Wiki Posts
Search

T3 lounge crawl

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2018, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
T3 lounge crawl

By my reckoning there are 5 lounges I could visit in t3 (as an owe with mrs firstlight as an ows). With a party of six is there any restriction on guesting that would stop all six of us getting breakfast?
Old May 31, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: BA Gold, *A Gold, IHG Platinum
Unless I’ve misunderstood, you’d only be able to take one guest into each lounge - meaning two of your party will be left outside looking in.
Old May 31, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Hertz President's Circle, HHonors Diamond
You’ll only be able to take one guest in each, unless your party are flying J or F.
Old May 31, 2018, 8:20 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
Or are you looking to secrete them in the various lounges?

(can you do that? E.g. 1 OWE and 5 extras = 1: GF 2: GC 3: CX F 4: QF and 5: AA.)
Old May 31, 2018, 8:27 am

Programs: BAEC
As you have 2 card holders, then you can get everyone in. Both you and your wife guest a person into the BA (or QF or AA) J lounge (that's 2 people), and then you both guest a person into the CX J lounge (another 2 people), then you and your wife can use the CX/AA/BA F lounge.

There are 7 lounges you can use, Cathay, American and BA all have 2 lounges, a First & Business section, and then Qantas have a shared F&J lounge.
Old May 31, 2018, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by shefgab
As you have 2 card holders, then you can get everyone in. Both you and your wife guest a person into the BA (or QF or AA) J lounge (that's 2 people), and then you both guest a person into the CX J lounge (another 2 people), then you and your wife can use the CX/AA/BA F lounge.
Whilst it is physically possible, it does seem to stretch the intended benefit of allowing one guest per status card holder somewhat
Old May 31, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by rossmacd
Whilst it is physically possible, it does seem to stretch the intended benefit of allowing one guest per status card holder somewhat
IIRC the guest is supposed to leave when the cardholder leaves.
orbitmic likes this.
Old May 31, 2018, 8:44 am

Wouldn't BA ultimately find out when they receive the bill for these lounge visits and see different guests in each lounge? Not sure what they would so though.
Old May 31, 2018, 8:50 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Originally Posted by Calloway
Wouldn't BA ultimately find out when they receive the bill for these lounge visits and see different guests in each lounge? Not sure what they would so though.
At least one of those airlines mentioned share the information with BA so it will be known that you have already used it up, Unfortunately its suggestions of how to game the system which spoil it for everyone else
Old May 31, 2018, 9:08 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by rossmacd
I'm not condoning the behaviour, simply giving the OP the information they believe they already have! Is there anything in the T&C about guesting someone into lounge A, and someone else into lounge B? (maybe there is....I have no idea. The OP didn't say what program his wife is on). Is there a clause against lounge hopping in general? With or without a guest? I've certainly been to places where my boarding pass has been stamped with "lounge access used" (or similar) to make sure that you don't lounge hop, although it's pretty uncommon to get the stamp. I imagine it's not a worry for most airlines in most places as very few people lounge hop. I'm sure they also know that some people love doing it, and maintain their status to allow them to do so, so it's not entirely detrimental to the airlines. Sorry, lots of questions and hypothesising
Old May 31, 2018, 9:12 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by cgtechuk
At least one of those airlines mentioned share the information with BA so it will be known that you have already used it up, Unfortunately its suggestions of how to game the system which spoil it for everyone else
Bit over dramatic? I think this type of guesting is a very rare occurrence... I certainly wouldn't split up the party to leave individual friends by themselves in different lounges.

Not everything people discuss on an Internet forum is taken up by the wider population...
Old May 31, 2018, 9:17 am

Programs: Mucci de l'Arbitrage
Answer: no there aren’t, from a logistics perspective.

I don’t particularly care if you are arbing the system, if you are spoiling it for me/others, or if this is morally reprehensible (it’s your problem at the end of the day).

But if I was travelling as a party of 6 I would not want to split the party in 2 or 3 groups for the sake of a free toast and a piece of smoked salmon.
markle likes this.
Old May 31, 2018, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
We are doing a 'ramsay' i.e. we are in j/f, adult children are in wt - thanks for info everyone
Old May 31, 2018, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by LCY8737

Bit over dramatic? I think this type of guesting is a very rare occurrence... I certainly wouldn't split up the party to leave individual friends by themselves in different lounges.

Not everything people discuss on an Internet forum is taken up by the wider population...
Given the desire of BA to cut costs I am sure at some point this will be on the radar as a cost saving and BA will introduce a strict 'use one lounge only' policy so no lounge hopping for free and a stamp on the BP saying 'lounge already entered' and 'guest already used' and then if you want to move to QF or CX lounge they will either turn you away or charge you for entry.
Old May 31, 2018, 9:46 am

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
Given the desire of BA to cut costs I am sure at some point this will be on the radar as a cost saving and BA will introduce a strict 'use one lounge only' policy so no lounge hopping for free and a stamp on the BP saying 'lounge already entered' and 'guest already used' and then if you want to move to QF or CX lounge they will either turn you away or charge you for entry.
wow that would certainly be a serious "downgrade"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.