Wiki Posts
Search

MCT WT+ Availability

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2018, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL
MCT WT+ Availability

I was booking flights to Muscat the other day and realised that between June 9th and August 23rd, WT+ tickets are not sold at all. This is odd as it appears a 787 is scheduled to operate the route throughout summer. Any reason why it's blocked off?
Old May 30, 2018, 4:51 pm

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
I'm booked on this service in mid Aug and still showing a 787-9 so not sure whats going on.
Old May 30, 2018, 7:23 pm

Wonder if this is going to be operated by a QR A330 - was some discussion a while back but no confirmation on routes etc
Cymro and Pursh like this.
Old May 31, 2018, 2:59 am

I am flying to Muscat in Club, returning 23rd June in WT+ as it’s a day flight. Based on this should I be expecting to be up or downgraded if the plane doesn’t have WT+?

I am Gold and my GF who is travelling with me is Bronze in case that makes a difference.

Thanks!
Old May 31, 2018, 3:21 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Charlie32
I am flying to Muscat in Club, returning 23rd June in WT+ as it’s a day flight. Based on this should I be expecting to be up or downgraded if the plane doesn’t have WT+?

I am Gold and my GF who is travelling with me is Bronze in case that makes a difference.

Thanks!
Given the small size of the QR J cabins, I wouldn't expect an upgrade. With 30J vs 35J on the BA 787s, the Club load would need to be below 80% for anyone at all to be upgraded - but there will potentially be 23 other W passengers (or more if BA was counting on upgrades). You'll probably be near the front of the queue but there is a lot that can go wrong so I would be counting on a downgrade.
Old May 31, 2018, 3:49 am

Policy when this issue has arisen on other routes is WTP gets downgraded to Y I'm afraid. Best bet is to try & persuade them to release some J reward seats so you can UUA but no guarantees if J already selling well
Old Jun 4, 2018, 7:25 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
Just had notification that flight has been changed to a Qatar A330
Old Jun 4, 2018, 7:30 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
No notification of course (MyFlights is sorely missed....) ended up in 2 random J seats on a QR330 bearing no resemblance to those booked, now moved back to preferred seating.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 8:01 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
BA MCT QR guidance

Muscat - Update 1 - 4 June 2018 at 1030 hours

Flights/Dates affected

BA79 LHR-MCT 9 June - 20 August 2018
BA80 MCT-LHR 10 June - 21 August 2018

Tickets issued by

3 June 2018

Options for Club World passengers who have been rebooked in the Business cabin on QR operated wetlease

Club World passengers have been rebooked in the Business Class cabin where possible.

If the customer no longer wishes to travel on a QR operated flight:
The customer may use the value of their ticket towards the purchase of a new ticket to an alternative destination
Offer a full refund back to the original form of payment

If the customer still wishes to travel in the Business Cabin on a QR operated flight:
Advise the customer their flight will now be operated on Qatar Airways (QR)

Options for Club World passengers who have been rebooked in the Economy cabin on QR operated wetlease

The cabin configuration on the QR operated flights mean a number of Club World customers will be rebooked into the Economy cabin. As this is a cabin change the following options apply:

The customer may use the value of their ticket towards the purchase of a new ticket to an alternative destination

If the customer still wishes to travel in the Economy Cabin on a QR operated flight:
The customer will receive the difference in fare from Club to Economy - this will be processed automatically
The customer will retain their Club baggage allowance, lounge access and Avios / Tier Point earning
Please offer customer a goodwill gesture of either GBP400.00 e-voucher OR 80,000 Avios per affected sector

Options for World Traveller Plus passengers who have been rebooked in the Economy on QR operated wetlease

There is no World Traveller Plus cabin on the QR operated flights, so WTP customers have been rebooked in the Economy cabin. As this is a cabin change the following options will apply:

If the customer still wishes to travel in the Economy Cabin on a QR operated flight:
The customer will receive the difference in fare from World Traveller Plus to Economy - this will be processed automatically
The customer will retain World Traveller Plus baggage allowance and Avios / Tier Point earning
Please offer GGL, Gold, Silver & Bronze members of the Executive Club will a goodwill gesture of 20,000 Avios per affected sector

Options for World Traveller passengers who have been rebooked in the Economy cabin on QR operated wetlease

All World Traveller passengers have been rebooked in the Economy cabin.

Please offer options from standard customer guidelines for Leased Aircraft

Advise the customer their flight will now be operated on Qatar Airways (QR)

Origin/Destination/Stopover changes

No

Refunds Allowed

Only for First, Club and World Traveller Plus customers - see above

Fare difference refunds may take up to 4 weeks to process
The refund in fare will not be processed automatically and should be handled by you

Redemptions Included

Yes

Important Info

You must update remarks to accurately reflect the conversation and action taken

The customer will need to contact Customer Relations to request their choice of goodwill gesture

If using standard customer guidelines for leased aircraft onto alternative BA operated flight please be aware availability may be limited

If rebooking please ensure any associated SSR's are added back to the PNR
Customers who accept a QR operated wetlease flight are not permitted to add guns and/or oxygen to the booking
Kosher meals are not available on these flights. Customers who want a Kosher meal will be offered the alternative of a fruit platter. For First and Club World ONLY - if this is not suitable customer may be offered a full refund
Any non-vegetarian meals will be Halal
If the customer is eligible for free seating the contact centres will have to process this on behalf of the customer or it will need to be arranged at check-in

If the customer has already purchased excess baggage for the BA operated flight and has changed cabin this will be automatically refunded. If still required it can be rebooked on the QR operated flight

Pre-paid seating and pre-paid meals will not be available on these flights. Customers who had these booked will be automatically refunded

Pre-order meals are not available on these flights

The e-voucher can be issued in GBP or the equivalent value in USD or EUR

The cabin change refund will be processed automatically. If the customer then requests a full refund please make them aware the refund will show as two transactions

One involuntary ticket change allowed
Also being discussed Here

Last edited by rjn21; Jun 4, 2018 at 8:38 am
Old Jun 4, 2018, 8:35 am

Programs: LH SEN; BA Gold
Originally Posted by rjn21
I'm somewhat surprised that BA doesn't offer alternative routings for downgraded CW passengers. No more room on QR LHR/LGW-DOH-MCT flights?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.