success in obtaining their Unique ID number from the claims website email address? The phone number is simply pre-recorded information and I've emailed them twice, without any reply. Suggestions?
Old Jun 5, 2018, 10:15 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
They're probably just swamped. I sent an E-mail about a matter related to my settlement Friday afternoon and have yet to hear anything at all.
Nicksta likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by Nicksta
Has anyone had success in obtaining their Unique ID number from the claims website email address? The phone number is simply pre-recorded information and I've emailed them twice, without any reply. Suggestions?
My suggestion? Patience.

As I said two posts above yours, I'm not expecting to hear anything in response to my email for several weeks.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 10:19 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by golfmad
Patience. [...] I'm not expecting to hear anything [...] for several weeks.
Or longer, if more people than I imagined have already "emailed them twice".
golfmad likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by IMH
Or longer, if more people than I imagined have already "emailed them twice".
Well, I was wrong. Much to my surprise I received my Class Action Member Identifier this evening.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 9:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA Plat, Starwood Gold, AX Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Star Alliance Gold
I received mine this evening, too. And for the rest of the family. $3,300 coming this way. T'was worth two emails.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 11:08 pm
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

I received the identifier for my husband. It wasn't much, 12,500 or $250. Then, again, it was easy. Imagine all the people who don't know to do this and are leaving money on the table. This community really helps us maximize benefits.
golfmad likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2018, 11:12 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by golfmad
Well, I was wrong. Much to my surprise I received my Class Action Member Identifier this evening.
Me too (both wrong and now equipped with an ID).
Old Jun 6, 2018, 11:30 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777

I sent them an email as I didn’t receive the original email either, but still no reply. Have you heard back yet?
I sent email on June 2nd and got a reply today.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 7:10 am

^Same here. Took 4-5 days, but I did just receive the notice, with my unique ID.

12,500 avios, or, $289.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 11:53 am

Programs: BA Executive Gold, QF Bronze
Only received my email yesterday and unique number was in the email - surprised - 20,000 miles or $555 - taking the cash option.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 5:18 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Etihad Gold, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton honors Silver
My offer: 20,000 Avios, $419 cash. Took the cash. Didn't receive an email initially but the administrator sent me my identifier 3 days after I sent my details in. No problem submitting my cash claim. Silver lining of BA's worst-in-class fees- 16.9% can still amount to meaningful cabbage.
Old Jun 7, 2018, 10:09 pm

20k Avios or $20. I had a LHR-BRU-LHR flight, a couple SJU-CCS and one or two MCI-DFW and MCI-ORD. Although doubt those AA flights counted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.