Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WT+ on 747

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2018, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

WT+ on 747

I'm flying LHR to Chicago on a BA748 in WTP and have paid for our preferred seats. I have seen that there is a reward availability to upgrade to CW for 48000 Avios plus fees (for two). We don’t have any BA status so could easily end up in the middle seats. We have never flown WT+ so don’t have anything to compare. Is it worth paying the equivalent of £600 (Avios at a conservative 1p each plus tax and fees) to upgrade a daytime flight from a “two” in WT+ to possible middle seats in CW?
Old May 31, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Which way?

For a day flight, it depends on how much you value the £600 but £300pp each way is a great deal in cash terms. Ultimately though it's not that long, you won't need to sleep much, and you'd have to be very large indeed to feel cramped by WTP (although Club does allow you to stretch out).

Overnight, it makes sleeping much, much easier - don't think of it as paying for a better seat, but for a better experience after you land in the UK.

I'd think carefully about doing the day flight if I had other plans for the cash or avios but the overnight is pretty much a no-brainer, middle seats be damned.
CloudGazer likes this.
Old May 31, 2018, 2:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
The jump in product from WT+ to CW is significantly more than from WT to WT+. It's hard to suggest whether it's worth it or not for you though, that's pretty subjective. Depends on what else you might use the Avios for or how fast you tend to earn Avios.

​​Note that BA only have 747-400s, there are no 747-800 in the fleet.
Definitas likes this.
Old May 31, 2018, 2:36 pm
Original Poster

WT+ to CW Avios Upgrade

Originally Posted by CloudGazer
The jump in product from WT+ to CW is significantly more than from WT to WT+. It's hard to suggest whether it's worth it or not for you though, that's pretty subjective. Depends on what else you might use the Avios for or how fast you tend to earn Avios.

​​Note that BA only have 747-400s, there are no 747-800 in the fleet.
I should have said that I have upgraded the overnight return leg but am husbanding my Avios for a hoped for AMEX 2-4-1 towards the end of the year so was looking for hard comparisons between WT+ and CW

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.